Asbury Night One...

VincentPuleo

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mind Of A Squirrel
Gloria ...nice finish

Is that the encore? All done?

Nice to see that Rider wrap-up what they started last night.

Hoping the tapers get things out quick. Nobody has put last night up yet...

• Forum MVP

Passenger>

Greatest Story Ever Told

FOTD (BW, PL)

Brown-Eyed Woman (JK, BW, PL)

Peggy-O (PL)

Ship Of Fools (JK)

OMSN

Playing In The Band

Althea (JK)

New Speedway Boogie (BW)

Wharf Rat (JK)

Golden Road

Cassidy

Viola Lee Blues

I Know You Rider

cannot wait to hear that..

• Forum MVP

Jesus Bob, a Satisfaction AND Gloria?

What's the hurry here?

Kind of like giving it away on the first date, isn't it?

One thing I guarantee is that he won't be singing either of those tunes at the Civic Center.

The East coast just brings that out in him I guess.

one of my sources said JK took the show by the throat and KILLED it... BIG hug from Phillip afterwords

Talking about giving it away...Phil's been kind of slutty with the hugs to John this whole tour.

David,

Very well stated point....I know for myself it's just too painful to listen to a Jerry song done poorly by (BW/PL) when JK would deliver it in a style that would make Jerry smile! .......Gotta get over it or get off the bus,this shit is killing me!

Peace,

Rob

For what it's worth, I was there (thanks, Rob!) and Phil's Peggy-O was really good. Let me repeat that - Phil's Peggy-O was really good - better than I and many on this board (evidently) would have expected. Tonight's show was incredible and JK totally cut loose in the 2nd set. The Althea was smokin and his solos in New Speedway carried the crowd away.

• Forum MVP

This looked like a really great show, really settling into the groove.

Looks like a Help on the Way>Slipknot>Franklins tomorrow perhaps??? unless they do some new funky arrangement of songs.

i can just picture the set list tomorrow already actually

What about the Wharf Rat?

The Wharf Rat was freaking awesome! There were about 8-10 tapers there so I am looking forward to hearing it again.

By the end of the night, JK was literally jumping for joy during songs. He was so ON and any hesitancy he may have had earlier was completely gone. JK soared tonight.

For what it's worth, I was there (thanks, Rob!) and Phil's Peggy-O was really good. Let me repeat that - Phil's Peggy-O was really good - better than I and many on this board (evidently) would have expected. Tonight's show was incredible and JK totally cut loose in the 2nd set. The Althea was smokin and his solos in New Speedway carried the crowd away.

Scott-It was nice to met you & your family Sat. afternoon! Glad the tix got put to good use.

Glad to hear the show was smokin' & worth the long trip to NJ!

Hope to catch up with you guys tonight in Asbury.

I'll have to give that Peggy-O a listen,once I find the show on Archives.

Peace,

Rob

ah, has he played it in DSO?

That guitar (I'm purty sure) is a Timeless timber guitar out of WI. They take old lake superior logs that are 500 years old and make guitars and drums out of them. He got two new timeless timber guitars for the Furthur gigs (i believe gifted to him? for the time being or for keeps?)

I cant keep up with these furthur threads. It must take some of you hours to read all of this

Guest deadheadmike

The music played the band last night ... even Phil's Peggy O had a special feeling to it that I enjoyed very much ... this band is going Furthur !!!

The Wharf Rat was freaking awesome! There were about 8-10 tapers there so I am looking forward to hearing it again.

By the end of the night, JK was literally jumping for joy during songs. He was so ON and any hesitancy he may have had earlier was completely gone. JK soared tonight.

Hell yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoc50#p/a/u/1/Y_NWyO0efOo

• Forum MVP

wow.... just wow.

That is what I am talking about. Phil & Bob had to be in heaven. As well as John. So bummed this couldn't have come a night earlier but grateful for friends who were there and being able to watch this.. Cannot wait until this shows up on archive.

neutrino, based on this picture the vocals were decided before the show. Maybe Bob just forgot, also interesting how they put a (B) next to Cassidy...

480839.jpg

Show is up on etree.org, just listened to it.......my opinion FAR AND AWAY the best Furthur show as of yet.....JK just absolutely is on fire all night long (along with everyone else!!) 2nd set was absolutely fantastic, chills running through body all afternoon listening. Hopefully a sign of things to come -

• Forum MVP
Show is up on etree.org, just listened to it.......my opinion FAR AND AWAY the best Furthur show as of yet.....JK just absolutely is on fire all night long (along with everyone else!!) 2nd set was absolutely fantastic, chills running through body all afternoon listening. Hopefully a sign of things to come -

Who sang Golden Road????

JK hates that song...

Archived