Why Oh Why ?

Anthony

:blink::rolleyes:

My only question is why can I get full setlists and sound streams to furthur on Dark STARS site ? I can almost understand the video and audio stream, but why can't WE get a setlist as it is happening with OUR beloved Dark STAR ? I appreciate the link as I am listening now , but you understand, dont you ?? Oh shit who asked me anyway ? Nothing but love all. Happy new year and the BEST ALWAYS.

Anth :) :) :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only question is why can I get full setlists and sound streams to furthur on Dark STARS site ? I can almost understand the video and audio stream, but why can't WE get a setlist as it is happening with OUR beloved Dark STAR ? I appreciate the link as I am listening now , but you understand, dont you ?? Oh shit who asked me anyway ? Nothing but love all. Happy new year and the BEST ALWAYS.

I was @ DSO NYE show & call me selfish if you like, but I just couldn't stop focusing of the music long enough to post setlist @ the end of each set!

It was a very intense performance, and it would have been a distraction to type setlist & send it out during the breaks (which were used to rest/regroup & chat with friends @ the show!)

Just being honest on the East Coast,

Rob

:dsorocks:

As the "new kid in town" i'm not sure its my place to throw fuel on the fire, but the lack of responses demands someone address this situation. We all have excuses for not updating the setlist while at a show, but your fellow forumers don't have a problem updating another bands show on the DARK STAR website. Maybe a veteran forum goer could try and assemble a system where fans attending a show would volunteer to update the forum? It does seem strange that DSO FANS seem not to care that this forum is not getting updates. Who's forum is this anyway?

• Forum MVP
I wonder what everyone did back in the day with the grateful dead when there was no internet or cell phones

yea really, who the fuck cares? Like someone previously said, I was enjoying the music and dancing too much to disengage myself and post updates(nor did I even carry my cell phone...)

that being said, I really don't care what furthur is playing and I certainly don't need song by song updates. my two cents.

• Forum MVP
I wonder what everyone did back in the day with the grateful dead when there was no internet or cell phones

We got it from friends via pay phones, or the 1-800-usa-dead guy or Dupree Diamond News.

I don't find it distracting but centering and calming to write down the list during the breaks--when I remember to.

• Forum MVP
but your fellow forumers don't have a problem updating another bands show on the DARK STAR website.

It's not hard to go to Phil zone or Org or a dozen other sites and paste and copy the list onto this site.

The GD brings out the masses, if you haven't noticed, and the lists from those guys are instantaneous---so were the live feeds till they pulled a Rerun on him.

One of the wonderful things about seeing DSO was how relatively easy it was (but getting harder all the time).

It's one of the really nice things about these rehearsal shows--not having to deal with the masses.

The masses generally suck.

• Forum MVP
We got it from friends via pay phones, or the 1-800-usa-dead guy or Dupree Diamond News.

I don't find it distracting but centering and calming to write down the list during the breaks--when I remember to.

I wish I had every d.d.news that I had back then ,I'd check em out then throw em away.

Looks like there are at least 3 people that like updates! As for blue dylan, take it on down the road and keep spinning, we will expect nothing from you.

So much love in this little place we all call our internet Home!

Other than the point ARCH seems to be making about there being lots of Furthur info on DSO Forums-This thread has become nonsense!

:dsorocks:

FWIW-I always post the DSO setlist when I get home,if not yet posted here! I personally would go to the PhilZone to post any Furthur setlist(if I was inclined to do that)!

I arrived home on 1/2/10 in the evening & saw list already posted!

I find it much more enjoyable to catch more than a handful of shows, then I don't have so much time for nit-picking !

I'd rather discuss how Jeff blew my mind during Viola Lee Blues ! :wacko:

Peace,

Rob

Guest deadheadmike
More than happy to update the 10 or so shows I see a year. As for the nomination, should probably leave it to the forum masters.

I had a meeting with the forum masters , they said your on , 10 or so shows a year , you post the set list ;) ... but we have to talk about this reply " As for blue dylan, take it on down the road and keep spinning, we will expect nothing from you " ... not a very good first impression in that post , although better than a few of my first post and maybe some of my recent post :huh: ... Take it easy and support the forum in a friendly way because we're all friends here and I mean that literally ... most of us here have sat down to a pre DSO show dinner together somewhere across the country and you're welcome to join in the fun ... Welcome To The Forum !!!

I had a meeting with the forum masters , they said your on , 10 or so shows a year , you post the set list ;) ... but we have to talk about this reply " As for blue dylan, take it on down the road and keep spinning, we will expect nothing from you " ... not a very good first impression in that post , although better than a few of my first post and maybe some of my recent post :huh: ... Take it easy and support the forum in a friendly way because we're all friends here and I mean that literally ... most of us here have sat down to a pre DSO show dinner somewhere across the country together and you're welcome to join in the fun ... Welcome To The Forum !!!

Sorry to disrupt the order. Was just trying to help one of your senior members (anthony) out with his question (that seems very valid to me) that got no replies from the forum. As for my post to Blue Dylan, I guess his post is the impression that is tolerated. Much thanks for your blessing and look forward to adding some color to your forum.

I really agree with rob , when we all are travling enjoying life ,music and friends I don't run back to the hotel and post a setlist , thats just me .ITS a new year and we all have alot to be GRATEFUL for with the shows we are going to get this year so please sit back and enjoy the ride.I was to over whelmed with what went on over the new years run with DSO , IT WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD CRAZY ,GREAT .It,s so nice to be part of this forum life is to short to sweat the small shit, Hope all you folks out west are having fun i know us people out east are having a blast. Peace Dave

:) :) ( I'll tell you whatta im gonna do . I'll TAKE A MELODY , and C , what I can do about it ) :D :D

Well I have been called so many things before , and daily usually , but SENIOR has not been one of em . Thanks Arch you made my day ! :lol: Really didn't want to create any of this or anything at all . It's just that I look forward to seeing what DSO plays everyday they are doing it . Maybe I was being a bit impatient on New Years cause I really wanted to be there and I just KNOW what Jeff can do with an acoustic guitar , and shit any old guitar . I am so happy for him and OUR DSO . It seems like we could be onto something here : ) Everyone here is really grate about getting the setlists up FAST . I am not one of them , so please don't take it the wrong way . Missed you all too : ) The best in the NEW ONE all . I mean it !

A

• Forum MVP
:) :) ( I'll tell you whatta im gonna do . I'll TAKE A MELODY , and C , what I can do about it ) :D :D

Well I have been called so many things before , and daily usually , but SENIOR has not been one of em . Thanks Arch you made my day ! :lol: Really didn't want to create any of this or anything at all . It's just that I look forward to seeing what DSO plays everyday they are doing it . Maybe I was being a bit impatient on New Years cause I really wanted to be there and I just KNOW what Jeff can do with an acoustic guitar , and shit any old guitar . I am so happy for him and OUR DSO . It seems like we could be onto something here : ) Everyone here is really grate about getting the setlists up FAST . I am not one of them , so please don't take it the wrong way . Missed you all too : ) The best in the NEW ONE all . I mean it !

A

Expecting live updates seems a little too much to ask in my opinion unless you've coordinated it with someone going to the show before hand. My opinion on this is the same for DSO, Furthur, or any other band we happen to see or discuss. The music is too powerful to waste time with electronic gadgets. Even set break time is precious to see, hug, and share love with the friends that did make it to the show. I do think it is okay to reasonably expect someone to try and produce a set list within 24 hrs of when the show took place assuming a member of the forum was there. That would still exceed the rate at which DSO provides set list updates. If you really really have to know the set lists as it is taking place, you wouldn't being sitting in front of a computer; you would be at the show. And yes, I know that family, work, etc can be a higher priority in one's life than seeing DSO or any concert for that matter. However, not being at the show leaves you at the whim of those that were to find out the set list. Not all of us rush to a computer after the show. I prefer the bar.... Just my 2 cents. I try to post the set lists to shows I have been too and no one posted by morning about. Once or twice, I got a list up before Chuck or Lisa.

I'm sure that "back in the day" is not a phrase that you want to hear.............BUT....I, IF I was prepared, would actually have in the back pocket of my jeans an index card and a short pencil. I would try my hardest to write down each song and additional snipets that I heard. This was IF I was organized. Other times we'd be grabbing parts of old mail envelopes from somebody's car floor and stuffing THOSE in our pockets to write down the set list.....

It's been a while since I've gone through my Dead book, but some well known songs NOW were recorded then as: When the Saints go Marching In and Shadow boxing the Apocolypse. Not sure what else I have.

And then we would wait. And after that we'd wait until we knew someone who knew more than we did and ask them what the REAL name of the song was. And you know, it was all good.

I'm not so happy when I see people frantically typing into their phones during a show now. It's a distraction to those of us who are in another place that would be extra cool void of the electronics, but I understand. It's all very different now.

Archived