Buffalo

found

I'm with you on the former but not so much on the latter--but I get the need to figure out one's priorities.

I'm just not that good with decisions.

Happy trails buddy--hope to see you out on my coast at some point down the line.

I'm with you David...but I would love to be proven wrong/surprised if indeed the flame is gradually passed on with grace as Furthur moves forward...I have so much love for the music that I'm certainly willing to be present and accounted for...on either side of the hill...I'm glad you made it to these shows..

Jon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

so much fun..great show! loved the song selections! loved dancing with everyone up front.. thanks are in order to the wall of steves!! i was surrounded by starheads on all sides for a good portion of the 2nd set.. i saw the wall-o-steves behind me literally squeeze together to physically block this annoying cougar's passage..

oh and a friendly tip for dealing with police officers at the hotel who are investigating your violation of the hotel's smoking policy: blame canadians.

• Advisory Board
squeeze together to physically block this annoying cougar's passage..

I was about ready to choke a bitch.... she was loudly talking during JK's Lazy River Road, and then spilled half her drink down my back.... I tried to "Santa Cruz Dance" near her in hoes that she got the shits of getting the hell beat out of her, but she was obviously not getting the hint...

Words cannot express the fun I had at these shows. The band played very good at Rochester but Buffalo would have blown my socks off if I wore them. If I can find someting extra special in a completely special show it would be Hurts Me Too, How Sweet It Is, Lovelight - sweet as can be. Good Luck John with Furthur adventures and THANK YOU DSO for all that you do.

It was a very special night. The wife and I had a great time. It was great meeting some of the local tapers and I hope us Pittsburgh folk didn't interfer with your good times! We had a great and inexpensive (relatively) hotel room in the Comfort Suites. Grabbed a great meal at the Buffalo Chophouse pregame, was a bit tippsy from the wine! Got into the venue early and began setting up. We tried setting up the recording gear on the floor, but security wasn't having it. I even tried a few Jedi tricks to convince the guy, but it didn't happen. He was really nice though as well as the rest of the venue staff. i loved that the bathrooms were not crowded and drinks were easy to get. That doesn't happen in a few of our local venues. Taping from the back of the venue turned out ok, it at least provided a good bit of room to dance. There was some testorerone driven tool behind us that kept yelling "Turn it up!" We had a few laughs at his expense. Get a hearing aid buddy!

The show started off strong, can't complain about Aiko. The Bucket was nice, loved hearing the midi/synth guitar. The Jack Straw had me in the zone, good fun. lazy river Road was a great treat. I was suprised that the crowd treated the song more like setbreak than something they should be paying attention to. I admit I was talking more than I should have as well. It felt like a reunion of sorts. It wasn't annoying drunk people, just folks enjoying the moment...

Easy Wind was played very well, perhaps the highlight of the set. Me and My Uncle and Big River were played well and typical of a first set. Nothing to complain about there... Waiting for a Miricle was a great treat. Everyone was having a fine time! Easu was a real treat. I have heard DSO play this a few times and was really happy to get this one more time. Deal was a solid ending to a fine set. The energy was strong, x factor there and the place was bouncin! Got to enjoy some conversation and drinks at SetBreak.

Set 2 started of with One More Saturday Night, how fitting! Well played. Scarlet got me quite excited, I was ready for lift off and this got the ship sailing. A suprising transition into WRS. I couldn't complain. The let it Grow was strong and the jam was intense. Listen carefully and you may hear what sounds damn similar to Phish's First Tube. John was teasing a riff that was damn similar! They didn't forget about Fire on the Mountain! Good stuff! The drumz were ok, more time to bullshit with friends. The Hurst Me Too was a great change and the vocals from Lisa were fantastic! How Sweet it Is and Lovelight were also well played. boy am I gonna miss John! When they came back out and started Brokedown I was thrilled. What a delicate and moving tune. John really delivered. Unfortunatly the fire alarm was a buzz kill, but it really didn't matter. The night coulnd't be ruined by that damn buzzer.

Thanks DSO for such a fun ride, the memories I won't forget. good luck to John and the rest of DSO. I am not sure I will be catching any DSO or Furthur shows, but I am sure it is my loss... Great times, much love!

I'm glad someone mentioned that! I remember when I heard that I turned around to my friends and said 'Is John really gonna rip some First Tube right now?'. A really great moment in a show filled with great moments.

• Forum MVP
so much fun..great show! loved the song selections! loved dancing with everyone up front.. thanks are in order to the wall of steves!! i was surrounded by starheads on all sides for a good portion of the 2nd set.. i saw the wall-o-steves behind me literally squeeze together to physically block this annoying cougar's passage..

oh and a friendly tip for dealing with police officers at the hotel who are investigating your violation of the hotel's smoking policy: blame canadians.

Yep!

blame-canada.jpg

Did anyone see if the cougar had a she-cub?

Archived