1/6/10...

VincentPuleo

Guest deadheadmike
Perhaps, but why assume it is Phil "giving" the vocals rather than Bobby? The Dead played Dew twice last Spring - Warren sang one and Weir sang one. While of course "it would be crazy not to give it to John", I wouldn't bet the ranch either way.

Hopefully we will know sooner rather than later.

So its possible that the current song assignment could change also ???

Wow is all I've got to say about seeing last nights show at this amazing, beautiful , TINY, venue...Till the Morning Comes China Doll...I'm feeling a High Time comin....

I saw Warren sing Standing on the Moon in Chicago last year and it lacked any emotion. 2 weeks later they do it again at Shoreline and Bobby sings it. Or Shatnerized it. But i liked it better than Warrens version. Bobby gave it his all. He put some emotion into the end of the song.

I wouldn't be to worried of this happening again. JK hasnt sung an unemotional anything as far as I can tell. Bobby doesn't need to take it back from him. I think he would have a harder time taking a song back from JK than Warren.

I liked Warren with the Dead by the way. He just didn't sing Standing on the Moon that well in my opinion and thats why Bobby sang it the next time.

Guest deadheadmike
Wow is all I've got to say about seeing last nights show at this amazing, beautiful , TINY, venue...Till the Morning Comes China Doll...I'm feeling a High Time comin....

Jon , I really think they want to make a good run or so with this band , maybe more than a good run or so ... I was very impressed with the last show I saw and have been enjoying the feedback from these rehearsal shows ... So you feel a High Time comin' up , gotta go to JK , fingers crossed ...

Jon , I really think they want to make a good run or so with this band , maybe more than a good run or so ... I was very impressed with the last show I saw and have been enjoying the feedback from these rehearsal shows ... So you feel a High Time comin' up , gotta go to JK , fingers crossed ...

John looks SO comfortable up there at this point...beautiful communication happening on stage...So many times last night Phil was in TOTAL approval of the way JK was handling the songs he sang...didn't feel like Phil and Bobs band...an equal parts vibe...You right coasters are in for a treat when they get this mother rollin' your way!

I personally love this setlist - a really rockin' start with an alternating middle and end. If Weir did one of his good LLR's, I'd just have to say WOW! My taste says Weir's voice is better for NSB than JK's - even if he Shatnerizes..... ;)

It was one of Weir's good LLR in my opinion. :)

Kevin

Given what has gone down the past 4 nights, I would be very surprised if Dew did not happen during the next 6 nights. I also think Phil now completely understands what he has with JK and would give him the vocals. Hell, they let Warren do it--it would be crazy to not go with John.

I would have to agree with your comment about Phil. I noticed him smiling at John's playing a few times last night. Furthur has struck GOLD!

Kevin

Guest deadheadmike
John looks SO comfortable up there at this point...beautiful communication happening on stage...So many times last night Phil was in TOTAL approval of the way JK was handling the songs he sang...didn't feel like Phil and Bobs band...an equal parts vibe...You right coasters are in for a treat when they get this mother rollin' your way!

I only have Atlantic City on my calender and am looking forward to the show ... but if all is well here at home and time permits ,and , some kind soul has Radio City tix , well ya never know ... ;)

Archived