Your Opinions Please.

Taper Ron

Should I remove these forums?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Politics Forum (last post 12/4/09)

• Yes, Remove It.
    • No, Keep It.
  2. 2. Travelers Forum (last post 12/7/09)

• Yes, Remove It.
    • No, Keep It.
  3. 3. Joke Of The Day (last use 12/16/09)

• Yes, Remove It.
    • No, Keep It.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe that 8 people voted to remove the travelers forum :huh: ... to each his own :)

Not to stir it up, but-I wonder if anyone would like a certain sub-forum removed?

I hope the Travellers forum stays, it's always a help when looking for lodging!

Peace,

Rob

Not to stir it up, but-I wonder if anyone would like a certain sub-forum removed?

Peace,

Rob

That's a somewhat tricky question. As this is the DSO website, perhaps it is time. At the same time, this is clearly the best discussion site I have seen regarding the performances of a certain other band, which I have very much enjoyed. However, I have also learned a few details about the specifics of what went down in the previous few months from someone who is in a position to know, and I could see why the DSO organization might understandably have some issues with continuing these discussions in a sub-forum here. That's all I really care to say on he subject.

Not trying to stir it up either, but I felt it was appropriate.

• Forum MVP
That's a somewhat tricky question. As this is the DSO website, perhaps it is time. At the same time, this is clearly the best discussion site I have seen regarding the performances of a certain other band, which I have very much enjoyed. However, I have also learned a few details about the specifics of what went down in the previous few months from someone who is in a position to know, and I could see why the DSO organization might understandably have some issues with continuing these discussions in a sub-forum here. That's all I really care to say on he subject.

Not trying to stir it up either, but I felt it was appropriate.

Well said, and indeed there are cogent arguments that can be made for both positions. But I vote for "enough is enough already," too.

• Forum MVP
There's a dude in Maryland with a stereo knob that goes up to 11, and a live REO Speedwagon show.

The volume knob in my truck goes to 63........ WTF!? What group of engineers sat around at Toyota and said "well, what do you guys think? should we venture past 10? and some stoner in the back says.......YES, let's take it to,,,,63!" and the group fell into silent awh.

PS: Love to hear about Furthur too, but this is DSO's house - if those guys want to fork over some rent money we might keep talkin' about 'em.

Remove political forum - thats a surprise. You would think opinions on things like health care, economic bailouts and overseas wars should warrant as much discussion as whether JK or Phil sang Wharf Rat. I understand this forum is a floating pod of escapism but there are great minds within and at least some discourse of political debate/discussion/argument is always good to exercise the old noggin.

Oh well, will have to start posting political stuff in the main forum. Better exposure there anyway.

When a forum is removed that in no way means that topic cannot be discussed. For instance, if you want to tell a joke or discuss politics do so to your hearts content - that is what the "General Discussion" forum is for, anything. I felt the three that I asked your opinion on were not being used enough to warrant taking up space on the index page. Since they were used occasionally I bypassed the Advisory Board and presented the question to everyone.

QUOTE (b and a @ Jan 12 2010, 02:43 PM) *

Who is saying get rid of the Furthur forum?? That would be a childish , bullshit, and seemingly political move. (one i would not support)

Boy..I don't really agree that it is that cut and dry...to me it's a tough call. Band members have mentioned that there is no chance of John ever returning to DSO.....

For the sake of expediency it's nice for me because I follow both vehicles (furthur and DSO)..

But as a practical matter, not sure if I was on the DSO team I would want half of hits that come to their Web site coming from those interested in furthur Updates..I'm happy that it' here but FURTHUR should definately get their own thing going..simialr to DSO, Ratdog, etc..Both Bob and Phil historically have been awful with respect to creating "official forums"..

To me, while I like it, it would be a reasonable thing to remove it. I strongly disagree that it would be childis, bullshit and political. That's ridiculous..

• Forum MVP
Boy..I don't really agree that it is that cut and dry...to me it's a tough call. Band members have mentioned that there is no chance of John ever returning to DSO.....

For the sake of expediency it's nice for me because I follow both vehicles (furthur and DSO)..

But as a practical matter, not sure if I was on the DSO team I would want half of hits that come to their Web site coming from those interested in furthur Updates..I'm happy that it' here but FURTHUR should definately get their own thing going..simialr to DSO, Ratdog, etc..Both Bob and Phil historically have been awful with respect to creating "official forums"..

To me, while I like it, it would be a reasonable thing to remove it. I strongly disagree that it would be childis, bullshit and political. That's ridiculous..

I would understand but not like it. I find myself completely rivetted by setlists in Marin. After all, JK is our boy.

Archived