Peaceful Valley (JK)

Mountains of the Moon (PL)

Just a little light (JK)

Caution

Help on the Way (JK)>

Slip>

Cassidy

Franklins Tower (PL)

glad they have brought out Mountains... expected Phil to sing it since this is a song that may be especially close to him. I still have never heard No More Do I... where does this song come from?

• Forum MVP
I still have never heard No More Do I... where does this song come from?

I have not heard this song myself but I found this...

No More Do I

Lyrics: Robert Hunter

Music: Phil Lesh

A new Lesh/Hunter song, first played by Phil Lesh & Friends in November 2001. Picked up by The Dead in 2003.

Meet me under painted thunder

Lift me up to gospel skies

Let me live in your blue heaven

When I die, when I die

When I die, when I die

Let me love you without ending

Don't say no I beg of you

Let me give all I got to give

While I live, while I live

While I live, while I live

Never give me cause to doubt you

I'll lay all my cards down too

Learn to trust the things you tell me

Loving you, loving you

Where we're going, I can't tell you

Somewhere on the other side

Driving blind across the border

Born to ride, born to ride

Born to ride, born to ride

I will stand by you forever

If you'll always stand by me

On the shifting sand or water

Take my hand, take my hand

No more, no more, no more do I

Seek reflection in a dead man's eye

Seek my fortune in shades of black

Run down spinning on the outside track

Ice cold wind screaming at my back

Lightning fails at the thunder's crack

Phil Lesh Recordings

Wanted to also post here what I said on the Why Oh Why thread:

I vote to keep the Furthur Forum. I feel safest and happiest on the DSO site and it feels like home. I don't want to be forced to talk/read about Furthur elsewhere (or not at all).

I believe in unlimited abundance, and that there is room for all of us/them here. One band's existence doesn't take away from the other's, rather these are synergistic parts of a larger whole. Together they are each made more meaningful. We are family, after all! Can we please love one another?

I vote to keep the Furthur Forum. I feel safest and happiest on the DSO site and it feels like home. I don't want to be forced to talk/read about Furthur elsewhere (or not at all).

I believe in unlimited abundance, and that there is room for all of us/them here. One band's existence doesn't take away from the other's, rather these are synergistic parts of a larger whole. Together they are each made more meaningful. We are family, after all! Can we please love one another?

I love you Robin! If i turns out we can't commune here we'll do it elsewhere but I wholeheartedly agree that I prefer this zone.....For me tonight from MOTM on was excellent!...That version of Mts was sick!...exploratory, and exquisite at times...(((((((JK)))))))...That was a "thick, honey dripping" Slipknot! and the Cassidy just followed along with the band locked in at that point..my ride home through a torrential downpour was challenging but 1-22-78 got me home....

Who is saying get rid of the Furthur forum?? That would be a childish , bullshit, and seemingly political move. (one i would not support)

Who is saying get rid of the Furthur forum?? That would be a childish , bullshit, and seemingly political move. (one i would not support)

Boy..I don't really agree that it is that cut and dry...to me it's a tough call. Band members have mentioned that there is no chance of John ever returning to DSO.....

For the sake of expediency it's nice for me because I follow both vehicles (furthur and DSO)..

But as a practical matter, not sure if I was on the DSO team I would want half of hits that come to their Web site coming from those interested in furthur Updates..I'm happy that it' here but FURTHUR should definately get their own thing going..simialr to DSO, Ratdog, etc..Both Bob and Phil historically have been awful with respect to creating "official forums"..

To me, while I like it, it would be a reasonable thing to remove it. I strongly disagree that it would be childis, bullshit and political. That's ridiculous..

Boy..I don't really agree that it is that cut and dry...to me it's a tough call. Band members have mentioned that there is no chance of John ever returning to DSO.....

For the sake of expediency it's nice for me because I follow both vehicles (furthur and DSO)..

But as a practical matter, not sure if I was on the DSO team I would want half of hits that come to their Web site coming from those interested in furthur Updates..I'm happy that it' here but FURTHUR should definately get their own thing going..simialr to DSO, Ratdog, etc..Both Bob and Phil historically have been awful with respect to creating "official forums"..

To me, while I like it, it would be a reasonable thing to remove it. I strongly disagree that it would be childis, bullshit and political. That's ridiculous..

I would have to agree..If we could find another vehical,We should...

Let me know where to go.....

• Forum MVP

Is Mountains something Phil has done/been doing with Phil & Friends? Or is this a bust out for him? I have NOT followed the Friends over the years. And I have certainly not followed Ratdog, so Two Djinn is a new one for me. I like the opening line about "the road in West Marin" though!

phil was singing "mountains of the moon" during Other Ones 1998, and if i ain't mistaken, i think he played it 1st post-Jerry Phil & Friends show...{along with wild horses, which would be kinda kewl, off topic mostly}...i DO dig Phil singing "Mtns..." FOR SURE...

phil was singing "mountains of the moon" during Other Ones 1998, and if i ain't mistaken, i think he played it 1st post-Jerry Phil & Friends show...{along with wild horses, which would be kinda kewl, off topic mostly}...i DO dig Phil singing "Mtns..." FOR SURE...

I would love to hear that MOTM from last night again...It was something special...truly gorgeous..Russo was ON last night...so was the whole band...

Since someone asked me privately, my post about the Furthur Forum was in response to this in DSO Reviews, Why Oh Why thread, page 4:

From Taper Ron:

Group: Root Admin

Member No.: 19

"To be honest I have never liked having the Furthur subforum. I feel this site is for DSO. The only reason I made it was to keep the General Discussion area free for DSO content. I have hoped that after the new wore off it would decrease in activity.

I'll be glad to take it down."

Just a Little Light was crazy, crazy good by JK! I love how John can bring me back to old, familiar feelings of the Grateful Dead, in this case, Brent, without eliciting nostalgia or sorry, just JOY!

Having been at all the rehearsal shows, No More Do I and Peaceful Valley were more polished and developed. Very well played and moving. It was an honor to witness the birth of these and watch/hear them grow, (as it is with this band)!

I love you Robin! If i turns out we can't commune here we'll do it elsewhere but I wholeheartedly agree that I prefer this zone.....For me tonight from MOTM on was excellent!...That version of Mts was sick!...exploratory, and exquisite at times...(((((((JK)))))))...That was a "thick, honey dripping" Slipknot! and the Cassidy just followed along with the band locked in at that point..my ride home through a torrential downpour was challenging but 1-22-78 got me home....

Glad you made it home safe and sound! I'm sending the love back at ya! Will we see you tonight?

Only if that magic red button graces my screen at some point today :(

Do you believe in miracles? I hope you get one!

Keep this in mind, too, for Saturday night:

JGB featuring Melvin Seals and Stu Allen

Saturday, Jan 16 8:30p

at Hopmonk Tavern, Sebastopol, CA

Doors open at 8:00 PM

Glad you made it home safe and sound! I'm sending the love back at ya! Will we see you tonight?

This system of putting up tickets at completely unpredictable times must have been devised by a completely sadistic individual!!

Not only do they keep you hitting that damn refresh button for days on end, but on the rare occasion you get your hopes up and think you can buy a ticket, they tell you that the requested ticket number (one is the only choice) is not available. Then you spend the next five minutes in vane typing in those two security numbers. I'm kind of glad today is the end of the run! LOL!!!!

Got to see three shows, so I can't complain. However, would have really liked to see the band in the Masonic to compare the experence. Maybe next time--if there is a next time.

Update: They just did it again at about 12:30. After entering the words about 50 times, I got....

Nothing

Do you believe in miracles? I hope you get one!

Keep this in mind, too, for Saturday night:

JGB featuring Melvin Seals and Stu Allen

Saturday, Jan 16 8:30p

at Hopmonk Tavern, Sebastopol, CA

Doors open at 8:00 PM

YESS!! Thx Robin...I'm in!

Congratulations!!!!!!

I was trying at the same time and got zip. You have to wonder if they release one ticket at at time for all of us to fight after? I'm thinking that you might have gotten the very last one. ENJOY!!!

I was also able to grab one, Neutrino, and called a friend for her cc info, so she is in and totally stoked!!! I was already taken care of. It is an adrenalin rush to actually get all the way through to the checkout with these randomly appearing red buttons.

Sorry it didn't work out for you this time :( . I've spent a lot of time refreshing myself these past few weeks, and know how frustrating it can be!

I was also able to grab one, Neutrino, and called a friend for her cc info, so she is in and totally stoked!!! I was already taken care of. It is an adrenalin rush to actually get all the way through to the checkout with these randomly appearing red buttons.

Sorry it didn't work out for you this time :( . I've spent a lot of time refreshing myself these past few weeks, and know how frustrating it can be!

Hey Robin,

You are definitely very good to your friends!!! :cheers:

Glad it worked out so nicely.

I have no complaints. Saw Sunday/Thursday/Sunday and they were all really great shows!! I suspect this will happen again in the future unless the city of Mill Valley has had too many complaints.

Enjoy this last show of the run!!

YOu know Muddy , I could care less what you think. .YOur posts usually bug the hell out of me.

YOu know Muddy , I could care less what you think. .YOur posts usually bug the hell out of me.

Fair enough. But just trying to present or more reasoned analysis not of the knee jerk variety.

Your recent post on Taper Rons clean up page is a major tell. Stating "The Only Reason any of us are Here is because of John"

Frankly I think that's a bit insulting to the rest of the band.

And no one is a bigger fan of John than myself.

I'll continue to post regardless if it bugs you or not.

Archived