new potato caboose

looks like rain

welcome to the dance

dear mr. fantasy(JK)

China Doll (JK)

New Speedway Boogie

West L.A. Fadeaway (BW)

walking blues

Looks like we're getting at least one classic ballad with JK every show. Going tomorrow and can't wait to hear what they whip out. Row Jimmy would definitely make my evening!!

The setlist tonight as a whole doesn't quite match the first three for my particular taste (at least on paper). However, China Doll, Speedway, and West LA at the end is a real fine trio!! Perhaps I'm just getting WAY too spoiled. I'm sure if I was there tonight, I wouldn't be complaining one bit with the setlist.

• Forum MVP
picasso moon

new potato caboose

looks like rain

welcome to the dance

dear mr. fantasy(JK)

China Doll (JK)

New Speedway Boogie

West L.A. Fadeaway (BW)

walking blues

was there no alabama, ease, and til the morning comes? I got that from the philzone let me know so I can edit..

They're not going to be able to help but have a ballad with John every night after experiencing what he can do..

• Forum MVP

Alabama Getaway

Don't East Me In

Till The Morning Comes

Picasso Moon

New Potato Caboose

Looks Like Rain

welcome to the dance

dear mr. fantasy(JK)

China Doll (JK)

New Speedway Boogie

West L.A. Fadeaway (BW)

walking blues

Alabama Getaway

Don't East Me In

Till The Morning Comes

Picasso Moon

New Potato Caboose

Looks Like Rain

welcome to the dance

dear mr. fantasy(JK)

China Doll (JK)

New Speedway Boogie

West L.A. Fadeaway (BW)

walking blues

I think it is OK that Bobby took the speedway he does a good job with that one...

• Forum MVP
Alabama Getaway

Don't East Me In

Till The Morning Comes - Love it!

Picasso Moon

New Potato Caboose

Looks Like Rain

welcome to the dance

dear mr. fantasy(JK)

China Doll (JK) - An all time fav! Esp. with JK :P

New Speedway Boogie

West L.A. Fadeaway (BW)

walking blues

I personally love this setlist - a really rockin' start with an alternating middle and end. If Weir did one of his good LLR's, I'd just have to say WOW! My taste says Weir's voice is better for NSB than JK's - even if he Shatnerizes..... ;)

if " 'til the mornin' comes", i wonder if "sing me back home" is far behind ;-) and still black peter, dew, and wharf rat as far as ballads...oh, attics too...one can only hope...

while throwin' things out there...CLEMENTINE would be fun...{ah, pipe dream}

• Forum MVP

sakada, Wharf Rat was played, only once so far... first ballad with John.

Wharf Rat, Candyman, Ship Of Fools, Must Have Been The Roses, So Many Roads, Stella Blue, Comes A Time, and now China Doll have all happened... Morning Dew cannot be to far behind..

The set list here doesn't note it, but I am told that Weir sang Don't Ease.

At this point, The Dew is truly the 800 lb gorilla, given that vocal assignments have not been confirmed.

Given what has gone down the past 4 nights, I would be very surprised if Dew did not happen during the next 6 nights. I also think Phil now completely understands what he has with JK and would give him the vocals. Hell, they let Warren do it--it would be crazy to not go with John.

• Forum MVP
Given what has gone down the past 4 nights, I would be very surprised if Dew did not happen during the next 6 nights. I also think Phil now completely understands what he has with JK and would give him the vocals. Hell, they let Warren do it--it would be crazy to not go with John.

Perhaps, but why assume it is Phil "giving" the vocals rather than Bobby? The Dead played Dew twice last Spring - Warren sang one and Weir sang one. While of course "it would be crazy not to give it to John", I wouldn't bet the ranch either way.

Hopefully we will know sooner rather than later.

...If Weir did one of his good LLR's, I'd just have to say WOW!

It was a killer LLR! Mmmm!!!

Another anecdote:

The crowd was clapping before the encore and Bobby came out and said, "Keep that going, now don't speed it up." Then the clapping got sped up (of course), and he tried to slow it down and set the rhythm for us. I'm thinking that the clapping reminded him of Walking Blues, and after the song he went to the mike and said, "Thank you all for that one!"

It was an intimate moment of connecting with the crowd that was appreciated.

Archived