Toggle shoutbox What's Up? Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Supplic... : (20 October 2014 - 06:50 PM) By the end if tour Amber was reading the forums... Warned her she is now on a slippery slope to dork stardom ;)
@  michelle : (16 October 2014 - 12:21 AM) :grouphug:
@  Supplic... : (13 October 2014 - 02:20 PM) DSO family: u r the best. Thank you. Between u forums kids n u tour kids and those of us that r both, i could never ever be alone ever again. Damn!
@  cnjBrian : (05 October 2014 - 02:36 PM) Thanks Mason, tread on tires are good also but needs fix-a-flat every tour...
@  Supplic... : (05 October 2014 - 09:05 AM) Anyone driving from Redding to Redwood city/bay area on tuesday after show or wed morning??? Ride please? PLEASE?
@  Terrapi... : (04 October 2014 - 07:12 PM) Ugly Rumour Dark Star Orchestra
Grate Room at Terrapin X-Roads - (8:00pmPT):

http://www.ustream.t...ght2theuniverse
@  Mason... : (04 October 2014 - 10:07 AM) Well played Brian.
@  Dancin... : (03 October 2014 - 11:47 AM) cnjBrian with the Swish!!
@  cnjBrian : (03 October 2014 - 08:55 AM) My "59" european hybrid is still running strong. Has some suspension problems, bushings all worn out, mechanic says runs at a steady 70 bpm and oil pressure good. Some computer issues but only overheats at DSO shows!
@  Tea for... : (03 October 2014 - 08:00 AM) Gone are the days we used to decide...1988 Subaru Wagon (RIP) 208K. I criss-crossed the country in "Sunshine" a time or 2. Loved it except I think I had about 8 CV joints replaced until I gave up. Had to turn the heat on to keep from overheating in the summer. Sweet blackout curtains to boot :)
@  Mason... : (02 October 2014 - 11:21 AM) Jenna's CRV is up 210,000. Just did denver to Hollywood and back. She runs great but has some problems non engine related as well. It's a 2005 I believe and the power windows don't work. I love the mechanical never fail windows in my s10. CRV also has no AC
@  Mango : (25 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) wow!! nice
@  Supplic... : (25 September 2014 - 08:51 PM) Mango the civic made it to 222!!!
@  Mango : (22 September 2014 - 07:16 PM) It's a diesel...has a host of problems, non-engine related. Really wish they hadn't put power windows in it but I guess in 1984 it seemed like quite a luxury....
@  Tea for... : (22 September 2014 - 03:36 PM) 414?!? That's kilometers, right? Holy Smokes!
@  Mango : (21 September 2014 - 02:54 PM) I'd go for a new or newer car if it was option...
@  found : (21 September 2014 - 09:43 AM) Mango, in all fairness to thunderturd, she didn't die. I could've squeezed some more juice out of her. I was just ready for a change. Having said that, your benz is from another planet.
@  Mango : (20 September 2014 - 10:35 PM) oops...meant 414...she's a beast
@  Mango : (20 September 2014 - 06:57 PM) 209? that's nothing....my mercedes has 214 and the odometer stopped about 5000 ago...can't match the 100 shows tho. new car...nice...
@  found : (20 September 2014 - 11:21 AM) Retired my tour vehicle yesterday. We made it 209k miles and 100 shows together. Time to break the new car in.

Anyone Going From Gfest To All Good?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Member_Dustyn_has left

Member_Dustyn_has left
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:51 PM

I know someone out there has to be planning this epic trip, too. I've never been to either. I've heard some bad things about All Good (nitrous gangs?), but it'd totally be worth it for the lineup.

I know if I go all the way up there for GFest / All Good from Georgia, I'm not gonna wanna turn around and come back home. If I'm gonna go that far (which I most assuredly am) I'll be doing both. I'm kind of thinking about trying to find some cheap way to just camp out between them, too. My budget's not all that great, and the gas to get there is gonna be ridiculous.

#2 Sister Bluebird

Sister Bluebird

DSO Fanatic

• DSO Fanatic
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

I know someone out there has to be planning this epic trip, too. I've never been to either. I've heard some bad things about All Good (nitrous gangs?), but it'd totally be worth it for the lineup.

I know if I go all the way up there for GFest / All Good from Georgia, I'm not gonna wanna turn around and come back home. If I'm gonna go that far (which I most assuredly am) I'll be doing both. I'm kind of thinking about trying to find some cheap way to just camp out between them, too. My budget's not all that great, and the gas to get there is gonna be ridiculous.

you're in luck, dustyn. nlqp is a campground, only $10 a night and the best venue ever. there's a quarry to swim in, a sand beach, kind folk. i stay there until wednesday, and then head down to all good. if i remember correctly, it's only a 3-4 hour trip.

Posted Image

#3 Mason's Child

Mason's Child

Forum MVP

• Forum MVP
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:55 PM

There will be many doing this trip. Hoping DSO does a show or two in between or I am going to shoot up to Vermont to see Furthur on Monday. Many will go from Gfest to Allgood.

#4 Bobbymcgee36

Bobbymcgee36

The Star Child

• DSO Fanatic
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:10 AM

I am going to shoot up to Vermont to see Furthur on Monday

ka-blamo

#5 Member_deadheadmike_has left

Member_deadheadmike_has left
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:15 AM

ka-blamo

:rofl:

#6 jimo

jimo

Starhead

• Starhead
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:34 AM

you're in luck, dustyn. nlqp is a campground, only $10 a night and the best venue ever. there's a quarry to swim in, a sand beach, kind folk. i stay there until wednesday, and then head down to all good. if i remember correctly, it's only a 3-4 hour trip.

Posted Image

In 2008, I planned on staying the day and night after Gfest ended at NLQP. I went to the gate to inform them I was staying an additional night and the staff said everyone needed to be out the DAY after Gfest ended. We had no choice but to leave. If you are planning on staying at NLQP after Gfest, you need to talk to NLQP before Gfest to make sure you can stay.

#7 Member_Dustyn_has left

Member_Dustyn_has left
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:21 AM

In 2008, I planned on staying the day and night after Gfest ended at NLQP. I went to the gate to inform them I was staying an additional night and the staff said everyone needed to be out the DAY after Gfest ended. We had no choice but to leave. If you are planning on staying at NLQP after Gfest, you need to talk to NLQP before Gfest to make sure you can stay.

Thanks for the info. What did you end up doing when you couldn't stay? Hopefully they'll make an exception...

#8 jimo

jimo

Starhead

• Starhead
  • 268 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:54 AM

Thanks for the info. What did you end up doing when you couldn't stay? Hopefully they'll make an exception...

I asked the day after Gfest ended at around 11am when I went to buy more ice. The guy at the front gate said no exceptions and everyone needed to be out of the place. I had no choice but to pack up and go. I drove home (6.5 hr drive). There is a state park just north of NLQP on the same road Rt. 282. I checked their website but it appears they do not offer camping. There are other places on that same road. I suggest you call NLQP and ask if you can stay after Gfest. If they say you can't, ask them for suggestions on where to camp close by. Hope this helps.

#9 FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:35 PM

It's definitely a great weekend, but I feel like it's started to sell out a bit. This may be the last one for me (but I said that last year, too!) I fell asleep every night last year to the sound of tanks, but it obviously didn't deter me from buying a ticket for this year! I've never been to Gratefulfest either, but I can only imagine what a huge change it will be to hit All Good 10 days later! An awesome couple weeks nonetheless!!! Have a fantastic time! Safe travels :)

Edited by FriendlyFire, 07 April 2011 - 12:39 PM.

laughin in her eyes, dancin in her feet

#10 Mason's Child

Mason's Child

Forum MVP

• Forum MVP
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:04 PM

It's definitely a great weekend, but I feel like it's started to sell out a bit. This may be the last one for me (but I said that last year, too!) I fell asleep every night last year to the sound of tanks, but it obviously didn't deter me from buying a ticket for this year! I've never been to Gratefulfest either, but I can only imagine what a huge change it will be to hit All Good 10 days later! An awesome couple weeks nonetheless!!! Have a fantastic time! Safe travels :)

There are plenty of places to camp at Allgood where you won't have to deal with the tanks all night. You just have to be familiar with the lay of the land.

#11 FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire

Regular Poster

• Regular Poster
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:31 PM

There are plenty of places to camp at Allgood where you won't have to deal with the tanks all night. You just have to be familiar with the lay of the land.

I agree completely! This will be my 4th year - we were late getting in last year and kinda took what we could get
laughin in her eyes, dancin in her feet

#12 sunshinedaydreamer

sunshinedaydreamer

Step 2

• New Kid In Town
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

Last year was my first all good and I also had heard about it being a bit sketchy. I was pleasantly surprised though. I did not see any tanks and only heard about one all weekend. Plus the one I heard about was not nitrous mafia, just a personal tank. They put up fences next to the main walkway to deter nitrous dealers and that really helped. I really would recommend All Good. The best part is that they have no overlapping sets so you don't have to choose between artists. As for going from Gratefulfest to All Good, Im lucky because I live in Maryland so its not too far to go home in between.

#13 Member_jamespeter1121_has left

Member_jamespeter1121_has left
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:01 PM

Need help in your PC and Laptop..We are also engaged in providing services of computer services that includes annual maintenance contracts, implementation network design services data recovery services, onsite backup services and network design services.
Computer answers offers you the best professional services in online computer repair. It is a time-saving and cost-effective resource for home computer repair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users