Furthur - Wallingford, Ct

ThinMan

Guest Mind Of A Squirrel
Where's the CT recording? I saw one guy dismantling his rig, but I didn't speak w/ him. Wish I had. I really hope this surfaces. Need to hear it again!!

Our theory is that the taping section was in such a horrible spot, that nobody got a good pull, and ended up with mud and crowd noise... Glad I shelled-out the $25 for the boards. They sound great too...

Hopefully somebody is working on a nice FOB or something to put up soon. Can't imagine this show will stay MIA for long.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our theory is that the taping section was in such a horrible spot, that nobody got a good pull, and ended up with mud and crowd noise... Glad I shelled-out the $25 for the boards. They sound great too...

Hopefully somebody is working on a nice FOB or something to put up soon. Can't imagine this show will stay MIA for long.

How does one get the boards. I'll gladly pay the $25.00...

Guest Mind Of A Squirrel
Where they selling them right after the show?? Gonna be pissed if I missed that!

Yeah- they had them at the show, but they claim they will be offering them on the Furthur website. Assume that will happen when they get the time to actually do it...

After giving this show a thorough listen... This show rips! Best of tour from what I've heard...I wanna say by a mile but night 2 AP is really good too...But this show is a throwback in my book to some very good times...Aside from Phil singing the SFields (it's hard because I know this song is so well suited for JK's voice) that second set is REALLY beautiful! John is on extreme fire throughout...Some of the best playing I've ever heard from him...Bobby has been sounding incredibly vibrant vocally...How bout that scream in the throwback Stephen? If someone managed to not walk away from this one grinning ear to ear then it may be time to try a different avenue of entertainment...it is available BTW on live DLoads as all the shows are now..

• Forum MVP

Was at the show with my dad... it was quite amazing. Moments of transcendence hit during China Cat and Dark Star and even as quick as Shakedown Street.

I cannot not describe how perfect the placement of Strawberry Fields was, Phil's vocals were inspiring. This was especially a spot where John looked to be in heaven.

I will say this though, the show needed a ballad. After a seriously exploratory Dark Star going right into St. Stephen>Eleven>Not Fade Away, Going Down The Road Feeling Bad.. a ballad would have added balance to the journey.

After giving this show a thorough listen... This show rips! Best of tour from what I've heard...I wanna say by a mile but night 2 AP is really good too...But this show is a throwback in my book to some very good times...Aside from Phil singing the SFields (it's hard because I know this song is so well suited for JK's voice) that second set is REALLY beautiful! John is on extreme fire throughout...Some of the best playing I've ever heard from him...Bobby has been sounding incredibly vibrant vocally...How bout that scream in the throwback Stephen? If someone managed to not walk away from this one grinning ear to ear then it may be time to try a different avenue of entertainment...it is available BTW on live DLoads as all the shows are now..

Well you've done it...You have brought me back to the boards...i have time and time again, been scared away from posting. At this point I feel I am notorious for being pleased by the beauty of the music I love. Good review of your listening Jon. I love it too. I am thankful to say that I have seen all the furthur shows and everyone tops the last. As far as a review...i need not since most people know what i have to say. All i got to add, is if your on the fence for one reason or the other....GO.

• Forum MVP
Well you've done it...You have brought me back to the boards...i have time and time again, been scared away from posting. At this point I feel I am notorious for being pleased by the beauty of the music I love. Good review of your listening Jon. I love it too. I am thankful to say that I have seen all the furthur shows and everyone tops the last. As far as a review...i need not since most people know what i have to say. All i got to add, is if your on the fence for one reason or the other....GO.

Welcome back, brother! And happy hippie holidays!

Archived