Toggle shoutbox What's Up? Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dleonard : (17 November 2014 - 06:10 PM) rob eatonb
@  Supplic... : (20 October 2014 - 06:50 PM) By the end if tour Amber was reading the forums... Warned her she is now on a slippery slope to dork stardom ;)
@  michelle : (16 October 2014 - 12:21 AM) :grouphug:
@  Supplic... : (13 October 2014 - 02:20 PM) DSO family: u r the best. Thank you. Between u forums kids n u tour kids and those of us that r both, i could never ever be alone ever again. Damn!
@  cnjBrian : (05 October 2014 - 02:36 PM) Thanks Mason, tread on tires are good also but needs fix-a-flat every tour...
@  Supplic... : (05 October 2014 - 09:05 AM) Anyone driving from Redding to Redwood city/bay area on tuesday after show or wed morning??? Ride please? PLEASE?
@  Terrapi... : (04 October 2014 - 07:12 PM) Ugly Rumour Dark Star Orchestra
Grate Room at Terrapin X-Roads - (8:00pmPT):

http://www.ustream.t...ght2theuniverse
@  Mason... : (04 October 2014 - 10:07 AM) Well played Brian.
@  Dancin... : (03 October 2014 - 11:47 AM) cnjBrian with the Swish!!
@  cnjBrian : (03 October 2014 - 08:55 AM) My "59" european hybrid is still running strong. Has some suspension problems, bushings all worn out, mechanic says runs at a steady 70 bpm and oil pressure good. Some computer issues but only overheats at DSO shows!
@  Tea for... : (03 October 2014 - 08:00 AM) Gone are the days we used to decide...1988 Subaru Wagon (RIP) 208K. I criss-crossed the country in "Sunshine" a time or 2. Loved it except I think I had about 8 CV joints replaced until I gave up. Had to turn the heat on to keep from overheating in the summer. Sweet blackout curtains to boot :)
@  Mason... : (02 October 2014 - 11:21 AM) Jenna's CRV is up 210,000. Just did denver to Hollywood and back. She runs great but has some problems non engine related as well. It's a 2005 I believe and the power windows don't work. I love the mechanical never fail windows in my s10. CRV also has no AC
@  Mango : (25 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) wow!! nice
@  Supplic... : (25 September 2014 - 08:51 PM) Mango the civic made it to 222!!!
@  Mango : (22 September 2014 - 07:16 PM) It's a diesel...has a host of problems, non-engine related. Really wish they hadn't put power windows in it but I guess in 1984 it seemed like quite a luxury....
@  Tea for... : (22 September 2014 - 03:36 PM) 414?!? That's kilometers, right? Holy Smokes!
@  Mango : (21 September 2014 - 02:54 PM) I'd go for a new or newer car if it was option...
@  found : (21 September 2014 - 09:43 AM) Mango, in all fairness to thunderturd, she didn't die. I could've squeezed some more juice out of her. I was just ready for a change. Having said that, your benz is from another planet.
@  Mango : (20 September 2014 - 10:35 PM) oops...meant 414...she's a beast
@  Mango : (20 September 2014 - 06:57 PM) 209? that's nothing....my mercedes has 214 and the odometer stopped about 5000 ago...can't match the 100 shows tho. new car...nice...

Photo

Dave Tarlowe Memorial Benefit Sat May 05 - Mexicali Live [Teaneck, NJ]

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Mike

Mike

Dead For Life

• Forum Staff
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

Dave Tarlowe Memorial Benefit featuring DSOs Jeff Mattson, Rob Barraco, Lisa Mackey & Rob Eaton (formerly of Border Legion) plus Border Legion alum Tom Skip Vangelas and Jimmy Monia.

Sat May 05 - Mexicali Live [Teaneck, NJ]

Address: 1409 Queen Anne Rd

Phone: 201-833-0011

9:00 p.m., 21+ or all ages w/parent or guardian.

This is a memorial for Border Legion lead guitarist Dave Tarlowe, whose quick and fierce bout with cancer lead to his untimely death. Come join some of Dave's former band mates plus some special friends as they celebrate his life with a night of Border Legion music. All net proceeds from this event will be donated to the Karen Ann Quinlan Hospice Foundation - a not for profit organization that helped Dave and many others pass on with peace.

Venue Tickets | Venue Link | Google Maps

#2 topher44

topher44

Starhead

• Starhead
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

I can't think of a better way to spend Cinco de Mayo, it being held at Mexicali, and it will be cool to see which "special friends" show up in support. We here in the NYC metro region are due for a DSO blitz during the month of May.... what with this benefit to kick things off, then Huntington on the 12th, my first Terrapin Nation show on the 14th, the Mighty High on the 18th, 19th and 20th, and then Englewood, Princeton, Tarrytown, and Brooklyn later in the month. I am not sure that I will be able to make every one of them , but there are so many options... it feels like shopping !!! My only worry is that we will then probably have a long wait before the band returns to the area... but we are definitely spoiled around these parts, as DSO plays a hefty number of shows here each year. And for that, I am most grateful !!!

Edited by topher44, 05 March 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#3 Member_Rob Eaton_has left

Member_Rob Eaton_has left
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

This will be a special and emotional night for me and others. There will be some songs never before played by DSO and some good ol' hard core GD (as Dave would have liked). Make sure you get tickets in advance as it's expected to sell out early. There is no guest list for those who normally get on as it's a benefit (with the exception of Dave's family). Jeff Mattson, Rob Baracco, Lisa Mackey, Will Popp, Nick Tiano, Matt Reynolds, Cotter Michaels, Ron Millholland (bus drive) and myself all from DSO will all be there in support. Tickets are on sale....
Peace

PS> I'll be bumping this thread up every so often....

#4 Member_L~Cat_has left

Member_L~Cat_has left
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

wish I could make it to show some support and for something a little different! Will be looking forward to seeing the setlist

#5 Member_Rob Eaton_has left

• Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

Here is an interesting April 93 schedule from Wetlands. Border Legion, Zen Tricksters and Dave M all the same month... We even played 4/20 before there was a 4/20. Pretty cool.... Who would have thunk Border Legion and Zen Tricksters would come together so many years later..
webkit-fake-url://B3EBE143-23BE-4624-A8D1-8AD4FBC8B6AA/image.tiff

#6 August West

August West

((((((((((TARA))))))))))

• Forum MVP
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Have my tickets in hand. Just an FYI.....Lisa is not listed on the ticket itself, although I'm sure as you said, she'll will be performing. See you there Rob.

Get your tickets here folks.....

http://www.ticketweb...eventId=4342335
Sleep in the stars....

#7 Member_Rob Eaton_has left

• Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

Well they screwed up.... She will be there.... Also I can't figure out how to get my media on the forum... Anybody have an idea? My April 93 schedule does not show up when I post it.

#8 August West

August West

((((((((((TARA))))))))))

• Forum MVP
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Also I can't figure out how to get my media on the forum... Anybody have an idea?

It's a real pain to post that pic from that type of link. I had the same problem awhile back, and Lisa walked me through it. I think you may have to post it in the gallery, and then transfer it. I saw that pic of The Wetlands schedule, pretty damn cool. So many awesome bands. I also noticed my good friend Mark Diomede's band Solar Circus, who were really hot then, were scheduled to play there May 1st.
Sleep in the stars....

#9 Member_Rob Eaton_has left

• Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

Lets try this

#10 Member_L~Cat_has left

Member_L~Cat_has left
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Lets try this

funny to see some of the other bands up there...311, dave matthews band $8- "funky folky psychedelic"...certainly not how they ended up!

also see that the zen tricksters were playing the same place a week after....did you guys know each other back then playing locally in the spots?

#11 Member_Rob Eaton_has left

• Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

Rival Dead bands... we hated each other :)

#12 rbarraco

rbarraco

Keyboards, Vocals

• Band Member
  • 391 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

Rival Dead bands... we hated each other :)

There was a time way back when that I was in Timberwolf, Mattson was in The Volunteers, and Eaton was in Border Legion! 3 rival dead bands now made into one!!

#13 Member_L~Cat_has left

Member_L~Cat_has left
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

There was a time way back when that I was in Timberwolf, Mattson was in The Volunteers, and Eaton was in Border Legion! 3 rival dead bands now made into one!!

glad all you old farts found each other!!! :)

#14 Member_Rob Eaton_has left

• Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

Just bringing this to the top of the page again..... Buy tickets for it's a great benefit and a great cause and it's my only way to pay tribute to my very dear friend. If it were not for Dave Tarlowe I would not be in DSO so if you are fond of DSO do me this favor and attend this special night. All those who are thinking of coming or just want to buy a ticket to donate to the non profit hospice please do so. i want this show to sell out well in advance, not for me but for Dave and his family. Tears and smiles will be flowing and music is all about emotion and this night will be no different....
Peace
Rob
PS> Expect to hear songs DSO will NEVER do...... As well as a all Dave's favorite Dead songs. set #2 will be all Dead set #1 will have Dead and our favorite Border Legion covers. I will upload so photos of Dave with Border Legion on this site soon.

#15 Member_crazy digits_has left

Member_crazy digits_has left
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

I have a ticket..God willing, I'll be there..if not, I'll miracle the ticket. peace

#16 Herdygerdy

Herdygerdy

Magnificent Bastard

• Advisory Board
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

I bought a ticket... Dunno if I will make the show (more then likely will not), gas prices being what they are and all, but even if I don't make it, the $$ goes to a great cause...

If I can't make it to the show, I will not give the ticket away, but rather, give my body space to the crowd... Mexicali can get PACKED to the point where you can not move... so there's another good deed, cept this one goes to the crowd... a 2'x2' space on the floor might not be much, but trust me, it will help! This space is getting HOT!

jackson2.jpg
logo.jpg

#17 Member_L~Cat_has left

Member_L~Cat_has left
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

I hate to buy a ticket that I definitely won't be able to use and that someone else could (though- it would mean 1 extra person's worth of dancing space for y'all) so will send a check to the hospice in his name...would like to support somehow since I can't be there.....

#18 Member_crazy digits_has left

Member_crazy digits_has left
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

I bought a ticket... Dunno if I will make the show (more then likely will not), gas prices being what they are and all, but even if I don't make it, the $$ goes to a great cause...

If I can't make it to the show, I will not give the ticket away, but rather, give my body space to the crowd... Mexicali can get PACKED to the point where you can not move... so there's another good deed, cept this one goes to the crowd... a 2'x2' space on the floor might not be much, but trust me, it will help! This space is getting HOT!

herdy, maybe you can come up this way...we'll drive up..

#19 Member_Rob Eaton_has left

• Guests

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

Bump back to the top........

#20 nwnj steve

nwnj steve

Forum MVP

• Forum MVP
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

I would love to video tape this show especially since there will be some out of the ordinally stuff played that evening but when that place is packed its pretty hard to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users