..furthur Thread..

VincentPuleo

• Forum MVP
haha thanks..

I thought Looks Like Rain was nice... we can complain about Bob singing certain songs but I think its going a little to far to complain about how he signs on his own songs. If Jerry was still on earth and playing I'm positive certain things about his playing would change, for better or for worse.

I suppose you are right, although these days I will take Eaton singing Weir tunes over BW every time. I'm just not into the lounge act thing Weir is flirting with.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
I suppose you are right, although these days I will take Eaton singing Weir tunes over BW every time. I'm just not into the lounge act thing Weir is flirting with.

Eaton's approach is Bob weir circa 65-95 so I totally understand that. I don't think Bob is consciously changing anything about his singing it's just naturally become that way.

Refreshing to see that they went into Fire, was redeemed by John singing solo.

other one is nutty

2009-12-08

Hammerstein Ballroom

New York, NY

Set 1: (8:25-9:29)

Jam >

Truckin' >

Dire Wolf (JK)

Doin' That Rag (JK)

Ramble On Rose (BW&JK)

Reuben & Cerise > (JK)

Looks Like Rain

Cosmic Charlie

Set 2:

King Solomans Marbles

Hes Gone

New Potato Caboose

The Other One

Days Between

Scarlet Begonias>

Fire On The Mountain

Cold Rain and Snow

Donor Rap

Encore:

Touch of Grey

2009-12-08

Hammerstein Ballroom

New York, NY

Jam >

Truckin' >

Dire Wolf (JK)

Doin' That Rag (JK)

Ramble On Rose (BW&JK)

Reuben & Cerise > (JK)

Looks Like Rain

Cosmic Charlie

Set 2:

King Solomans Marbles

Hes Gone

New Potato Caboose

The Other One

Days Between

Scarlet Begonias>

Fire On The Mountain

Cold Rain and Snow

Donor Rap

Encore:

Touch of Grey

Thanks!!

• Forum MVP

Furthur

2009-12-08

Hammerstein Ballroom

New York, NY

Jam >

Truckin' >

Jam >

Dire Wolf (JK)

Doin' That Rag (JK)

Ramble On Rose (BW&JK)

Reuben & Cerise > (JK)

Looks Like Rain

Cosmic Charlie (PL&BW)

Set: 2 (10:06)

Drums >

King Solomon's Marbles >

He's Gone > (JK&BW)

Jam >

New Potato Caboose >

Jam >

The Other One >

Days Between > (BW)

Scarlet Begonias > (BW&JK)

Fire On The Mountain (JK)

Cold Rain & Snow (JK&BW)

Encore: Donor Rap

Touch of Grey (BW&JK)

Guest crazy digits

gd radio ( on my end ) started 2nd set with other one which rambled in and out of several tunes to include playin and other craziness....however set list you're posting doesn't say that?

• Forum MVP

gdradio hasn't started the second set yet

but they will shortly

hang in there

check in your whats playing widget and see it's like 1989 dead right now while the kind taper uploads set 2

gd radio ( on my end ) started 2nd set with other one which rambled in and out of several tunes to include playin and other craziness....however set list you're posting doesn't say that?

weather, the announcer said they'd be plaing those jams until they returned with the 2nd set. i think from fritz's previous post that there will be more than a normal intermission delay.

Guest crazy digits
weather, the announcer said they'd be plaing those jams until they returned with the 2nd set. i think from fritz's previous post that there will be more than a normal intermission delay.

i dont get out much thanks.

• Forum MVP

Bobby takes the first Ballad all by himself.

I don't think anyone can complain though...given that John did a Rag and Rueben in the first.

But I think the ballad thing will be the most interesting--I know that if they give John the Dew, the whole country will breathe a collective sigh of relief.

The entire nation.

Guest deadheadmike
i'm starting to think the show may be back on the road. the boys are trusting john a lot sooner than i expected. he even did some audacious tonight. once they let him take over the jerry vocals, watch out. when i saw those ticket prices i thought they were going for the sprint instead of the marathon. they were a lot furthur down the track than i knew. good times ahead.

:)

• Forum MVP

Official scorer's correction after the game...John sang the Scarlet....which means they gave him the Scarlet>Fire

I think that makes it 3 in the last week for him.

Furthur

2009-12-08

Hammerstein Ballroom

New York, NY

Jam >

Truckin' >

Jam >

Dire Wolf (JK)

Doin' That Rag (JK)

Ramble On Rose (BW&JK)

Reuben & Cerise > (JK)

Looks Like Rain

Cosmic Charlie (PL&BW)

Drums >

King Solomon's Marbles >

He's Gone > (JK&BW)

Jam >

New Potato Caboose >

Jam >

The Other One >

Days Between > (BW)

Scarlet Begonias > (JK)

Cold Rain & Snow (JK&BW)

Touch of Grey (BW&JK)

• Forum MVP

Just got back from the show. Completely blew my mind apart. I thought they gave JK a lot of vocals and worked and flowed together really nice. Everyone was clicking, great vibes, and awesome song selection. I'll post a more in depth review in the morning but am beat now. Night all.

Just got back from the show. Completely blew my mind apart. I thought they gave JK a lot of vocals and worked and flowed together really nice. Everyone was clicking, great vibes, and awesome song selection. I'll post a more in depth review in the morning but am beat now. Night all.
Show was very good BW should sing what he sings and let john sing what Jerry sang all and all very good.The tix price outside was nuts .NICE to see JK have fun and do what he does with a great sound system.I say just let JK let it rip .

Show was very good BW should sing what he sings and let john sing what Jerry sang all and all very good.The tix price outside was nuts .NICE to see JK have fun and do what he does with a great sound system.I say just let JK let it rip .

• Forum MVP
Official scorer's correction after the game...John sang the Scarlet....which means they gave him the Scarlet>Fire

I think that makes it 3 in the last week for him.

Furthur

2009-12-08

Hammerstein Ballroom

New York, NY

Jam >

Truckin' >

Jam >

Dire Wolf (JK)

Doin' That Rag (JK)

Ramble On Rose (BW&JK)

Reuben & Cerise > (JK)

Looks Like Rain

Cosmic Charlie (PL&BW)

Drums >

King Solomon's Marbles >

He's Gone > (JK&BW)

Jam >

New Potato Caboose >

Jam >

The Other One >

Days Between > (BW)

Scarlet Begonias > (JK)

Cold Rain & Snow (JK&BW)

Touch of Grey (BW&JK)

awesome show for JK for sure! Happy they gave John quite a bit of spotlight! Hope someone uploads the show recording!

God bless JK! Ruben and Cherise was absolutely the bomb! Love it!!! That is so cool they gave him Scarlet>Fire too!

Bobby takes the first Ballad all by himself.

I don't think anyone can complain though...given that John did a Rag and Rueben in the first.

But I think the ballad thing will be the most interesting--I know that if they give John the Dew, the whole country will breathe a collective sigh of relief.

The entire nation.

The energy level was high on the stage-everyone was noticable having a blast!

Great song selections.... set 1)JK impressive on Dire Wolf/Doin that Rag/Reuben & Cherise!

set 2)Drums >King Solomans Marbles strong start, Impressive Other One(hinted @ going a lot of cool places,first notes of Days Between sounded sweet, then Bobby strode to the mic & let all the energy slip away as he started singing!

Scarlet>Fire kinda explained why Bobby got the Days vocals-but still left some of us wondering !

In Bobbys defense Looks like Rain & Cold Rain & Snow both very sweet!

*Anyone going tonight-Be prepared the Hammerstien still over sells tickets....It will be jammed on the floor!

Tix outside venue going for 150$

Peace,

Rob

Archived