Dark Star Orchestra

Guest deadheadmike

• Forum MVP
Been far to long since my last ventunre out west.... wait I was in Oaklad a few months ago for Furthur, BUT, I'm way over due for a DSO west coast run....

Lookin forward to seeing what Stu brings to the table... LOVED JM, so let's see what Stu can whip up...

More than welcome out West, I have seat right next to me.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are still a few that are being filled in... Look for:

04/13/10 Mystic Theater, Petaluma CA

04/14/10 Mystic Theater, Petaluma CA

The Mystic Theatre has these shows on their calendar now!!! Hooray!

Time to update the Tour Dates page, please. Thank you!

Guest deadheadmike

Was just checking flights to the west coast for the tour ... got plenty of miles saved for a couple freebies and no blackouts during the last couple weeks of April and the first week of May , " Life may be sweeter for this " ...

• Forum MVP

looks like the Boulder weekend is out for me... my parents are coming into Las Vegas that weekend...

but still have sights on Portland/Seattle... love that part of the country.... fly into Portland and rent a car for the beautiful drive up to Seattle...

San Fran is still 50/50

But for sure the quick 4 hour drive to So Cal for the Solana Beach shows are a given..

also still waiting for a mid week Las Vegas show to be posted...

• Forum MVP
looks like the Boulder weekend is out for me... my parents are coming into Las Vegas that weekend...

but still have sights on Portland/Seattle... love that part of the country.... fly into Portland and rent a car for the beautiful drive up to Seattle...

San Fran is still 50/50

But for sure the quick 4 hour drive to So Cal for the Solana Beach shows are a given..

also still waiting for a mid week Las Vegas show to be posted...

I'm good with Las Vegas being any day of the week. It will be nice waiting six months since the last show rather than three years... :D

Guest deadheadmike

Vegas on the 27th gives 2 days of travel time from the SF shows ... Lots to see between SF and Vegas - Yosemite , Sequoia and Death Valley in that order would be fun stops on the ride to Vegas ...

• Forum MVP

April 27, 2010...

250px-Leaning_tower_of_pisa_2.jpg

Vegas on the 27th gives 2 days of travel time from the SF shows ... Lots to see between SF and Vegas - Yosemite , Sequoia and Death Valley in that order would be fun stops on the ride to Vegas ...

And it is an especially good time to see DV - that is spectacular in its slient grandeur. The others don't suck, either...

Guest deadheadmike
And it is an especially good time to see DV - that is spectacular in its slient grandeur. The others don't suck, either...

Stovepipe Wells DV about 2 hours north west of Vegas .

550_zabriskie-point-death-valley-ca-291.jpg

550_dunes-oasis-287.jpg

550_train-2237.jpg

Guest deadheadmike
Been there quite a few times...check out Ubehebe Crater and the singing rocks if you have time. Also Badwater just to say you've been there. Scotty's Castle is a trip, again if time permits...

Would be quite a nice little adventure between shows !!!

I hope and imagine we get more JGB tunes with Stu at the helm this Spring...

http://www.archive.org/details/jgb2009-10-23.mtx.flac

^^^^^This is a recording I made from Spookstock 2009 at Camp ZOE. There's a very good "Dear Prudence" on here...also a nice "Reuben and Cherise" encore...Oh yeah! "I saw her standing there" (pulp fiction song).

:)

enjoy!

Guest deadheadmike

^^^^^This is a recording I made from Spookstock 2009 at Camp ZOE. There's a very good "Dear Prudence" on here...also a nice "Reuben and Cherise" encore...Oh yeah! "I saw her standing there" (pulp fiction song).

enjoy!

Whenever I check out an archive and there is a " They Love Each Other " , its the first song I click on and listen to ... the same thing happens with "Comes A Time " ... I have absolutely no control over this , its like I'm possessed by these songs ... thankfully no "Comes A Time" on this one or I would have had an OCD breakdown trying to choose which song first ... your recording of this show is KILLER , AND the" Ruben And Cherise " is way more than nice , it fucken ROCKS ... Stu sounds GRATE !!!

• Forum MVP

"I Saw Her Standing There" is a Beatles song..

The Pulp Fiction song is "You Never Can Tell" by Chuck Berry

thanks for the recording ... nice

enjoy!

"I Saw Her Standing There" is a Beatles song..

The Pulp Fiction song is "You Never Can Tell" by Chuck Berry

thanks for the recording ... nice

:D Absolutely correct... Eh, it all rolls into one..."C'est La Vie", as they say. ;)

Thanks for the insight though, I actually didn't know "I Saw Her.." was a Beatles song...very cool.

• Forum MVP

"You Can Never Tell" threw me off at the JGB show last Saturday (in a good way). Then, upon reflection and research, I went and watched Pulp Fiction again. A masterpiece...and I'm still not afraid of needles, but that one comes close to doing the trick.

Archived