Stu To Dso?

jimo

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whew! That's a relief! I wasn't worried, but some folks around here, you never know what they're thinking... :cheers::icon14:

Dino,

Thanks for your input-It's grate that you guys find the time to drop by the forum!

As Chuck stated"I wasn't worried" -went that route a few months ago, only to see it was a huge waste of energy!

The music never stops-The faces may change ! :dsorocks:

Peace,

Rob

• Forum MVP
I, personally, would love to see DSO around for many years, even after I and the rest of the current band are too old to do it anymore, as the music is bigger than any one of us.

so you mean after 70+ years of age?

thank you for the insight Dino..

this music is truly bigger then anyone of us..

• Forum MVP

Who said "Stu" way back in August? That dude must be pretty astute, no? But then it's really an obvious great fit innit? I think the prospect of seeing Jeff and then Stu with DSO is quite exciting indeed. I think that this just adds lots of new colors to the palette and I look forward to seeing what DSO paints with those colors.

...and Eaton's right.

I don't see why the band has to talk about it's internal issues BEFORE a tour is officially announced

The band doesn't have to talk about it until they're good and ready. The fans however...

:D

I wanted to say something....SOOOOOOO bad.

You guys are in for a treat...and BTW (unofficially speaking) I don't see Stu leaving DSO for quite some time....APRIL Schmapril...he'll be around for years...enjoy it! :580:

Stu could possibly stay IF asked to stay. Can he juggle JGB and DSO? I assume its up to JM to decide whether he can juggle Donna Jean Band with DSO's extensive schedule. Listened to a Schwag show w/ Stu yesterday. Nice! Listening to DSO w/ JM 12-30-09 right now. JM rocks!

Guest Ammagamalin Crew
Ammagamalin Crew said it. More than once. I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in. Guaranteed he will make reference that DSO with Stu Allen should play Bogarts in Cincinnati.

A new recruit! Keep up the good work...

• Forum MVP
A new recruit! Keep up the good work...

JK's shoes are big to fill.

JM does great work, edgy, raw, passionate guitar, fantastic exploratory jams...

Stu's guitar isn't as sharp but he can certainly sing and do those jg ballads justice...

They will figure it out, I'm pumped to see Stu in April.

Stu could possibly stay IF asked to stay. Can he juggle JGB and DSO? I assume its up to JM to decide whether he can juggle Donna Jean Band with DSO's extensive schedule. Listened to a Schwag show w/ Stu yesterday. Nice! Listening to DSO w/ JM 12-30-09 right now. JM rocks!

Yeah...bear in mind The Schwag lack(ed) a second guitarist...the force that will become DSO has yet to be seen or heard. Stu will rapidly flourish...all will be blessed with a bountiful harvest of good tymes and kynd jams. :icon14: This we can count on. Vocally I think Stu even has JK beat...I think a lot of what Stu lacks is not in his ability at all...it's more technical (rig, etc) than anything.

Yeah...bear in mind The Schwag lack(ed) a second guitarist...the force that will become DSO has yet to be seen or heard. Stu will rapidly flourish...all will be blessed with a bountiful harvest of good tymes and kynd jams. :icon14: This we can count on. Vocally I think Stu even has JK beat...I think a lot of what Stu lacks is not in his ability at all...it's more technical (rig, etc) than anything.

I know The Schwag has only one guitarist. Not questioning Stu's ability by comenting "Nice," on the show I listened to (which was one where Stu was the only guitarist). Stu is an amazing guitarist, no question about it. I think the April shows will be amazing.

• Forum MVP

Whoooooaaaa....easy turbo... OK, you said "I think" ;)

the force that is dso has already been seen and heard. it will take different forms, and the force will continue to grow. that is in large part because of the lack of deceitfulness and the focus on the music, rather than on financial gain.

i believe it to be a personal weakness to take offense at anything. but i feel compelled to demonstrate my weakness by saying that this poster's comments are truly offensive to me. i have great admiration for stu, but if this is the kind of baggage he's bringing with him, i'm not sure i would welcome his arrival. i apologize to everyone for feeding into this negativity and will not do so again.

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

remember Bogarts has trough style bathrooms so there is never a line, you can always get back up the stairs before the song ends! And that brick wall behind the amps make for a wall of sound experience in a bar. (at least that's what Chet and Murphy said after leaving the laundry mat).

I truly do...I won't be the only one after long...mark my words and enjoy the ride. :)

So sorry if I offended you personally Sister Bluebird...rest assured it was not my intention. I was merely voicing my opinion on the matter such as yourself...smile...everyone has opinions...most of which will be different from those of your own. I personally try to embrace others and their input albeit different than that of my own.

Archived