Drums>

The Other One>

Stella Blue>

Around and Around

Brokedown Palace

Filler

Golden Road

Another Sic Show.

One of my favorite shows. I am sure the boys/girl did it justice. Welcome back Dino!

Welcome back Dino

I'll say...the return of the Hometown Kid. I was very pleased to see both Dino and Rob back together for the St. Louis show..and they played their asses off with a lot of heart. I had an inkling that Dino might pick this venue to come back, and I had some concern that after living in the 70's in europe for the better part of a week..they would want to change things up completely and go late 80's or early 90's. Of course that would have been awesome, but I am a huge 70's guy partcularly 76 to Donna and Keith's departure in 79...Saw many shows in Chicago in 1978 at the age of 15 and 16..So having the opportunity to get transported in Sherman's way back machine..and go back to those transformative times for me is quite a treat. I was pretty confident that they would not do an original as Rob is pretty good about mixing things up.

For once I got to show on time and walked up to center stage right as they were about to begin. Rob announced that Mattson was sporting a new gutiar that he called the "Mattsoncaster"...It was a Powder Blue Strat ....very nice. He played it all night..It took me awhile to get my bearings as to what era I was in , simply because they opened up with "Deal" and in 78 at least it was always a first set closer.....So I had a momentary thought it might be an original..and then I got on the Clue Bus and figured out Barraco had no Mics...I knew I was doing some time traveling at that point back to the Carter Administraion....So with "Deal" I was dealt a pair of sevens as hole cards....I'm ALL IN....Schwing!!!!!

I'm pretty critical and the music and sound last night was fantastic. Jeff Mattson was very good. I had seen him with the Donna Band at Lucas School House but of course not with DSO yet. I was particularly impressed with his vocals.....When you have Roses, High Time, and Stella Blue on the docket..you best have an A game to do those songs justice. HighTime was a High Light. One of my favorites..the whole band killed on Stella as well..Block highlights of the show for me were Deal through Jack-A-Roo and LL through Music...In the second set post drums through the Encore.. Not sure how aware the Band is of the love for Johnnie Johnson in this town..but the Around and Around tore the roof of the joint and Mr. Barraco was chanelling Johnnie Johnson (Hah..at least for me)..it was a special nod to St. Louis..One thing I will say about DSO..Very Professiional..these guys never phone it in..and as fans we are very appreciative of that fact..

Interesting tidbit to last night show was I saw Stu Allen at the gig....

Outstanding show last night in the Loop! Jeff is da man! My third time seeing him perform live (other times KDHX studios & Lucas School House both w/ Donna). Every song was played to perfection! DSO was sounding tight last night...one of the best performances I've seen in St. Louis, and I've seen 'em all. DSO kicked in the turbo charge at the Pageant! Nothing against John, but I think Jeff takes 'em to the next level, imho. I hope Jeff isn't gone too long from the band. The band sounds more jammy with Jeff.

Nice to hear a '77 show! Highlights for me were Jack-a-Roe, Roses, High Time, Ship of Fools, Drums, Stella Blue> Around and Around. Always grate to hear a Chuck Berry song in his hometown (I can't wait for CB's sold out show at the Pageant 3-27-10). Like Muddy Waters said in his above post, Johnnie Johnson vibes during Around 2....the roof came off the Pageant and the doors flew back! I also dug the Golden Road filler.

I have to give a shout out to my phriends Alvin & June for hooking me up with some awesome seats. Many thanks to you!

Good vibes from the crowd. Who was making that college chant - like they do before the kickoff of a football game - in between one of the songs at the end of set 2? That was pretty cool!

Side note to who Muddy Waters saw at the show...I spotted St. Louis Grateful Dead cover band members Dave Casper and Lee Kram (Jake's Leg), Jimmy Tebeau (The Schwag) and his beautiful wife Tiffany. Grate to see Jimmy shaking his bones at the show!

• Forum MVP

WIth some trepedation I went to see my first DSO show without John....thats 102 shows and 11 years

In a way I felt like it was the first time my friends "forced me" to me that fist show in Louisville 1/99....

Also, in a way, I left in the usual awe I have come acustomed to by this band.

It still is my daughter's daddies GD music!! I was not at this original show but it was 2 weeks after that night Palladium I got on that bus.

Jeff can hang and more.....

Looking foward to enjoying the ride DSO provides.

Great to see Connie, Gary and his camera's.......

Oh yea, did I say the show rocked....of course you new that.

Archived