Toggle shoutbox What's Up? Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dleonard : (17 November 2014 - 06:10 PM) rob eatonb
@  Supplic... : (20 October 2014 - 06:50 PM) By the end if tour Amber was reading the forums... Warned her she is now on a slippery slope to dork stardom ;)
@  michelle : (16 October 2014 - 12:21 AM) :grouphug:
@  Supplic... : (13 October 2014 - 02:20 PM) DSO family: u r the best. Thank you. Between u forums kids n u tour kids and those of us that r both, i could never ever be alone ever again. Damn!
@  cnjBrian : (05 October 2014 - 02:36 PM) Thanks Mason, tread on tires are good also but needs fix-a-flat every tour...
@  Supplic... : (05 October 2014 - 09:05 AM) Anyone driving from Redding to Redwood city/bay area on tuesday after show or wed morning??? Ride please? PLEASE?
@  Terrapi... : (04 October 2014 - 07:12 PM) Ugly Rumour Dark Star Orchestra
Grate Room at Terrapin X-Roads - (8:00pmPT):

http://www.ustream.t...ght2theuniverse
@  Mason... : (04 October 2014 - 10:07 AM) Well played Brian.
@  Dancin... : (03 October 2014 - 11:47 AM) cnjBrian with the Swish!!
@  cnjBrian : (03 October 2014 - 08:55 AM) My "59" european hybrid is still running strong. Has some suspension problems, bushings all worn out, mechanic says runs at a steady 70 bpm and oil pressure good. Some computer issues but only overheats at DSO shows!
@  Tea for... : (03 October 2014 - 08:00 AM) Gone are the days we used to decide...1988 Subaru Wagon (RIP) 208K. I criss-crossed the country in "Sunshine" a time or 2. Loved it except I think I had about 8 CV joints replaced until I gave up. Had to turn the heat on to keep from overheating in the summer. Sweet blackout curtains to boot :)
@  Mason... : (02 October 2014 - 11:21 AM) Jenna's CRV is up 210,000. Just did denver to Hollywood and back. She runs great but has some problems non engine related as well. It's a 2005 I believe and the power windows don't work. I love the mechanical never fail windows in my s10. CRV also has no AC
@  Mango : (25 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) wow!! nice
@  Supplic... : (25 September 2014 - 08:51 PM) Mango the civic made it to 222!!!
@  Mango : (22 September 2014 - 07:16 PM) It's a diesel...has a host of problems, non-engine related. Really wish they hadn't put power windows in it but I guess in 1984 it seemed like quite a luxury....
@  Tea for... : (22 September 2014 - 03:36 PM) 414?!? That's kilometers, right? Holy Smokes!
@  Mango : (21 September 2014 - 02:54 PM) I'd go for a new or newer car if it was option...
@  found : (21 September 2014 - 09:43 AM) Mango, in all fairness to thunderturd, she didn't die. I could've squeezed some more juice out of her. I was just ready for a change. Having said that, your benz is from another planet.
@  Mango : (20 September 2014 - 10:35 PM) oops...meant 414...she's a beast
@  Mango : (20 September 2014 - 06:57 PM) 209? that's nothing....my mercedes has 214 and the odometer stopped about 5000 ago...can't match the 100 shows tho. new car...nice...

Photo

Robert Hunter Tour 2013

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Ammagamalin Crew

Ammagamalin Crew

Forum Star

• Forum Star
  • 386 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

Robert Hunter 2013 Tour dates:

9/26- The Paramount- Huntington, NY

9/28- Symphony Hall - Allentown, PA

10/1- Count Basie Theater - Red Bank, NJ

10/3 Lisner Aud- Washington, DC

10/4- Keswick - Glenside, PA

10/5 Capital Theatre- Portchester, NY

10/7 Wilbur Theatre- Boston, MA

10/10 Town Hall NYC

Dream come true for all you east coasters.

Keep us posted as to how the performances develop.

Looks like tickets are still available for most of these shows.

Edited by Ammagamalin Crew, 15 August 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#2 cm_hayden

cm_hayden

Forum VIP

• Forum VIP
  • 614 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

Damn I wish I could make one of these.

Nothing to tell now, let the words be your's, I'm done with mine.

#3 chuckvegas

chuckvegas

Ambassador Extraordinaire

• Advisory Board
  • 8,833 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

Put a loving star
Back in an empty sky

#4 Cosmic Mike

Cosmic Mike

Starhead

• Contributor
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'm doing D.C. through Port Chester. Honestly have never listened to Hunter's solo stuff. I have only heard recordings when he'd come on during a JGB show and do "Tiger Rose" and "Promontory Rider." I might be doing these shows more so for the history than the music, hard to say. I'll make my mind up after I hear him play.

#5 Mango

Mango

Tangled up in Dew

• Forum MVP
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

Mike, it's Robert hunter, it's worth it. Where's the west coast dates??
Wings a mile long

#6 ducats

ducats

Forum Star

• Forum Star
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

I'm doing D.C. through Port Chester. Honestly have never listened to Hunter's solo stuff. I have only heard recordings when he'd come on during a JGB show and do "Tiger Rose" and "Promontory Rider." I might be doing these shows more so for the history than the music, hard to say. I'll make my mind up after I hear him play.

u r going 3 nights in a row? i would skip one. i would imagine you'll get VERY similar shows each night.

#7 found

found

SONIC TITAN

• Contributor
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

http://archive.org/d...-11-29.sbd.late

#8 John A

John A

Repeat Offender

• Contributor
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

I taped a Hunter show at the Warfield in 1990.  Tom Constanten joined him for Mountains of the Moon.  The whole show was very strong, but the Mountains was just haunting and the recording more than proves it.

Next time I saw him was at The Greek in 2003 opening for Phil & Friends.  He was jaw droopingly lame.  No idea if this was a bad period for him or what happened.

Have any folks here seen him perform subsequent to ’03?

#9 Cosmic Mike

Cosmic Mike

Starhead

• Contributor
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

u r going 3 nights in a row? i would skip one. i would imagine you'll get VERY similar shows each night.

I'll take your word for it and skip Glenside to head to Port Chester a day early for Herbie Hancock the night before Hunter plays there.

#10 Ammagamalin Crew

Ammagamalin Crew

Forum Star

• Forum Star
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

Saw three shows in a row at the HOB in Chicago 2002 (4/28,4/29 &4/30) and each one was completely different (except the mandatory Boys and Ripple). The 28th was my birthday and I asked him to play a "Gypsy Parlor Lights" he had enough stuff to lay out without having to dip into Chet and Murphy terrain. You know he's got a full Box of Rain to unleash. You don't want to miss that special set!  I'm making plans for the Glenside>Boston three.

#11 Ammagamalin Crew

Ammagamalin Crew

Forum Star

• Forum Star
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

Gotta be one of my favorites!

http://archive.org/d...-11-29.sbd.late

#12 Cosmic Mike

Cosmic Mike

Starhead

• Contributor
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Yes! Thank you for that archive show. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Really like Hunter's voice. He sure has a lot of soul and puts an interesting spin on the songs.

#13 ducats

ducats

Forum Star

• Forum Star
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

Saw three shows in a row at the HOB in Chicago 2002 (4/28,4/29 &4/30) and each one was completely different (except the mandatory Boys and Ripple). The 28th was my birthday and I asked him to play a "Gypsy Parlor Lights" he had enough stuff to lay out without having to dip into Chet and Murphy terrain. You know he's got a full Box of Rain to unleash. You don't want to miss that special set!  I'm making plans for the Glenside>Boston three.

3 night run at the same venue is different than 3 different stops a decade later

#14 found

found

SONIC TITAN

• Contributor
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

Would love to make one of herbies dates. One of my heroes. Much like the dead, his sound changed with the times and technology. Takin off, my point of view, inventions and dimensions, empyrean isle, maiden voyage, mwandishi, man child, sextant, head hunters, thrust, v.s.o.p., in concert, herbie and chick. Every single one of those albums is a stone cold classic. And to be honest, I like rockit.

On topic though, maybe I can swing Boston.

#15 cm_hayden

cm_hayden

Forum VIP

• Forum VIP
  • 614 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

Got chance to catch Hunter when he was playing between sets for TOO.

Nothing to tell now, let the words be your's, I'm done with mine.

#16 Ammagamalin Crew

Ammagamalin Crew

Forum Star

• Forum Star
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

That Stella Blue is also incredible from this 1990 show with Tom

I taped a Hunter show at the Warfield in 1990.  Tom Constanten joined him for Mountains of the Moon.  The whole show was very strong, but the Mountains was just haunting and the recording more than proves it.

Next time I saw him was at The Greek in 2003 opening for Phil & Friends.  He was jaw droopingly lame.  No idea if this was a bad period for him or what happened.

Have any folks here seen him perform subsequent to ’03?

#17 Ammagamalin Crew

Ammagamalin Crew

Forum Star

• Forum Star
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

Very true; however, if we got to wait another 10 years to attend another show? I'd plan on seeing as many of these as possible. This is the source folks. Nobody has the depth and humanity of Hunter and for him to come all the way out of CA to play, let's show some serious support people. Everyone of these shows should be sold out, he is the creator of most of our literary journey through "dead dreams to another day", I think this tour should be heralded as a big thank you for giving us the words we all live our lives  through.

3 night run at the same venue is different than 3 different stops a decade later

#18 ducats

ducats

Forum Star

• Forum Star
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

Very true; however, if we got to wait another 10 years to attend another show? I'd plan on seeing as many of these as possible. This is the source folks. Nobody has the depth and humanity of Hunter and for him to come all the way out of CA to play, let's show some serious support people. Everyone of these shows should be sold out, he is the creator of most of our literary journey through "dead dreams to another day", I think this tour should be heralded as a big thank you for giving us the words we all live our lives  through.

keep your day job............. :rofl:

#19 gr8fulpair

gr8fulpair

You ready?

• Contributor
  • 930 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

Caught Hunter at the first re-assembly of the remaining members at Alpine Valley on 02. While he was playing on stage (just after a big storm came thru) a rainbow formed over the stage and the crowd went crazy. Cool shit, that man is a saint.

.......going where the water taste like wine......

#20 Cosmic Mike

Cosmic Mike

Starhead

• Contributor
  • 298 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

There is a date change: 10/3 Lisner Aud- Washington, DC is now 10/3 The Palace - Stafford Springs, CT.

This sadly makes one less date for me, but I'll still be doing Port Chester at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users