19 Broadway Setlist

Robin

Posting this from the car on ride home from an incredible special show!!!

Playin in the band

Althea

Let it grow

Welcome to the dance

Cassidy

Hey Jude

Lady with a fan/Terrapin

Help/Slip/Franklin's

Encore

Good lovin

JK made us proud!!!

• Forum MVP

Review from someone who was there...

"Bobby is Bobby. His eyes were piercingly blue and he seemed focused and upbeat. His guitar playing could hardly be called rhythm guitar, more like rhythmic shards, but it was weird in all the right spots and often played a fine counterpoint to John's playing.

Joe Russo is a beast and he and Phil are one the most simultaneously strong and flexible rhythm sections I've ever seen.

I could finally hear Jeff Chimente, which was a huge improvement. His solo in Let it Grow was one of the best things of the night.

This band is really improving and could continue to go to some "new" interesting places. The energy level alone makes it worth seeing. Furthur would lap the Dead at leat 10 times in a one mile race."

• Forum MVP
Review from someone who was there...

"Bobby is Bobby. His eyes were piercingly blue and he seemed focused and upbeat. His guitar playing could hardly be called rhythm guitar, more like rhythmic shards, but it was weird in all the right spots and often played a fine counterpoint to Jon's playing.

Joe Russo is a beast and he and Phil are one the most simultaneously strong and flexible rhythm sections I've ever seen.

I could finally hear Jeff Chimente, which was a huge improvement. His solo in Let it Grow was one of the best things of the night.

This band is really improving and could continue to go to some "new" interesting placed. The energy level alone makes it worth seeing. Furthur would lap the Dead at leat 10 times in a one mile race."

Several folks are conspicuous in their absence from any mention in the review. I am thinking of one guitarist in particular.

Just one question. Did JK sing the Garcia parts? I know that the playing was great, that is a given...

Dr. B B)

JK sang Althea. Bobby and John traded off verses on Hey Jude and Help. Phil sang Franklin's.

BTW there didn't seem to be too many obvious Starheads there, but my friends and I were dead center on the rail wearing DSO t-shirts! Hahaha!!!

Several folks are conspicuous in their absence from any mention in the review. I am thinking of one guitarist in particular.

John was awesome! He totally injects this band with understated finesse and deep soul energy. It did seem that the way the sound was set up his guitar was quieter, but that could have been due to where I was (front center).

• Forum MVP
Just one question. Did JK sing the Garcia parts? I know that the playing was great, that is a given...

Dr. B B)

We already know that they have given Althea to John and that Weir shares Terrapin and Help and Phil sings Franks.

There are already rules in place, believe it or not.

The one thing we don't know is which player is going to sing which Garcia ballad.

Here's my guess for some of them...

Stella: John

Dew: Weir/John

Peter: Weir

Standing: Weir/John

Rat: Phil/John

Doll: Weir/John

Mountains: Phil

We already know that they have given Althea to John and that Weir shares Terrapin and Help and Phil sings Franks.

There are already rules in place, believe it or not.

The one thing we don't know is which player is going to sing which Garcia ballad.

Here's my guess for some of them...

Stella: John

Dew: Weir/John

Peter: Weir

Standing: Weir/John

Rat: Phil/John

Doll: Weir/John

Mountains: Phil

I'll add two more:

Days Between: Phil

Lazy River Road: John

I think Days Between will be Phil/Weir/John...

They really should have this in Vegas.

Here's one more of the last great Jerry ballads: So Many Roads

I would certainly rather hear John do this one by himself, but it could very well be the three man effort you predict for Days Between.

• Forum MVP
You're probably just be messing with me Chuck but I was talking about betting odds on the Garcia Ballad question...

That too...Teacher Matt or I will see what the line is at the Orlean's book. I'll get a couple of parlay tics for ya...

Welcome to the Dance...

uncle johns band type jam in the middle..

Geez--talkers even in a small club like this!

You would think if you stood out in the rain for hours to see these guys in a small club, you would really be interested in hearing the music--not yapping away with your friends. I have never understood this phenomena, but it really sucks. :angry:

Guest Mind Of A Squirrel

I dunno Chuck, this line mentions John, and almost makes it sound as if Bobby is merely there in a support role for 'THE MAN':

"often played a fine counterpoint to Jon's playing"

By the way, a whole winter tour is posted on the furthur site now... One show 20 minutes from my door! yeehaw.

• Forum MVP
I dunno Chuck, this line mentions John, and almost makes it sound as if Bobby is merely there in a support role for 'THE MAN':

"often played a fine counterpoint to Jon's playing"

By the way, a whole winter tour is posted on the furthur site now... One show 20 minutes from my door! yeehaw.

True that. I was thinking more in terms of vocals, as in them unleashing him. But this is a work in progress and the February dates are interesting...so my love/hate relationship with all things related to air travel will continue.

• Forum MVP
Geez--talkers even in a small club like this!

You would think if you stood out in the rain for hours to see these guys in a small club, you would really be interested in hearing the music--not yapping away with your friends. I have never understood this phenomena, but it really sucks. :angry:

Talking at shows is the worst! but here, I didn't notice it much in this clip. Seems like everyone was focused on the music and dancing. Really like the jam in this song, it's awesome that Phil is still writing and being able to perform new songs. Must be cool for John to be playing a brand new song Phil wrote that hasn't been played in another band.

Around 6:15 they went into a different groove in a split second... this is a good sign, this band is only going to be better.

Talking at shows is the worst! but here, I didn't notice it much in this clip. Seems like everyone was focused on the music and dancing. Really like the jam in this song, it's awesome that Phil is still writing and being able to perform new songs. Must be cool for John to be playing a brand new song Phil wrote that hasn't been played in another band.

Around 6:15 they went into a different groove in a split second... this is a good sign, this band is only going to be better.

One more thing. We'd all heard that Bobby had to end at 10:30-10:45 to get to Mark Karan's album release party. A friend was at that show and says this,

"The kicker is Bobby showed up and played for a half hour around Midnight. They did a nice Sugaree, an inspired Hey Pocky Way, and then Dylan's Tonight I'll Be Staying Here with You-> Lovelight."

Sounds fun!!!

Guest crazy digits

Lets just pray for Althea when we see furthur shows....Maybe they'll do it every night like 1980...to give JK a shot at singing....we can only hope.. ;)

BTW, I agree that this will be the best post GD band with members of the original GD....I am really looking forward to seeing JK in this band...I finally have wrapped my noggin around this concept..

• Forum MVP
Lets just pray for Althea when we see furthur shows....Maybe they'll do it every night like 1980...to give JK a shot at singing....we can only hope.. ;)

I was thinking the same thing.

Or they could also give him Loser, Deal, Row Jimmy, Candyman, Peggy-o and Duprees and just rotate one of those every show.

I don't even think they would think that was pushing it.

Archived