• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mind Of A Squirrel
Passenger>

Greatest Story Ever Told

FOTD (BW, PL)

Brown-Eyed Woman (JK)

Update, or prediction? I'm curious, especially since the last BEW was a shared vocal between the three...

• Forum MVP

I am not sure if it was shared...

Passenger>

Greatest Story Ever Told

FOTD (BW, PL)

Brown-Eyed Woman (JK)

Peggy-O (PL)

a little bummed to have missed Peggy-O... a favorite of mine, I like Phil singing it too. Although I can't imagine one with John singing it next to Phil and Bob.. that would be a recipe for transcendence.

Phil sang Peggy-O?

JK absolutely nails that song on vocals. I'll have to listen to this to make a definitive statement, but I'm pretty damn sure that hearing Phil woof his way through this beautiful song will be vastly inferior. I suppose this who-sings-what debate is getting old, but I just don't get these decisions.

Guest crazy digits
Phil sang Peggy-O?

JK absolutely nails that song on vocals. I'll have to listen to this to make a definitive statement, but I'm pretty damn sure that hearing Phil woof his way through this beautiful song will be vastly inferior. I suppose this who-sings-what debate is getting old, but I just don't get these decisions.

I know I have been a little harsh..but, phil must have a little ego thing to sing peggio....thats like dick butkis playing QB

I know I have been a little harsh..but, phil must have a little ego thing to sing peggio....thats like dick butkis playing QB

I'm trying to be more positive here, but things like this just don't make sense. What's will they do next--Comes A Time with Phil and Bobby alternating verses?

Guest crazy digits
Did you guys not Read the ticket Phil Lesh & Bob Weir with Jeff, John Jay, & Joe ...for now..

you were right about the sat nite > except jk sang ;) it

Did you guys not Read the ticket Phil Lesh & Bob Weir with Jeff, John Jay, & Joe ...for now..

Sure, it's Phil and Bob's band (probably really Phil's band) and they can do whatever the hell they want. Doesn't mean it will sound good.

I just feel that if they went to the effort of getting JK to leave DSO to play in their band, they should use him to the best of his abilities. I don't thing anyone here can say with a straight fact that Phil is a better vocalist than JK on a song like Peggy-O.

• Forum MVP

Of course not, Phil would probably tell you that himself. I am still believe in the notion that it is emotion and feelings of closeness to these songs no matter how musically wrong it is. We all have a connection to them as well of course but it's Phil and Bobby.

Passenger>

Greatest Story Ever Told

FOTD (BW, PL)

Brown-Eyed Woman (JK, BW, PL)

Peggy-O (PL)

Ship Of Fools (JK)

One More Saturday Night

Playing In The Band

• Forum MVP
Of course not, Phil would probably tell you that himself. I am still believe in the notion that it is emotion and feelings of closeness to these songs no matter how musically wrong it is. We all have a connection them as well of course but it's Phil and Bobby.

Thanks a lot for the updates Vincent!

Also consider this for a moment.... you are much more able and better equipped to not be bothered by Phil or Bobby singing Garcia stuff because for some of it, that's probably how you were introduced to the material, (that could be a reason why you can love Weir singing China Cat for example), but more importantly, you did not have years and years of hearing those songs sung by Garcia. So consider yourself lucky in a way but also hear the complaints with a grain of salt and remember that your perspective might be different if you had seen Garcia sing these songs for years.

Just something to think about when you have to hear all the complaining because I'm sure, to someone like you, it could get really annoying (it is to lots of others too!). It's not like I think you don't get this cause you most likely do, but it's something to keep in mind nonetheless.

And thanks again for the lists and the lists done the right way.

• Forum VIP

No its been kept with his Furthur gear....this is only guess he played a guitar in Oakland i Know that he was testing new electronic on and it maybe the sameone...he has a new speaker cabinet with a steal your face on it that I have never seen him use also...Althea Again...love it but 2nd set...where is the High time or He's Gone...ah Phil said no

Archived