Stu To Dso?

jimo

Spotted this post on The Schwag message board under thread about Nate (keyboard) quitting the band:

El Guapo

Today, 01:59 AM Post #44

Gold Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 5,598

Did not see this thread. Heard Nate has posted to FB.

Nate has left the band to work on his original music. A great guy and a decision many artists make when they are in a tribute band. Cannon has given us his 30 day notice that he will also be leaving to do the same, he also will be missed. Their departure is something I respect, totally understand and wish them all the best. Playing in a tribute band is fun but the lure to make original music tends to be a very strong need in artists and they need to go and pursue that passion when it calls them. And obviously with Stu going to Dark Star this puts the band already in restructure mode and it is a good time for Nate and Cannon to make the move to full time Messy because that is the sound financial move as we will certainly have a dry phase just finding someone who can fill Stu's very big shoes.

I personally have really enjoyed the run we had with these great musicians and wish them all the best in 2010. And I plan on being quite a nuisance on DSO tour and expect to be banned from the tour within the year. Been trying to convince Stu what a good guitar tech I would be. He is not buying it.

Summer for Camp Zoe is looking like fun with a season pass on sale date of Jan 22. We plan on offering a special discounted rate for the first couple weeks of the season pass on sale.

Look for more info on 2010 Camp Zoe Season Passes coming out soon. And keep supporting live music in your community.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the shoe would fit!

BRING IT !!!

IMHO-The shoe is fitting pretty good with Jeff as well.

I've seen him with DSO a few times now & always left very impressed!

Still reeling over the Viola Lee Blues played near end of NYE show!

Takin' it as it Comes,

Rob

Let's all enjoy this GREAT thing we all have with Jeff . Its my opinion that Jeff is not going anywhere some things need to be worked out ,it started out that Jeff was only here for the winter tour , I think things have changed i sure hope iam right . DSO is just OFF THE HOOK with Jeff playing lead taking us to places that the band hasn't gone before ,its a perfect fit.PEACE DAVE

Guest deadheadmike

Is this a new rumor and controversy in the making ... well I'm in ... I heard Stu is on for the West Coast leg of the Spring / Summer tour from very reliable sources ...

Is this a new rumor and controversy in the making ... well I'm in ... I heard Stu is on for the West Coast leg of the Spring / Summer tour from very reliable sources ...

I really think Jeff is staying with DSO also from a great sources , i refuse to get involed with this controversy DSO will be fine either way IT'S NOT one member that makes a band it's a group thing .Peace Dave

Guest deadheadmike
I really think Jeff is staying with DSO also from a great sources , i refuse to get involed with this controversy DSO will be fine either way IT'S NOT one member that makes a band it's a group thing .Peace Dave

Too late , you just got involved ... :D

Guest deadheadmike
WE ARE GOING OUT TO THE VIC TO SEE DSO

There is quite a few from here going to those shows ... I cant do any traveling till April or I would do that weekend also ... planning west coast DSO tour though , can't do the whole thing , either the north or south , not sure which yet .

• Forum MVP

For the last month, I thouht everyone knew Stu was going to join them for the west coast run.

I think a lot of people out here are happy because many people know Stu and like him.

For me, it will be cool to see Stu, Jeff and anyone else they try.

For the last month, I thouht everyone knew Stu was going to join them for the west coast run.

I think a lot of people out here are happy because many people know Stu and like him.

For me, it will be cool to see Stu, Jeff and anyone else they try.

word

• Forum MVP
For the last month, I thouht everyone knew Stu was going to join them. .

I'm just a little mixed up on why everything that has gone on over the last 6 months has been so hush hush.

I have an idea how about everyone be up front and keep all us fans up to date on the changes of venue and players in the band. Don't get me wrong here I'm not pissed off or upset with the band but if this change with Stu was known for over a month now why do us Starheads have to find out from another bands page. Just don't seem right!

I respect the music and the band... just not sure why we are not more informed around here.

If anyone has a clue of the shows Stu will be playin please pass it on to us fans. Some of us might like to plan a little bit.

THANKS!

Much love to all :):):)

Guest deadheadmike
I'm just a little mixed up on why everything that has gone on over the last 6 months has been so hush hush.

I have an idea how about everyone be up front and keep all us fans up to date on the changes of venue and players in the band. Don't get me wrong here I'm not pissed off or upset with the band but if this change with Stu was known for over a month now why do us Starheads have to find out from another bands page. Just don't seem right!

I respect the music and the band... just not sure why we are not more informed around here.

If anyone has a clue of the shows Stu will be playin please pass it on to us fans. Some of us might like to plan a little bit.

THANKS!

Much love to all :):):)

Mike you know this forum is a separate entity of the band , not controlled or supported financially by DSO ... they are invited to come on and join in anything going on or give band updates if they so choose ... but all they're really responsible for is to get up on stage and rock the house for us ... their inside issues such as who is playing lead is the business of the band ... the info found on other boards is the same as found on here , rumors , or maybe a little better than rumors as someone may be a friend of Stu or a band member of DSO and their info is more than a rumor because they heard it from the horses mouth , so to speak ... in a nut shell , the real honest to GOD truth will be announced on DSO's web site when they feel its the right time ... till then , we have the rumor mill ... :)

• Forum MVP

from what I've heard JM is going to become a permanent member of dso. Don't know if Stu is still going to step in for a tour or not...I think his vocals would be a step up from Jeff's but I'll take Jeff for his guitar playing and jamming ability. But, like everyone's saying, if eaton, barraco, koritz, english, rosen, and mackey go on tour, i'll be there.

Archived