Why Oh Why ?

Anthony

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I guess we all get it now. Time is precious! A minute or two, maybe five (while the music's not playing), is to beloved to waste on a request from a brother that enjoys getting updates when he can't get to the show. And we're not the only ones. Check out the numerous requests in DSO Reviews (rochester thread comes to mind).

Its fine that some of you are so engrossed in the music/scene that you can't/don't want to update a friend. It's your right to do what you want! Seems shallow to me but thats neither here nor there. I hope one day that if there is some sort of system of realtime updates that YOU will benefit one night when you can't make it to the show!

I will gladly tell this forum when i am going to a show and if we can make it happen.....great!

Tranquility to you all

Guest deadheadmike
Well I guess we all get it now. Time is precious! A minute or two, maybe five (while the music's not playing), is to beloved to waste on a request from a brother that enjoys getting updates when he can't get to the show. And we're not the only ones. Check out the numerous requests in DSO Reviews (rochester thread comes to mind).

Its fine that some of you are so engrossed in the music/scene that you can't/don't want to update a friend. It's your right to do what you want! Seems shallow to me but thats neither here nor there. I hope one day that if there is some sort of system of realtime updates that YOU will benefit one night when you can't make it to the show!

I will gladly tell this forum when i am going to a show and if we can make it happen.....great!

Tranquility to you all

your stuck on this subject ... take a few of these , you'll feel better .

68007d1240802426-upload-test-dr-phil-fam_midol_max_strength_caple-5300.jpg

Tranquility to you all

just 'cuz i like updates doesn't mean i would go to this length to call anyone selfish for not having the werewithall, DURING the experience of BEing at a show, to feel obligated to post a said update...obviously, it will be available within 24-36 hours of the show, for there are plenty folks who take it upon themselves to so publish said review...i tend to, regardless of state of mind, remember any setlist of a show i am at...i do NOT make my way to electronic communication to post a setlist...BEing present, BEing enthralled in the music, dancing in that moment is THE reason i am at that show {obviously sharing the vibes with family & friends, included}...

by the way, hey, that reminds me....where is the setlist update from tonight? hahaha ROFLMAO :rofl:

your stuck on this subject ... take a few of these , you'll feel better .

68007d1240802426-upload-test-dr-phil-fam_midol_max_strength_caple-5300.jpg

Yes I am and I'll tell you why, since you are obviously stuck on it too. After seeing that NYE show I was blown away by the level of play of this very young and NEW band. People need to know how good JM is and how good he makes everyone else. When I saw Anthony's post I was a little disturbed. How could other bands have real time updates on the DSO site and nothing for our band.

The whole reason I joined this forum was for this very thread. I thought people would be interested in helping the band and enhancing the experience. Look at it this way, if a band member was asked in an interview how they afford real time updates and they answered they don't, but there fans do it for them. Yeah maybe never happen but a good way to show the love regardless. I think the band would think its pretty cool that we undertook this activity.....no?

So if you think this is worthwhile, contact me privately (as i am unglued from this topic thanks to the midol) and we will try and make it happen.

Again, Tranquility to all

Guest deadheadmike
Yes I am and I'll tell you why, since you are obviously stuck on it too. After seeing that NYE show I was blown away by the level of play of this very young and NEW band. People need to know how good JM is and how good he makes everyone else. When I saw Anthony's post I was a little disturbed. How could other bands have real time updates on the DSO site and nothing for our band.

The whole reason I joined this forum was for this very thread. I thought people would be interested in helping the band and enhancing the experience. Look at it this way, if a band member was asked in an interview how they afford real time updates and they answered they don't, but there fans do it for them. Yeah maybe never happen but a good way to show the love regardless. I think the band would think its pretty cool that we undertook this activity.....no?

So if you think this is worthwhile, contact me privately (as i am unglued from this topic thanks to the midol) and we will try and make it happen.

Again, Tranquility to all

OK ARCH , I'm with ya ... honestly , I've been wracking my brain for the past 2 years trying to figure out a way to be at EVERY DSO show and this would be perfect , I'd actually have a legit reason and excuse to give my wife to be at every show other than dancing my ass off to the best band on the face of the earth ... so I would be happy to take on the task of posting all the sets for each show , live from each show ... only problem is , and its not a very big one , but its an issue none the less and that would be , MONEY ... although life has been pretty good to me financially , I have limitations so I would expect a subsidy for travel , food and boarding , AND , I like to go first class ... thats where you come in , solve that little issue and I'm in bruh4 !

OK ARCH , I'm with ya ... honestly , I've been wracking my brain for the past 2 years trying to figure out a way to be at EVERY DSO show and this would be perfect , I'd actually have a legit reason and excuse to give my wife to be at every show other than dancing my ass off to the best band on the face of the earth ... so I would be happy to take on the task of posting all the sets for each show , live from each show ... only problem is , and its not a very big one , but its an issue none the less and that would be , MONEY ... although life has been pretty good to me financially , I have limitations so I would expect a subsidy for travel , food and boarding , AND , I like to go first class ... thats where you come in , solve that little issue and I'm in bruh4 !

Seriously "dhmike", are you kidding me? I "wrack" my brain for a couple days and come up with a volunteer system to post updates and meet endless resistance. You wrack your brain for two years and figure out a way to get in someones pocket. Looks like your trying to make it perfect for you. Outstanding!

Not trying to make anything perfect, as perfection is unattainable. Just trying to complement an already great experience.

Sorry to you all for trying to make the existence better for some.

Tranquility to you all and remember........."you can't buy Common Sense"!

• Forum MVP

Word of mouth....

we would write the setlist down by hand... let someone copy it in the lot.. etc ..

from show to show it would happen

those were some good times on tour...

ARCH STANTON - "their is nothing in this grave" - Eli Wallach (The Ugly)

"Because their is nothing written on this rock... the money is in the grave marked "unknown" next to Arch Stanton" - Clint Eastwood (The Good)

From the classic movie "THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY"

I wonder what everyone did back in the day with the grateful dead when there was no internet or cell phones

Word of mouth....

we would write the setlist down by hand... let someone copy it in the lot.. etc ..

from show to show it would happen

those were some good times on tour...

ARCH STANTON - "their is nothing in this grave" - Eli Wallach (The Ugly)

"Because their is nothing written on this rock... the money is in the grave marked "unknown" next to Arch Stanton" - Clint Eastwood (The Good)

From the classic movie "THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY"

nice teacher matt!

Guest deadheadmike
You would like that wouldn't you? Unfortunately for you, this is the only forum I am a member of. Keep hiding behind religion, cause I ain't goin there!

Not Religion , Sobriety !!! and no one is hiding ... at least , I'm not !!!

• Forum MVP
I wonder what everyone did back in the day with the grateful dead when there was no internet or cell phones

I actually got a call from a cell phone during an Unbroken Chain in '95, with the caller holding the phone into the air to "capture" the PA sound. Thinking back on it, that was damn early to be carrying a cell phone. They weren't so unusual mounted in cars at that point, but you didn't see them being hand carried too often!

• Forum MVP

It's good to know that I'm at least tolerated...

deadheadmike, archstanton- chill. if you want to have a personal conversation you can send 'pm's to eachother. Last time I checked this isn't a chat room...or is it?

;)

Guest deadheadmike
ya' gotta be kiddin' me !

This thread ,just keeps picking up speed as it spirals downhill !

:rofl:

No dis-respect intended to anyone,

Rob

You love it , just like watching a building burn !!! :rofl:

• Forum MVP

Admittedly my tenure here has been brief, and I wander in a wonderland of naivete and rainbow-colored unicorns, but it never ceases to amaze me how threads take on a life of their own. Sometimes that is a good thing, and it does make for interesting reading.

• Forum MVP
As the "new kid in town" i'm not sure its my place to throw fuel on the fire, but the lack of responses demands someone address this situation. We all have excuses for not updating the setlist while at a show, but your fellow forumers don't have a problem updating another bands show on the DARK STAR website. Maybe a veteran forum goer could try and assemble a system where fans attending a show would volunteer to update the forum? It does seem strange that DSO FANS seem not to care that this forum is not getting updates. Who's forum is this anyway?

You mean to tell me that there are actually people who are on the internet updating setlists during a show? I think a better idea would be to give reviews sans setlist. I think people tend to look at the setlists and make a decision on the show based on that instead of the actual performance.

It has been a long time since there has been a show without a setlist posted (probably jamcruise last year) although I worry about the upcoming Iowa City show. Shakedown we will all be waiting for your review, and I know you won't bother with a traditional setlist.

• Forum MVP
:wacko:

I guess Ricko didn't read my post ! Thanks for the advice bro . God knows I could use it :)

a

Didn't mean to use your post to single you out as the one with no patience. Your 2nd post made it clear that it was the New Years excitement and not a lack of patience that made you want a more rapid update then usual. You also made it clear you don't expect more from others than you would from yourself and you are not a quick set list poster. Additionally, you made it clear you are grateful for the people who do take the time to post the set lists. I just wanted to state my opinion on the subject and meant to hit replay no quote and must've hit reply with quote considering your post was right up above mine. Sorry for misunderstanding. Its all peace and love here. I know if your at all like me you would like to make it to them all, but thats simply not possible.

Rick

Guest deadheadmike
I wander in a wonderland of naivete and rainbow-colored unicorns

unicorn-rainbow.jpg

and from the heavens plays a never ending music stream of scarlet>fire>estimated>eyes and a number of choice favorites ... :dsorocks:

Archived