Naveta Festival...

VincentPuleo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Oh yes, I know you weren't... I was just yappin'...

and I understand the comfort zone thing mike.. I was just replying to all who are only looking for the dark side of Furthur when really there is no dark side. If Jill Lesh had bad intentions that is fine and unless someone talked to Phil personally it may be beyond our understanding...

but when you see Phil and Bobby looking at JK with pure love! and when you see Jeff Mattson make a venue lift off the ground with DSO!

you know everything is all good on both sides of the spectrum..

QFT! I came to that complete realization last night at the show. Listening to the products that DSO has come out with Jeff, I see NOTHING but AWESOMENESS from BOTH bands. I think everyone in both bands has come to terms with what is going on and has moved into the NOW! As have I!

Plus, politics always suck. I don't play favorites. I have equal love for both bands, and believe me, it's a lot of love. I'm there for the music, not politics. At this point in the game, I couldn't care less about the means of how both bands got where they were. As a fan, I find it my duty to give my undying support and love to both bands. Let's just get back to basics and K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid), lets enjoy the music and dance.

My sentiment and the point that I'm trying to make is that however long Furthur lasts, GD tribute bands will be around longer. :cheers:

:dsorocks: and makes great music but only because Phil and Bobby made it first.

Really I was put off by the lack of perspective I see in posts like this one below... this really put me off and I overreacted to yours as a result only because it was more recent.

:blink: Last time I checked the Warlocks formed in Dana Morgan's music store a bit more than 12 years ago. :lol:

Rusty,

Man it's all good!

It's nice to see someone mention Good Old Grateful Dead History,Because that's the root of all this great music that has brought us all together to in the first place! I'm sure it took a driving force like Garcia to keep the whole thing together through thick & thin! He definately put the GD first(obviously before his health or any other considerations!)

It's amazing that Phil& Bobby are even playing together ,taking into account Phil's early desire to have Bobby ousted from the band(Pigpen/TC era)!

What a incredible journey it has been through GD history!

I just keep checking this thread to see if AndDave(You Are Here) Ever explains his prior post what was that fancy word he used? Oh never mind ...It didn't apply to the bands anyway!

See Ya' in Atlantic City,

Rob

Jimo, This band and all discussions of it have been relegated to this corner of the forum. I personally have no problem discussing Furthur here amongst friends and feel that if one doesn't want to discuss it then they simply need not open this thread. Much like a radio station, If you don't like it you can change the channel.

I don't need to profess my support of one band over another and feel very much that I'll attend whatever show works best for me and my situation. Both DSO and Furthur are playing the music I love.

Just stating my opinion and I hear yours as well. To each his own.

Keep on keepin on.

Guest Lisacat

Hey Mike - clean or not, I'd be proud to cut a rug with the noble critter at a show!

3149132916_5c2081fd01.jpg

beagles are the best :) I was feeding mine avocado tonight. They eat anything.

Guest deadheadmike

Hey Mike - clean or not, I'd be proud to cut a rug with the noble critter at a show!

3149132916_5c2081fd01.jpg

She could use the workout , Chuck ... she is a wee little bit on the chunky side :P

Guest deadheadmike

beagles are the best :) I was feeding mine avocado tonight. They eat anything.

and they would eat till they pop ... they are great little dogs , and as cute and sweet as they come !!! :)

• Forum MVP

I'm planning on going to Gratefulfest. I've been going since 2005.

As long as I am able (the only thing that may affect attendance is my responsibilities as a father), I'll go to Gfest. I'm planning on going to nlqp at least 3 times this year.

There ain't no place I'd rather be.

My personal choice: if DSO and Furthur are playing in two separate venues 20 miles away from my house, I'd go see DSO.

My opinion: The JK departure is still a sour issue. There are people on this board that know the specifics on how it went down and every now and then, you see a comment about it.

I don't know how it went down so don't ask me. Based on this, I feel every time someone prefers to go to see Furthur over DSO (when its possible someone can make either show) and posts it on DSO forum, its a slap in the face to DSO. This is just my opinion.

I understand some people will go to a certain festival over others based on where they live. Just be mindful you are at dsoforums.net and explain your reasons ahead of time

before someone takes your post as offensive to DSO.

Peace.

I would have to disagree with this statement. I have posted several time about going to Furthur shows the same weekend as DSO shows. They are both currently on tour. I don't think my choice to go see Furthur really instead of them on one particular weekend is a slap to the face of anyone. I have seen DSO over a 100 times and I think that the members of the band and those in this community are well aware of my love for DSO and feel assured in my continued support.

Maybe those that only go to 10 shows a year or something this would be a big deal and hurt feelings, but I doubt it.

DSO knows they can count on their loyal fans to make it many many of there shows this year.

I guess those only posting about and going to Furthur could be a different story, but I don't think anyone should feel slapped in the face by someone they don't know.

Just my 2 c's

Rusty,

Man it's all good!

It's nice to see someone mention Good Old Grateful Dead History,Because that's the root of all this great music that has brought us all together to in the first place! I'm sure it took a driving force like Garcia to keep the whole thing together through thick & thin! He definately put the GD first(obviously before his health or any other considerations!)

It's amazing that Phil& Bobby are even playing together ,taking into account Phil's early desire to have Bobby ousted from the band(Pigpen/TC era)!

What a incredible journey it has been through GD history!

I just keep checking this thread to see if AndDave(You Are Here) Ever explains his prior post what was that fancy word he used? Oh never mind ...It didn't apply to the bands anyway!

See Ya' in Atlantic City,

Rob

Glad to see you know your GD history as well!

I bet they got past that rift a very long time ago... that event helped spur Bobby to change from an ordinary barre-chord pounding guitarist to one of the most interesting and unique rhythm guitarrists in history.

Funny story about that in my real life... I was new in town and in a power trio playing a variety of obsure songs and going nowhere. The guitarrist decided we needed a keyboard player so we tried out this girl. I thought she was cute and seemed cool but I wasn't blown away by her playing and didn't feel she had the experience to get us out of the practice room, and didn't want to hire her. Thankfully I got outvoted.. she grew into the role and became my girlfriend.... we've lived and played music together happily for 9 years now.

I'm planning on going to Gratefulfest. I've been going since 2005.

As long as I am able (the only thing that may affect attendance is my responsibilities as a father), I'll go to Gfest. I'm planning on going to nlqp at least 3 times this year.

There ain't no place I'd rather be.

My personal choice: if DSO and Furthur are playing in two separate venues 20 miles away from my house, I'd go see DSO.

My opinion: The JK departure is still a sour issue. There are people on this board that know the specifics on how it went down and every now and then, you see a comment about it.

I don't know how it went down so don't ask me. Based on this, I feel every time someone prefers to go to see Furthur over DSO (when its possible someone can make either show) and posts it on DSO forum, its a slap in the face to DSO. This is just my opinion.

I understand some people will go to a certain festival over others based on where they live. Just be mindful you are at dsoforums.net and explain your reasons ahead of time

before someone takes your post as offensive to DSO.

Peace.

The members of DSO have devoted their lives to playing the music of the GD. The constant stream of insults and proofless accusations hurled at a key member of that band are also a slap in the face of DSO in my opinion, regardless of what board they're posted on.

I would have to disagree with this statement. I have posted several time about going to Furthur shows the same weekend as DSO shows. They are both currently on tour. I don't think my choice to go see Furthur really instead of them on one particular weekend is a slap to the face of anyone. I have seen DSO over a 100 times and I think that the members of the band and those in this community are well aware of my love for DSO and feel assured in my continued support.

Maybe those that only go to 10 shows a year or something this would be a big deal and hurt feelings, but I doubt it.

DSO knows they can count on their loyal fans to make it many many of there shows this year.

I guess those only posting about and going to Furthur could be a different story, but I don't think anyone should feel slapped in the face by someone they don't know.

Just my 2 c's

I respect your 2 c's.

Peace.

The members of DSO have devoted their lives to playing the music of the GD. The constant stream of insults and proofless accusations hurled at a key member of that band are also a slap in the face of DSO in my opinion, regardless of what board they're posted on.

I respect your opinion.

Peace

Ever explains his prior post what was that fancy word he used? Oh never mind ...It didn't apply to the bands anyway!

regarding coopetition i was being a little glib.

wikipedia's definition is overly strict imo

regarding furthur and dso they look like competing businesses on paper but their musical approaches are (to many of us) complementary in that we are interested in what both are doing. They (whether intentionally or not) cooperate to provide us with twice as much of "our" music as we had last year.

...and Vincent is wise!

anddave, on 24 February 2010 - 04:27 PM, said:

regarding coopetition i was being a little glib.

wikipedia's definition is overly strict imo

regarding furthur and dso they look like competing businesses on paper but their musical approaches are (to many of us) complementary in that we are interested in what both are doing. They (whether intentionally or not) cooperate to provide us with twice as much of "our" music as we had last year.

************ Thanks for clarifying things for me....

So, it just seems like they are both vying for Deadheads ticket/merchandise sales($$$),When in reality all they really are concerned about is working together to put more GD music out there for the public to enjoy!

Thanks for straightening me out on this ...I used to think Nike & Rebock were in competion for sales(profit),never considering it may be a coopetition relationship where their only concerns are provide high quality footwear for all the atheletes in the world!

Ya' gotta be kidding me.....I heard of wearing rose colored glasses, but some around here are wearing blinders! There's nothing wrong with working your ass off (touring) & making money along the way....Why is that concept so hard to accept?The byproduct is spreading GD music to the masses-IMHO it ain't the other way around!

Well I've certainally commented enough on this topic & you are all entitled to you own opinion!

Hoping all the music continues to flow from both bands,

Rob

• Forum MVP

anddave, on 24 February 2010 - 04:27 PM, said:

So, it just seems like they are both vying for Deadheads ticket/merchandise sales($$$),When in reality all they really are concerned about is working together to put more GD music out there for the public to enjoy!

Rob

haha, I don't think anyone was saying that... just trying to say it is all good on both ends and all is normal... just as it was last year when the Dead was touring... DSO was also touring, It's just happening...

DSO in may... Furthur in July

psyched.

• Forum MVP

haha, I don't think anyone was saying that... just trying to say it is all good on both ends and all is normal... just as it was last year when the Dead was touring... DSO was also touring, It's just happening...

DSO in may... Furthur in July

psyched.

I love your positivity. I happen to agree with most of what your saying, but DSO may and Furthur July doesn't make any sense for you. Be honest, 2 or 3 DSO shows and one Furthur festival. It is by no means the whole month. What about DSO April. Stu may only get one tour.

• Forum MVP

Rick, I love you dedication to touring... I would be at literally every show if I could but I am at college until May 9th... I will be at the Wellmont and Westbury for DSO and Maine for Furthur at the Naveta Festival... and in addition to that any show I can make in the moment... the ones I am not aware of now.

I only said in May and July just because that is when the shows are, I didn't mean all of May or July haha..

• Forum MVP

Rick, I love you dedication to touring... I would be at literally every show if I could but I am at college until May 9th... I will be at the Wellmont and Westbury for DSO and Maine for Furthur at the Naveta Festival... and in addition to that any show I can make in the moment... the ones I am not aware of now.

I only said in May and July just because that is when the shows are, I didn't mean all of May or July haha..

I'm a full time student at Georgetown University. I certainly wouldn't let school stop me from making it to more shows. You should come on tour with DSO in late May and June. Do the whole thing, not just a few shows. I'm just saying; you might really like it.

• Forum MVP

I'm a full time student at Georgetown University. I certainly wouldn't let school stop me from making it to more shows. You should come on tour with DSO in late May and June. Do the whole thing, not just a few shows. I'm just saying; you might really like it.

I'm going to attempt to make to many in May and June actually... but during school I unfortunately have to since I'd be missing it to go...

Where are they headed after Wellmont in may?

• Forum MVP

I'm going to attempt to make to many in May and June actually... but during school I unfortunately have to since I'd be missing it to go...

Where are they headed after Wellmont in may?

Well.. I will be picking it up at the start of the tour and riding through Hampton Beach. Philly is only a show or two before you want to start. That would give you a nice 8 or 9 show run.

• Forum MVP

As a deadhead, I always put school first. It's the responsible thing to do in my opinion.

I would love to spend all my time and money on touring but thats not the hand I was dealt.

I've only got a few priorities in life. School, Grateful Dead Music, Guitar/Banjo/and other musical projects, and work. It's what makes the world go round. When I graduate in a year though, I think I'm going to take the summer off and do it up GD style.

Always live by, "different strokes for different folks," "be here now," "keep it simple stupid"

Archived