Toggle shoutbox What's Up? Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dleonard : (17 November 2014 - 06:10 PM) rob eatonb
@  Supplic... : (20 October 2014 - 06:50 PM) By the end if tour Amber was reading the forums... Warned her she is now on a slippery slope to dork stardom ;)
@  michelle : (16 October 2014 - 12:21 AM) :grouphug:
@  Supplic... : (13 October 2014 - 02:20 PM) DSO family: u r the best. Thank you. Between u forums kids n u tour kids and those of us that r both, i could never ever be alone ever again. Damn!
@  cnjBrian : (05 October 2014 - 02:36 PM) Thanks Mason, tread on tires are good also but needs fix-a-flat every tour...
@  Supplic... : (05 October 2014 - 09:05 AM) Anyone driving from Redding to Redwood city/bay area on tuesday after show or wed morning??? Ride please? PLEASE?
@  Terrapi... : (04 October 2014 - 07:12 PM) Ugly Rumour Dark Star Orchestra
Grate Room at Terrapin X-Roads - (8:00pmPT):

http://www.ustream.t...ght2theuniverse
@  Mason... : (04 October 2014 - 10:07 AM) Well played Brian.
@  Dancin... : (03 October 2014 - 11:47 AM) cnjBrian with the Swish!!
@  cnjBrian : (03 October 2014 - 08:55 AM) My "59" european hybrid is still running strong. Has some suspension problems, bushings all worn out, mechanic says runs at a steady 70 bpm and oil pressure good. Some computer issues but only overheats at DSO shows!
@  Tea for... : (03 October 2014 - 08:00 AM) Gone are the days we used to decide...1988 Subaru Wagon (RIP) 208K. I criss-crossed the country in "Sunshine" a time or 2. Loved it except I think I had about 8 CV joints replaced until I gave up. Had to turn the heat on to keep from overheating in the summer. Sweet blackout curtains to boot :)
@  Mason... : (02 October 2014 - 11:21 AM) Jenna's CRV is up 210,000. Just did denver to Hollywood and back. She runs great but has some problems non engine related as well. It's a 2005 I believe and the power windows don't work. I love the mechanical never fail windows in my s10. CRV also has no AC
@  Mango : (25 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) wow!! nice
@  Supplic... : (25 September 2014 - 08:51 PM) Mango the civic made it to 222!!!
@  Mango : (22 September 2014 - 07:16 PM) It's a diesel...has a host of problems, non-engine related. Really wish they hadn't put power windows in it but I guess in 1984 it seemed like quite a luxury....
@  Tea for... : (22 September 2014 - 03:36 PM) 414?!? That's kilometers, right? Holy Smokes!
@  Mango : (21 September 2014 - 02:54 PM) I'd go for a new or newer car if it was option...
@  found : (21 September 2014 - 09:43 AM) Mango, in all fairness to thunderturd, she didn't die. I could've squeezed some more juice out of her. I was just ready for a change. Having said that, your benz is from another planet.
@  Mango : (20 September 2014 - 10:35 PM) oops...meant 414...she's a beast
@  Mango : (20 September 2014 - 06:57 PM) 209? that's nothing....my mercedes has 214 and the odometer stopped about 5000 ago...can't match the 100 shows tho. new car...nice...

Jubilee Lineup Announced

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Member_L~Cat_has left

Member_L~Cat_has left
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Jubilee Lineup Announced
Posted on: April 11, 2012
The Dark Star Jubilee , set for Labor Day Weekend (August 31 - September 2), will feature three days and nights of friends, family, camping, over 20 bands, nearly 40 hours of music, no overlapping sets, and a whole lot more! In addition to three full shows by Dark Star Orchestra we’ve just announced our very Special Guests, including the Mickey Hart Band, 7 Walkers featuring Bill Kreutzmann, Keller Williams, Jorma Kaukonen, Infamous Stringdusters, Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk, Donna the Buffalo, Donna Jean Godchaux Band w/Jeff Mattson, Perpetual Groove, BoomBox, Cornmeal, Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad, David Gans, Jahman Brahman, Rumpke Mountain Boys, The Spikedrivers and more to be announced!

For info on tickets, including the Early Bird 3-Day Festival Pass that’s available now, can be found here . For everything else Jubilee, including VIP’s, RV’s, and Vendors, go here , and we’ll meet you at the Jubilee!

Those are some great acts and for 89 bucks for the weekend, can't beat it. Kudos to the band for pulling this together!

#2 Tea for Texas

Tea for Texas

Delicate Flower

• Contributor
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Posted Image

Everybody's either makin love......or else expecting rain

#3 JenL1125

JenL1125

DSO Fanatic

• DSO Fanatic
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

I'd love an experienced opinion: Are children ages 3 and 5 too young for a three day camping festival? If there was a hotel option, I could pull this off, but we've never done the camping thing with the kids. Any thoughts?
"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ Christopher Robin to Pooh

#4 chuckvegas

chuckvegas

Ambassador Extraordinaire

• Advisory Board
  • 8,832 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

I know from observations made at the Ledges that a fair number of folks had little people of the FHA (Future Hippies of America) persuasion there and things seemed to go fine, at least during daylight hours. I'm not sure how it went for them in the depths of the woods at the dark of night, and as you no doubt know, your experiences may vary. Duct tape is certainly one child restraint option when all else fails.

If the children can take three days of "normal" outdoors fun, I would think they could handle this unless they are really rambunctious.

#5 Evangeline

Evangeline

Forum Star

• Contributor
  • 478 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

The whole lineup is fantastic! I am so particularly psyched about Jorma and Donna the Buffalo. This is gonna be great!!! :headbang:

#6 Mason's Child

Mason's Child

Forum MVP

• Forum MVP
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

The line-up is fantastic. Lots of gd music will beplayed. Plus, a few good bluegrass acts and very few acts i cant be near the stage. Out of politeness i won't mention any of them by name. This is going to be an amazing weekend.

#7 Teacher Matt

Teacher Matt

Forum MVP

• Forum MVP
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'd love an experienced opinion: Are children ages 3 and 5 too young for a three day camping festival? If there was a hotel option, I could pull this off, but we've never done the camping thing with the kids. Any thoughts?

Depending on what kind of shape you are in at the end of the night ... because the great city, home of the Ohio State Buckeyes, Columbus ... is only a spell down the road....

and since the site is right off of "I-70" you have quick access in and out ... plus hotels dot the exits going in both directions ....
Ohio - The Buckeye State

#8 Michael Doc Watson

Michael Doc Watson

Forum VIP

• Forum VIP
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

.... Are children ages 3 and 5 too young for a three day camping festival? ....

I've seen many young ones at Grateful Fest but at several other festivals I can't remember children of that age. I'm sure a big factor is how well the whole family is prepared to look after them. There are situations like who is going to watch the child while both parents' favorite band is on stage latter at night. A couple years ago I camped next to a family who in the afternoon of the first day the gentleman told me that they were pulling up their tent and heading home because the child was starting to show initial small signs of possible illness , a sneeze or two I think he said. It was a good example of being dedicated to taking care of the child even when it meant they were going to miss everything.

Peace and Love,
Doc

#9 JenL1125

JenL1125

DSO Fanatic

• DSO Fanatic
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Thanks to all for Ur insights. It just sounds like such a fun event! But my girls r still too young, i think. I just can't wait to bring them and dance with them. They love to dance, too! But in reality, they would probably only be happy for about a day,if that, so i'll just try to cool my heels for a while. Come to think of it, I should probably take them to a couple of shows ( in a couple of years)before I start taking them to festivals. U guys helped. Thanks again.
"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~ Christopher Robin to Pooh

#10 bs69

bs69

Forum MVP

• Forum MVP
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

Thanks to all for Ur insights. It just sounds like such a fun event! But my girls r still too young, i think. I just can't wait to bring them and dance with them. They love to dance, too! But in reality, they would probably only be happy for about a day,if that, so i'll just try to cool my heels for a while. Come to think of it, I should probably take them to a couple of shows ( in a couple of years)before I start taking them to festivals. U guys helped. Thanks again.

I would recommend taking them to the springfield show earlier in the summer, if you are in the area, to see how they react to the crowd. there are always a lot of young ones there. I believe I will be bringing my 4 kids to this, but they are older 9-16. Lineup looks awesome, can't wait, i was hoping Jorma and Cornmeal would be there!
Sex, Sports and Rock n' Roll

#11 Mike

Mike

Dead For Life

• Forum Staff
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

excellent line up !!! it should be here in SoCal , not Ohio ;) ...

#12 Member_crazy digits_has left

Member_crazy digits_has left
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Life is funny....you get really excited for things, can't wait for them to happen but sometimes forget the in between....I am really excited for this gig, hope I can pull it off..

#13 JenL1125

JenL1125

DSO Fanatic

• DSO Fanatic
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Life is funny....you get really excited for things, can't wait for them to happen but sometimes forget the in between....I am really excited for this gig, hope I can pull it off..

I hear that! "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"!

#14 Island Bro

Island Bro

Forum Star

• Contributor
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

I hear ya...
And when you have 6,432 hoops to jump through before your next show which is 3.42 months away,,,it seems like it's NEVER going to come along,,,!!

Without Love in the dream, it'll never come true...

#15 Evangeline

Evangeline

Forum Star

• Contributor
  • 478 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

You make an excellent point, Weather Command. I always find myself looking forward to things, and I constantly have to remember to enjoy the now!

#16 Herdygerdy

Herdygerdy

Magnificent Bastard

• Advisory Board
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

I'm in! Gonna buy my early bird tickets asap!

jackson2.jpg
logo.jpg

#17 stillrockinout

stillrockinout

Starhead

• Starhead
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Cornmeal,Stringdusters, and Jorma too ? Honey, pack the car!!!!!!!!
I won't slave for beggars pay,likewise gold and jewels;
but I would slave to learn the way,to sink your ship of fools.......

#18 Member_crazy digits_has left

Member_crazy digits_has left
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

to my regular peeps..it looks as though this is an official go for me...wonderin what you r thinking about camping, vip, regular, rv? I have to assume there is no shade? lets me know :-)

#19 jljbirdq

jljbirdq

DSO Fanatic

• DSO Fanatic
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Bought my ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now may I have some new performers please?????

#20 flairblair

flairblair

Frequent Poster

• Frequent Poster
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

got a "rising star vip ticket" which allegedly gives me the privelege of camping next to my vehicle. got a small pop up so i gots my own shade. the pictures i saw, having never been to buckeye before, led me to believe that shade would be hard to come by. can anyone give me some feedback about camping there? please compare and contrast to nlqp thanks for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users