Why Oh Why ?

Anthony

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I don't understand what the problem is here.

If not for the Grateful Dead we would have no DSO if we had no DSO we would have no Furthur.

When I found this forum a few years back I was pulled in and hooked from the start just like the music itself.

The family here is amazing and the points you all make keep my mind open and crack me up.

I for one like all the Furthur talk and setlists. I have seen posts over the years about other Dead related bands. The truth here is that we are all connected. Now rather you are a fan of Furthur or not they are doing some very cool stuff. DSO has done an amazing job of keeping everything going and keeping the true sound of the Grateful Dead alive.

It's simple if you do t want to read or post anything about Furthur then don't open the posts and read them. Just like DSO is bigger than one person this forum HUGE!

I love that we all have a place like this to come to and get news, jokes, and the crazy thoughts of us freeks from all o er the world. If Furthur would start a forum on it's site I'd still spend all my time on here. The family on here is the best.

I was just thinking... The few folks who would like to see the Furthur posts go away have any of you been to a Furthur show yet? I'm just intreasted. I'm just glad that we all have this place to come to and be ourselves.

Much love to all :)

To be honest I have never liked having the Furthur subforum. I feel this site is for DSO. The only reason I made it was to keep the General Discussion area free for DSO content. I have hoped that after the new wore off it would decrease in activity.

I'll be glad to take it down.

I hope that doesn't happen TR. JK commited 12 years to this band, decided to leave a few months ago for a different job opportunity and we cannot allow a small subforum to exist so we may discuss his performances with Bob and Phil?

That just doesn't seem right or kind.

• Forum MVP

To each his/her own. I also hope that TR doesn't take down the Furthur sub-group. Here is how I see it, for what its worth: When I was introduced to DSO('99, I believe), I didn't really surf the web except to check email. Got pointed to this site in '07 after about a dozen DSO shows. I then became familiar with other message board/forum-type sites. There is absofuckinglutely NO QUESTION that dsoforums.net is the most open-minded, kind and mostly BS-free forum that I have found.

When DSO is on tour, there is constant DSO chatter. When they are not on tour, we all talk about other things(i.e. sports, politics, travel, people's pets, funny stories from the road, etc, etc, etc). As far as I can tell, one of the main reasons for so much Futhur chatter is because 1) One of the founding members of our favorite band was offered and took the opportunity of a lifetime and 2) Furthur is playing EVERYDAY. Not only are they playing everyday, but they are also playing songs that Phil & Bobby have not played in a long, long time.

The reason that we are all here, DSO included, is because of our love for the Grateful Dead. For the 1st time in 15 years, we have something new and exciting happening with Phil & Bobby. Now, I'm not going to go back through all the old posts, but there have been discussions for years about how some are just not that into Ratdog and Phil & Friends. Now, they are onstage, smiling like the Cheshire Cat and bringing it HUGE. Is this not a good thing??? Would I have preffered to have JK still sitting on stage next to Mr. Eaton? Definitely. However, based on some of the reviews and clips that have been posted, I can't freakin wait for DSO to come back to Seattle in April, whether with Jeff or with Stu. I was kind of hoping for Jeff but Stu can bring it as well and the Showbox is going to be jumping, just like it is everytime DSO is in town. Thanks to JK, us Deadheads now have the opportunity to witness two bands that are keeping the dream alive.

. I fucking LOVE DSO!!!! I will see them every single opportunity that I have. However, lets remember why we are all here: The Grateful Dead. No Dead, no DSO. Would I rather see DSO than Ratdog or Phil & Friends? Might be the dumbest question I ever typed. Of course I would. Could I be any happier for JK, who when he first stepped to the mike at the Fillmore and started singing Shakedown left my jaw on the floor? No way.

For me, this site has always been about much more than just talking about DSO. I still have only met a couple of people from the boards but we all sit here and give well wishes to each other during trying times, happy times and any time someone needs their spirits lifted. I guess I'm just confused as to why, all of a sudden, there is talk of removing all the content except for DSO material. Its kind of what makes this forum and this group of people so special and why its usually one of the first sites, of any content, I check on a daily basis.

:dsorocks: and so does dsoforums.net

Guest deadheadmike
:rolleyes:

Now where do I go to get my furthur reviews ?????

:wacko:

A

Maybe you could start a thread titled "Why Oh Why ?" kinda like this one , but regarding the lack of furthur updates and see what happens ... :rofl:

Anybody ever think of this from DSO's point of view? An integral part of this whole debate, I would think.

Bottom line, making music is a business for the artists and its their careers. In any business there is competition. Is furthur chatter in this forum good for business? I would guess there are other places to talk about furthur.

Next month the bands will both be touring at the same time. Will people spend their money on 1 show with furthur or maybe 2 DSO shows? I would hope the latter.

If you don't think their competing for fans, think again.

I have seen furthur a couple times and enjoyed it. If I had a choice on a single night to see either band, I choose DSO EVERYTIME!

• Advisory Board
Yo Herdy! Glad to see you survived the cruz.

I know......Dr. Vapor will be most surprised.

I think this is a good cause and will help out with the posting. Gotta support your brothers, right?

Keep it clean! Luv u buddy

Love you too, my friend... Hope to see you again soon

I hope that doesn't happen TR. JK commited 12 years to this band, decided to leave a few months ago for a different job opportunity and we cannot allow a small subforum to exist so we may discuss his performances with Bob and Phil?

That just doesn't seem right or kind.

I vote to keep the Furthur Forum. I feel safest and happiest on the DSO site and it feels like home. I don't want to be forced to talk/read about Furthur elsewhere (or not at all).

I believe in unlimited abundance, and that there is room for all of us/them here. One band's existence doesn't take away from the other's, rather these are synergistic parts of a larger whole. Together they are each made more meaningful. We are family, after all! Can we please love one another?

Archived