Your Opinions Please.

Taper Ron

Should I remove these forums?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Politics Forum (last post 12/4/09)

• Yes, Remove It.
    • No, Keep It.
  2. 2. Travelers Forum (last post 12/7/09)

• Yes, Remove It.
    • No, Keep It.
  3. 3. Joke Of The Day (last use 12/16/09)

• Yes, Remove It.
    • No, Keep It.

I would understand but not like it. I find myself completely rivetted by setlists in Marin. After all, JK is our boy.

For purely selfish convenience, I really like having the furthur sub Forum, for now. There is a lot going on with both bands during a highly transitional phase. This place is a joy to visit and find out what is going on in an efficient manner. People are civil and generally respectful. Most of the knowledge I have gotten about furthur has come from this site.

If the band has a problem with it, I would understand removing it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that's a bit of a stretch! You don't think Scott had anything to do with it?

But what would I know I'm just a fucking "childish" idiot.

John started the band that was my point, why give up on furthur. Removing the forum would be childish i think . Did i call you a fucking child? NO . this is my last post been nice knowing some of you.

Guest Rob Eaton
The ONLY reason we are here is because of John Kadlecik . Try not to forget where DSO came from . It was him.

This statement is offensive personally.... We got where we are because of EVERYBODY ever involved with this band, crew included.

• Forum MVP
This statement is offensive personally.... We got where we are because of EVERYBODY ever involved with this band, crew included.

Well stated Rob......couldn't agree more.

As for the thread topic, I enjoy the convenience of having access to the furthur forum on this site.

peace, reid.

QUOTE (b and a @ Jan 13 2010, 03:04 PM) *

YOu know Muddy , I could care less what you think. .YOur posts usually bug the hell out of me.

Fair enough. But just trying to present or more reasoned analysis not of the knee jerk variety.

Your recent post on Taper Rons clean up page is a major tell. Stating "The Only Reason any of us are Here is because of John"

Frankly I think that's a bit insulting to the rest of the band.

And no one is a bigger fan of John than myself.

I'll continue to post regardless if it bugs you or not.

QUOTE (b and a @ Jan 13 2010, 04:41 PM) *

great abby , muddy basically called me ridiculous . so i got mad. i could care less about appearing to be an ass. anybody who knows me knows I am. The same old people with the same old blah blah blah's for years and years. I can tell you what most people are going to say before they say it. Boring. Furthur is NOT boring however and the Forum belongs here. People who dont leave their home town EVER are boring and have no right even discussing a band they will never see because they arent coming to STL .

Well..I'm certainly not the most exciting person on the planet..I'll grant you that.. and I'm impressed with your ability to predict peoples thoughts before hand...Well done..

But easy on the STL bashing on this Board...A few people I know in DSO Corporate HQ are quite fond of our sleepy little town..I would also predict a furthur visit to either the Fox or a multi night run at the Pagaent in the Summer or Fall.....So your probably wrong about that as well..

Give me more of a difficult pitch to hit....the most recent ones are right in my wheelhouse.....and I don't even need Steroids to hit it out of the park..

Taking it wrong (again) , I meant John started the band.. perhaps it was a mistake saying ONLY but my point was He started the band , and he did. We are here on this website because of John and thats the truth . Its obviously not the only reason.

Guest Rob Eaton
Taking it wrong (again) , I meant John started the band.. perhaps it was a mistake saying ONLY but my point was He started the band , and he did. We are here on this website because of John and thats the truth . Its obviously not the only reason.

This is not a true statement. Scott was instrumental in starting the band but without the hard work of everyone ever involved nobody would know who JK is. It was Scott who had the vision to take the band on the road but it was the professionalism and dedication of everyone involved that made it work and become what it is today. We are here on this web site because we all love the music of the Grateful Dead..

This is not a true statement. Scott was instrumental in starting the band but without the hard work of everyone ever involved nobody would know who JK is. It was Scott who had the vision to take the band on the road but it was the professionalism and dedication of everyone involved that made it work and become what it is today. We are here on this web site because we all love the music of the Grateful Dead..

Nobody would know who JK is , interesting.

Did you read my last sentence? it said "its obviously not the only reason" . Rob please stop latching on to some of the words in a sentence . I am one of the biggest DSO fans there ever has been and you know it. I am a fan of the band first. not of one individual player. I will continue to see DSO forever. I did write some regrettable words but my main point is that we should not ditch the furthur forum. I have told you and everyone in the band (including Scott) many times thank you and I value and really love everyone of you as players . Ive seen you for years and know the history of the band perhaps as well as you . Its obviously because of Scott and everyone else crew included. Dont get so offended so easily . I sent you an email last year after the local show telling you i thought you were tearing it up and never heard anything back. I have to leave now. Thanks for the music.

• Forum MVP

Vote has been cast to keep them all. The whole point was to not clutter up the general discussion with topics that might not be as interesting to many in the group. I think the Political and joke forum are both down due to Bush no longer being in office. give Obama time and he will get the people riled up.

• Forum MVP
Vote has been cast to keep them all. The whole point was to not clutter up the general discussion with topics that might not be as interesting to many in the group. I think the Political and joke forum are both down due to Bush no longer being in office. give Obama time and he will get the people riled up.

You love to bash Obama....

• Advisory Board
The ONLY reason we are here is because of John Kadlecik . Try not to forget where DSO came from . It was him.

Not to start with you Brett, but that is absolutely incorrect... Yes, JK did start the band, but it was a split decision along with Scott (RIP)... AND don't forget about Tiny.. I believe that he also had a part in getting those two together....

John started the band that was my point, why give up on furthur. Removing the forum would be childish i think . Did i call you a fucking child? NO . this is my last post been nice knowing some of you.

Again... John AND Scott both had equal parts in starting this band we all love... You saying you're leaving the forums because someone doesn't agree with you might be called childish....

I have to agree with Eaton... DSO is more then one person... The ENTIRE band, as well as the crew makes DSO....

Kinda hard to take it wrong when you're hammering your opinion in the way that you word it.... You keep saying it's because of JK that we are all here... I love you west coasters, you all have very strong opinions (which is great), but you all also get highly pissy when people don't agree with you... Opinions are opinions, not fact....

We are all Deadheads, we LOVE the music, and that's what this forum is deadicated to... the love of the music, but this is a DSO forum... if we keep furthur, then we need sub-threads which include Ratdog, P&F, The Dead, ect, ect, ect....

Nobody would know who JK is , interesting.

I agree... besides the Chicago people, where he started playing music, no one would know the man on a national level

Did you read my last sentence? it said "its obviously not the only reason" . Rob please stop latching on to some of the words in a sentence . I am one of the biggest DSO fans there ever has been and you know it. I am a fan of the band first. not of one individual player. I will continue to see DSO forever. I did write some regrettable words but my main point is that we should not ditch the furthur forum. I have told you and everyone in the band (including Scott) many times thank you and I value and really love everyone of you as players . Ive seen you for years and know the history of the band perhaps as well as you . Its obviously because of Scott and everyone else crew included. Dont get so offended so easily . I sent you an email last year after the local show telling you i thought you were tearing it up and never heard anything back. I have to leave now. Thanks for the music.

Kinda childish, Brett... The way I've been reading your posts on this thread, makes me think that you've got a serious "Holier-Then-Thou" attitide, in which those who disagree with your opinions are dead wrong and what you say should be taken as gospel... I love ya Brett, but ya gotta drop the "I-Know-Whats-Best" attitude my friend... Hope you don't take my criticism personally, I don't mean to upset you, just stating my opinion...

Love to all of you

• Forum MVP

I think I need to post one of radical statements that gets all kinds of people on this board in to a crazy panty bunch....

that way it will take a little heat of my good friend Brett....

It's all good... It's all Zen... It's all peace... It's all right... It's all for an Intention ... :rolleyes:

• Forum MVP
I think I need to post one of radical statements that gets all kinds of people on this board in to a crazy panty bunch....

that way it will take a little heat of my good friend Brett....

It's all good... It's all Zen... It's all peace... It's all right... It's all for an Intention ... :rolleyes:

It's only rock and roll, but I like it. :friends:

• Forum MVP
You love to bash Obama....

I believe I was bashing Bush by saying he was the reason for higher content in the joke and politics forums. Why are you so defensive of Obama? What has he done for you?

The political threads here are my favorite places to get opinions. I myself cannot articulate politcal issues well, but I am amazed at the political opinions and ideas of the people from this community.

I particularly love hearing from the people here whose political views are the opposite of my own. No other place do I stop and "listen" to the extent that I do here to the people who are different than me, politically speaking.

I hope the political forum stays. Also, it is perfect that you are required to login in order to write and read from here, since politics is such a sensitive subject.

**** edit

funny: I did not see the posts above mine when I wrote about keeping the political forum. Remember: this thread is in the General forum. Take the above stuggle to the political forum.

Archived