03/01/2010 Soul Kitchen, Mobile, Al

Tea

• Forum MVP

Let me sleep all night in your soul kitchen.....warm my mind near your gentle stove. Oh wait, this is not a Doors Forum.

Anyone have a setlist to report from the great state of AL? Peace.

• Forum MVP

At this point...I don't think there'd be complete shock at this one...

03-01-69 Fillmore West, San Francisco, Ca. (Sat)

1: Cryptical> Other One> Cryptical> New Potato Caboose> Doin That Rag> Cosmic Charlie

2: Dupree's> Mountains Of The Moon, Dark Star> St. Stephen> The Eleven> Lovelight E: Hey Jude

Mild shock maybe.

• Forum MVP

12-18-73 Curtis Hixon Convention Hall, Tampa, Fl. (Tue)

1: Tennessee Jed, Me & My Uncle, Don't Ease, L. L. Rain, TLEO, Bobby McGee, B. E. Women, BIODTL> Peggy-O, El Paso, Deal, Jack Straw, China Cat> I Know You Rider

2: Promised> Bertha> Greatest, Row Jimmy, WRS Prelude> WRS Part 1> Let It Grow> Dark Star> Drums> Eyes> Wharf Rat> Sugar Magnolia E: Uncle John

Eaton lent his DATS to Miller a year ago of this two pack in Tampa.

• Forum MVP

1: Tennessee Jed, Me & My Uncle, Don't Ease, L. L. Rain, TLEO, Bobby McGee, B. E. Women, BIODTL> Peggy-O, El Paso, Deal, Jack Straw, China Cat> I Know You Rider

2: Promised> Bertha> Greatest, Row Jimmy, WRS Prelude> WRS Part 1> Let It Grow> Dark Star> Drums> Eyes> Wharf Rat> Sugar Magnolia E: Uncle John

Eaton lent his DATS to Miller a year ago of this two pack in Tampa.

Now that's my kind of show. Didn't know that they ever played peggy-0 in 73...

• Forum MVP

Didn't know that they ever played peggy-0 in 73...

december 73 was it's debut, only 3 of them, 12.10.73 in Charlotte(which is a sick show, first split Mags,split it with GDTRFB), then Atlanta, then this one in Tampa

we danced to this show {GD dance in Santa Cruz} a year or so ago...absolutely friggen incredible !!! after the dance the commonality of sentiment was: "can you believe the Dead came to town and layed this smackdown on Tampa?!"

• Forum MVP

december 73 was it's debut, only 3 of them, 12.10.73 in Charlotte(which is a sick show, first split Mags,split it with GDTRFB), then Atlanta, then this one in Tampa

That Charlotte show was my freshman year in college, and we didn't know what that song was...a nice debut, then on to ATL. You know, Tor - teach your children well...laugh.gif

Had a great time the other night, couldn't have asked for a better set. Dark Star> Drums>EOTW. WOW! This was my first time seeing DSO, and what a great time, especially since I never got to catch the Dead. The guys came back on after the encore and played "Let it Rock" (In the heat of the day down in Mobile, Alabama, Workin' on the railroad with the steel drivin' hammer). Crowd wasn't a big turn out, but that is probably due to it being on a Monday night, and it was raining pretty bad before the show. Great time though! Hopefully some tapes show up.

• Forum MVP

That Charlotte show was my freshman year in college, and we didn't know what that song was...a nice debut, then on to ATL. You know, Tor - teach your children well...laugh.gif

Chuck, you're waaayy too young to have been in college in '73!!! :P

Archived