Patty

Guest deadheadmike

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Micheal,

You guys remain in my prayers.....Stay strong .........Do what you can........When you can.........Give Patty a hug from us all !

P.S.- You were missed on Valentines day @ the local Hot Tuna show.......But you had your priorities exactly where they belonged......Family first & everything else seems to fall in place !

Peace,

Rob

• Forum MVP

Thanks for the kind words of support everyone ... it's been a tough week ... Patty is back on treatment Monday morning and for six months with one treatment a month ... we're told this will be a life long thing with long and short remissions in between ... short being what we just had- about 5 months , and long being- 2 to 3 years ... I'm sorry that I haven't been answering the phone but I'm starting to have a hard time with this and I need to collect my thoughts and see how things go for Patty after the first treatment on Monday ... I promise I'll call everyone back ... Rob , sorry that I couldn't make it to Hot Tuna on Monday night , hopefully things will be good next time around ... Thanks and Love from Patty and me !!!

Mike and Patty,

I know it has got to be a very trying time for you both, with good days, and not so good days. The power of love can, and does do wonders in the healing process, and I wish you the best in recovery and in life. May you find little things that cause you both to laugh, smile, and look forward to healthier days ahead !!! :)

Topher

• 8 months later...
  • Forum MVP

My wife Patty passed away last night after battling cancer for 2 years ... she decided to stop therapy about a month ago when she was told there would only be about a 20% chance that it would work and it would have been very aggressive chemo ... Patty passed in her sleep after about a week of strong pain medication , but she had her wits about her and told me on Friday that I wasn't that bad of a pain in the ass and she loved me and I told her that I loved her very much and I was sorry for being such a pain in the ass ... Patty was a remarkable , beautiful , loving person and I will miss and love her forever ...

Guest Sweet Jane

Mike, all my love to you and your family at this time. Be strong and you know where you can find some respite and some friends to see you through.

Archived