Stu To Dso?

jimo

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
Myself along with Chuck Vegas and a cameo by a certain keyboardist who has a nickname of Dank will be seeing Stu Allen with Melvin and JGB here in Las Vegas next Saturday January 23rd...

I am excited to say the least..

anybody care to come join us for the weekend I think Chuck and I can figure something out...

Give me 12 hours to make sure I can afford flights, but you might want to start figuring something out. I could use a weekend get away.

Myself along with Chuck Vegas and a cameo by a certain keyboardist who has a nickname of Dank will be seeing Stu Allen with Melvin and JGB here in Las Vegas next Saturday January 23rd...

I am excited to say the least..

anybody care to come join us for the weekend I think Chuck and I can figure something out...

Matt,

I'd love to get away from the NJ cold front & see warm Vegas again, but focusing on making the trip around 4/26 show!

Enjoy the JGB show! Post a review for all of us who miss it! At your convenience,not from the show.

Peace,

Rob

• Forum MVP

Don't worry about that... I have a phone that is very spartan in it's uses... it cant even take pictures so you might get a review from me come Sunday night if lucky... cuz thats how I roll....

Matt,

I'd love to get away from the NJ cold front & see warm Vegas again, but focusing on making the trip around 4/26 show!

Enjoy the JGB show! Post a review for all of us who miss it! At your convenience,not from the show.

Peace,

Rob

What do you guys think of this video of Stu Allen with The Schwag?

This is The Schwag's show in September 2009 with Stu on guitar:

http://www.iclips.net/watch/schwag-42 (FULL SHOW IN HD!!!)

^^^The whole show is incredible^^^^^^

Here are some Soundboard recordings off of archive as well....

http://www.archive.org/details/TheSchwag

PD, you should start a Schwag thread in the Other Bands forum.

Hmmm...

For Stu Allen shows? But why? <_< He's not even with The Schwag anymore. If I find a Schwag show without Stu I feel the urge to share (although I see no logic in that) I'll certainly post it in the appropriate forum. So should I post all of the Stu recordings I stumble across in a different place? Or just those shows with The Schwag? Sorry Ron, I'm confused here. :wacko: I'm not promoting a specific band at all, especially one that's lineup doesn't exist anymore....just your future lead guitarist. :rolleyes: I'm just trying to help build steam for the Spring tour here. :unsure:

"I've stayed in every blue-light cheap hotel, can't win for trying."

:(

Where's the support? Where's the LOVE? "All you need is love" has turned into a antithesis of sorts on this forum for 2010 (IMHO)... :rolleyes:

I just knew you were a Schwag fan. I didn't mean you had done anything wrong, posts regarding Stu are certainly appropriate in either forum.

Where's the support? Where's the LOVE? "All you need is love" has turned into a antithesis of sorts on this forum for 2010 (IMHO)... :rolleyes:

Not sure what you mean by that!

It's all good Brother...and I'm a Grateful Dead fan more so than a Schwag fan and that's ultimately what has me typing here...I don't pick teams with music....f it's Dead I'm diggin' it.

The "thumbs down" ( :icon13: ) icon on your instructional post and your staus/authority on the board led me to feel I had done something wrong...I sensed an insinuation, anyhow, forgive me if I was wrong.

Regardless, you have my word and full understanding I am not to promote other bands in the DSO Forum. If I find some dank Stu shows I won't mention what band he's performing with...but honestly Ron they really do seem relevant to me as they helped to shape the artist into who they are and who they are becoming...

"May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung"

"May you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift.

May your heart always be joyful, may your songs always be sung."

• Forum MVP
It's all good Brother...and I'm a Grateful Dead fan more so than a Schwag fan and that's ultimately what has me typing here...I don't pick teams with music....f it's Dead I'm diggin' it.

The "thumbs down" ( :icon13: ) icon on your instructional post and your staus/authority on the board led me to feel I had done something wrong...I sensed an insinuation, anyhow, forgive me if I was wrong.

Regardless, you have my word and full understanding I am not to promote other bands in the DSO Forum. If I find some dank Stu shows I won't mention what band he's performing with...but honestly Ron they really do seem relevant to me as they helped to shape the artist into who they are and who they are becoming...

"May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung"

"May you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift.

May your heart always be joyful, may your songs always be sung."

I could be wrong but i think TR was referring to the fact that you posted the same exact thing in three different threads right after one another. Let's be concise and efficient, not overload the same thing over and over. I think Ron is right though, you should start a Stu Allen/Schwag thread that showcases some great performances to get us psyched on his arrival.

On another note, i'm guessing the "PUGDOG" who taped the first night at Schwagstock 42 was you. Great Job. I really look forward to seeing and hearing what Stu can bring to the table.

To begin with that is a thumbs UP! I have no problem with anyone talking up other bands. It bothered me having a specific forum for Furthur that was positioned above DSO, so I put it where I felt it was more appropriate, as well as, opening it to discuss other bands.

My intention was to let you know posting about The Schwag (or any band) is OK and in fact welcomed.

Right on, cool Ron. Hey, I think the 'Thumbs up/thumbs down' feature on the site is messed up because it's still a lil :icon13:. Plus I remember a few months back when someone started a thread about the new JGB "Let It Rock" 1975 Release it showed a :icon13: when the poster had chose the :icon14:..I remember asking them about it too..who knows? :wacko:

When you go back and look at it do you see a :icon14: on your screen?

I think the emoticons are dosed.

I could be wrong but i think TR was referring to the fact that you posted the same exact thing in three different threads right after one another. Let's be concise and efficient, not overload the same thing over and over. I think Ron is right though, you should start a Stu Allen/Schwag thread that showcases some great performances to get us psyched on his arrival.

On another note, i'm guessing the "PUGDOG" who taped the first night at Schwagstock 42 was you. Great Job. I really look forward to seeing and hearing what Stu can bring to the table.

Thanks Man. I look fwd to seeing the shows. And yeah, I totally hear ya with the overload there...my motivation was to spread some love in areas other Heads were reading. This particular thread had some harsh vibes (all have sense been mellowed) and I imagine(d) some don't read this thread fearing negative energy...I just wanted to get some positive vibes to a few different nooks.

"let there be songs....to fill the air"

Right on, cool Ron. Hey, I think the 'Thumbs up/thumbs down' feature on the site is messed up because it's still a lil :icon13: . Plus I remember a few months back when someone started a thread about the new JGB "Let It Rock" 1975 Release it showed a :icon13: when the poster had chose the :icon14: ..I remember asking them about it too..who knows? :wacko:

When you go back and look at it do you see a :icon14: on your screen?

I think the emoticons are dosed.

I had some file names reversed in the skin you are using. I use the terrapin skin. I can see your confusion! I have fixed the names.

I need to do some work on that skin. I did a quick modification to a skin (a few years ago) because Mind Of A Squirrel wanted a dark one and haven't done much to it since.

Post On Brother!

Guest jazz-man

That was a cool light show behind the Schwag video! I thought I recognized Kang in there. I like it when people get along, one reason why I enjoy hanging around here (far less trolls and attitude than DNC, though I love DNC).

I only saw Stu once with JGB and he was pretty good, this was 2+ years ago so I'm sure he's had more GD music imprinted on his DNA. Bring it on!!

Archived