Naveta Festival...

VincentPuleo

• Forum MVP

I have never been to a camping festival... I was never to psyched on places like West Virginia or going to Tennessee with thousands upon thousands of people but this Maine festival sounds awesome..

July 2nd-4th; the line up includes... (there are some others)..

Moe.

Lotus

Keller Williams

Moonalice

Furthur

Furthur is the main band playing on the fourth of July which is perfect... wish DSO was there of course but I know Maine will be a better environment for camping than All Good...

has anybody been to this festival or thinking of going?..

it will be fun!..

gd-80s-garcia-lesh-02.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest deadheadmike

This thread IMHO is in the wrong section of the forum and to a degree in poor taste being on this forum at all ... the Nateva festival IMHO is in direct competition with Gratefulfest ... DSO is HEADLINING GRATEFULFEST !!!

i haven't been to naveta, but i've been to many festivals. that's the same weekend as grateful fest. 3 nights of dso and many other wonderful bands. it's the best venue and best festival i've been to, i recommend it highly. as thrilled as i've been with what's going on with furthur, i'd pick a festival with dso any day. that's how i usually choose which festivals i go to, is dso playing?

what the heck is phil doing with his hand?

• Forum MVP

This thread IMHO is in the wrong section of the forum and to a degree in poor taste being on this forum at all ... the Nateva festival IMHO is in direct competition with Gratefulfest ... DSO is HEADLINING GRATEFULFEST !!!

lighten up francis

:D

• Forum MVP

I gotta agree with you on this one. I love Furthur and all but I'm gonna be at the ledges this July 4th weekend.

This should be in other bands at least. What other festivals are going on that same weekend?

• Forum MVP

whooooaaa..

I am genuinely sorry. I can honestly say I had no idea there was anything wrong with this... simply just wondering if people had heard of it, knew what it was like, and if anyone was attending this summer!..

You guys have to understand there is no competition with DSO and Furthur in my mind. So it's harder for me to realize these things. I will equally do what ever I can to see them both as many times as I can.. I cannot get all the way to Ohio though. I will be seeing DSO twice the month before. Maine is just somewhere I know I can get to and I really would like to camp at a festival since it is something I have never done..

TR, you can move this..

• Forum MVP

whooooaaa..

I am genuinely sorry. I can honestly say I had no idea there was anything wrong with this... simply just wondering if people had heard of it, knew what it was like, and if anyone was attending this summer!..

You guys have to understand there is no competition with DSO and Furthur in my mind. So it's harder for me to realize these things. I will equally do what ever I can to see them both as many times as I can.. I cannot get all the way to Ohio though. I will be seeing DSO twice the month before. Maine is just somewhere I know I can get to and I really would like to camp at a festival since it is something I have never done..

TR, you can move this..

I agree in the sense that as musical units, there shouldn't be a "competition." They approach GD music in different ways and both are doing great, a very exciting time for this young deadhead as i'm sure it so for most other people on the board. I too will do my best to see both as many times as possible, but my heart is definitely in Gratefulfest.

But on the festival circuit, business is business. Being that Gratefulfest and Naveta festival are on the same weekend, it sort of rocks the boat a bit on a DSO board. I certainly don't think your post was malicious at all, but it may have shown a lack of consideration or respect for DSO because I'm sure Gratefulfest is a big deal for everyone in the band (but i don't mean to speak for the band, just my opinion.) All in all, you're just very enthusiastic about GD music and you try to share your joy whenever possible, and thats what matters in the end.

I'll be going to this fest as it's local to me and gratefulfest isn't. I went to the '88 shows with two of my brothers. These were the only shows we ever saw together and I still smile when I think about it.

Gratefulfest was on my radar for this year but like most people I'm limited by time and money so decisions must be made! Hopefully next years g-fest will be an easy decision without conflicting schedules.

• Forum MVP
local to me and gratefulfest isn't

I guess you must've moved since last I visited you.

:D

Same in reverse for me would love to go to Oxford but too far.

Have fun and may the groundscores be yours!

• Forum MVP

Take the drive to grateful fest Vicent ,even if its not in your backyard ,there is no festival in the world like it & alot of the bullshit that happins today at these bigger festivals is usally out of the question at grateful fest .The greastest little festival on the face of the earth!

• Forum MVP

Maine is still an eight hour drive.. but the person who is driving me cannot go all the way to Ohio... this summer. However, I will make it to Grateful Fest sooner than later. All that bad stuff you speak is what I wanted to avoid. I know it is more common with things like Bonaroo and All Good where there are thousands of people... I am confident the Maine Festival will be similar to Grateful Fest in that there will not be that many people and it is surrounded by forest.

The only downside is no DSO!..

who else plays Grateful Fest besides Dark Star?

• Forum MVP

Go to Gratefulfest. If you really love this music, want to be apart of this community, and have the best fucking weekend of your life, go to Gratefulfest.

Rothbury had a stacked line up last year. Same weekend as G-fest. No brainer. Go to the Ledges. The ledges is something special and I highly recommend adjusting your travel schedule to make it.

That being said, to answer your question, I have never camped or been to Maine so I don't have much to offer there.

6 sets Dead > 2 sets Dead

Go to Gratefulfest.

Or wait, I want dance space and room to camp. Don't go

You guys have to understand there is no competition with DSO and Furthur in my mind. So it's harder for me to realize these things.

Vincent,

I'm not sure how you consider there is no competition between the 2 bands....Aren't they both competing for the same dollars from the same fans of Grateful Dead music?

Even if a neverending supply of $$$ was @ your disposal, They still are competing for a more precious commodity....TIME !

We all now it's virtually impossible to catch every show that we'd love to see(due to time constraints or $$$)!

In any event , enjoy yourself in Maine-Most of us will be dancin' elsewhere that weekend!

:dsorocks:

Peace,

Rob

• Forum MVP

I'm not sure.. I just don't see it that way. DSO is doing their thing and Furthur is doing theirs and it is all sprouted from the amazing entity that is Grateful Dead. One band isn't listening to another bands shows to find what they can do to have this better than that... I still don't see it...

I think that just because John is in Furthur it is easier to look at it as "competition" but no one was saying this when the Dead toured last spring...

put it this way... I will be seeing Dark Star Orchestra more this year than I did last year before Furthur really existed.

Vincent,

I'm not sure how you consider there is no competition between the 2 bands....Aren't they both competing for the same dollars from the same fans of Grateful Dead music?

Even if a neverending supply of $$$ was @ your disposal, They still are competing for a more precious commodity....TIME !

We all now it's virtually impossible to catch every show that we'd love to see(due to time constraints or $$$)!

In any event , enjoy yourself in Maine-Most of us will be dancin' elsewhere that weekend!

:dsorocks:

Peace,

Rob

There is NO COMPETITION in my book.There are original members of the GRATEFUL DEAD or people that imitate the real mambers.???NO BRAINER!!!!These guys DSO will be here long after the REAL members.Say what you like but time is short for FURTHUR,like I said NO BRAINER!!!!Plus JK will be there.

• Forum MVP

Maine is still an eight hour drive.. but the person who is driving me cannot go all the way to Ohio... this summer. However, I will make it to Grateful Fest sooner than later. All that bad stuff you speak is what I wanted to avoid. I know it is more common with things like Bonaroo and All Good where there are thousands of people... I am confident the Maine Festival will be similar to Grateful Fest in that there will not be that many people and it is surrounded by forest.

The only downside is no DSO!..

who else plays Grateful Fest besides Dark Star?

I'm gonna be driving to Gratefulfest from NJ, if you decide to opt out of Naveta, I'm sure me and my amigos could squeeze you in. Whereabouts in NJ are you? If i remember correctly, i think the drive to Ohio is about 7 hours including short stops for food, gas, and bathrooms.

Gratefulfest is the best place/event ever. 6 sets of high-quality GD music. Great people, great environment, awesome food. Everything is kick ass there.

• Forum MVP

You live right next to Summit and New Providence? That's where my parents grew up, my grandparents still live there. So close to me, 30 minutes.

I'll definitely be at the Wellmont. I want to go to the Brooklyn show, but not sure i got buds to go with. Also looking into Westbury and Mountain Jam. We shall see...

Archived