Furthur

Guest deadheadmike

Guest deadheadmike

:580: so here is the thread you were so concerned with Sister Bluebird ... feel free to print up enough copies of it to wall paper a room so you can relive each and every word of it whenever you enter that room ... enjoy it , I donate it to you and hope it is everything you had hoped for...

. whatever and whoever you may be , please enjoy the living shit out of it this akashic record ...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Devoted

good idea... should help with the bandwidth problem..

Now I've seen everything.

You want to hear some good ideas kid?

The bandwidth would be cut down by about 80% if you didn't wet your diaper every time Furthur took a crap.

You have given new meaning to the concept of "Poster child", or maybe you should just join the Furthur Booster club.

The volume of Furthur posts you spew would make even Phil and Jill puke. Save your cheerleading for your high school pep squad.

Before you post just ask yourself, "Does this post have anything to do with DSO and why am I posting this on the DSO Forums?".

Like those ideas?

And ditch that ridiculous picture of Bob you use as your avatar. You're not doing him any favors and it just shows what good taste you have.

Harry Callahan

SFPD

• Forum MVP

I think Furthur should be allowed but restricted to one topic and call the " Furthur Discussion Thread " ... post what ever you want in the furthur topic , start a new discussion , post set list but you can only post with in the Furthur Topic ... no starting a new topic or thread for everything Furthur issue at hand , just one continual thread ... One thread called Furthur and post all you want with in that one thread ... how does that sound ...

and the same could go for any other band posted ... all reo speed wagon subjects go in the reo speed wagon thread ...

one thread per band in the other bands forum and post whatever you want in that thread pertaining to that band ....

Why the need to control things? My suggestion is to take/read what you need and leave the rest.

We already went through a somewhat agonizing process to organize the boards in such a way that most people are happy.

I like the current arrangement, and I like being able to read specific threads, be they about furthur or other.

My suggestion is that we all relax and focus on the bounty at hand.

peace, reid.

The bandwidth would be cut down by about 80% if you didn't wet your diaper every time Furthur took a crap.

You have given new meaning to the concept of "Poster child", or maybe you should just join the Furthur Booster club.

The volume of Furthur posts you spew would make even Phil and Jill puke. Save your cheerleading for your high school pep squad.

Before you post just ask yourself, "Does this post have anything to do with DSO and why am I posting this on the DSO Forums?".

Like those ideas?

And ditch that ridiculous picture of Bob you use as your avatar. You're not doing him any favors and it just shows what good taste you have.

Harry Callahan

SFPD

Geez officer...one would think you'd be in a better mood with St. Paddy's Day officially commencing on the east coast!

• Forum MVP

Inspector,

In fairness to the young man, if you click on his profile there's a picture I've never seen of Garcia that's as good as it gets. But that Weir mug is indeed weak. ;)

Mike,

The single Furthur thread concept seems cumbersome and frankly a bit silly. But I know nothing of the behind the scenes nuts and bolts regarding the board. And for my opinion to have legitimacy, I suppose I should rectify having never donated to the site. I'll do that at work tomorrow.

• Forum MVP

there's a picture I've never seen of Garcia that's as good as it gets.

one of my favorites..

25564_375121626439_679636439_4363144_7155258_n.jpg

As for the detective's post.. I don't really know what to say. I was posting the lists as I enjoy following any shows Phil and Bob are playing... I figured it be worth posting them in this corner of the Grateful Dead internet world.. especially considering John is on stage with them. I sound repeated, but it's not Furthur advertising or being a "poster boy"... its for loving this music so much to the point that looking at a list of songs, reviews, and pictures of a show I wasn't at interests me.

see you at the NJ & NY DSO shows in May!..

• Forum MVP

one of my favorites..

As for the detective's post.. I don't really know what to say. I was posting the lists as I enjoy following any shows Phil and Bob are playing... I figured it be worth posting them in this corner of the Grateful Dead internet world.. especially considering John is on stage with them. I sound repeated, but it's not Furthur advertising or being a "poster boy"... its for loving this music so much to the point that looking at a list of songs, reviews, and pictures of a show I wasn't at interests me.

Vincent,

I have very much appreciated your posts the last few weeks, including the furthur set lists. You have caught your fair share of crap about some of your posts, and you are quite mature and measured in your responses to these folks. I really don't quite understand why certain people around here keep insisting that we need to choose sides......"IT"S EITHER furthur OR DSO.........whose side are you on??!!!"

Well, I'm not on either side. Why make this a problem rooted in duality when it's so much more fun (and less stressful) to enjoy the abundance of GRATEFUL DEAD music we have on our plate these days.

Relax people........there is no problem here that I can see.........just a sea of opportunity.

• Forum MVP

Bandwidth - think of it as renting space in a warehouse to store a certain amount of cargo and all of the sudden you start ramming more cargo in the warehouse than you have room for , you have to rent more space ... thats my take on it anyway ... I was informed about this by a very trustworthy person and the only who know these issues ... we had issues towards the end of last month , forum running slow , cant log on and crashing ... bandwidth usage doubled last month and extra needed to be purchased to keep the forum open and running ... the Furthur threads and post with all the over size pictures and amount of post played a big part in that ... that's what I know, that's what I'm telling you all and again this place does not run for free ... help out if you can :)

Mike, That's cool......thanks for filling me in on the techy side of things. I know little about websites and computers in general, so I defer to others more in the know.

I did kick in $$ to the site a few months back when TR put out a request. I will kick in more by the end of the year. I love this site.

regards, reid.

• Forum MVP

Inspector,

In fairness to the young man, if you click on his profile there's a picture I've never seen of Garcia that's as good as it gets.

Never seen that pic either...where'd you get that Vince??

As for the detective's post.. I don't really know what to say.

Don't let it get you down...the guy is actually a pretty fair dude. He just has to deal with these daily headaches at having to put up with some fairly incompetent bosses.

I think you caught him on a bad day.

Guest deadheadmike

Hey Vince , not for nothing , but Bob does look like shit in that picture ... I keep praying for the day someone ties his old ass down a cuts that fucken sasquatch from his face ... seriously !

one of my favorites..

Great photo...thoughtful Jerry... deep in a moment..with total reverence..spectacular really..thx...and keep on showing up...I'm seeing you as a stand up gent with no particular agenda and appreciate your enthusiasm :)

• Forum MVP

one of my favorites..

Vincent, I appreciate your posts too, but please lose the bobby avatar. It's terrible!!!!

• Forum MVP

Never seen that pic either...where'd you get that Vince??

I honestly cannot remember... I feel like I just stumbled upon it on the internet... I had it saved to my computer thankfully.

I actually think the Bobby's beard is a good look for him at this time of his life. It is time to change it though..

• Forum MVP

I have stayed out of this discussion but I feel I can't stay out anymore!!!

I have nothing against Furthur, I really don't. I am happy for John beyond words, he's living the dream. However, this is the DSO Forums. Started so many years ago to have a little place to talk and share stories about this band called Dark Star Orchestra. You see we needed this little space because anytime any of us even mentioned DSO on one of the "other" forums we get SLAMMED, FLAMED, and outright abused into leaving and never posting there again. The little page we had on DNC was it and we HAD to stay there. Then they kicked us off DNC, Taper Ron came to the rescue, and we carved out a little piece of Cyber-Space just for us, a safe place to talk about, to share about, to learn about....DARK STAR ORCHESTRA.

Yes, one of our own is now in Furthur and all of us feel a little tingle for him, but it doesn't change the fact that Phil has financial resources beyond any of us here and can easily start a first rate Furthur Forum. I would like to see the Furthur posts reduced, but not by limiting your right to speak, but by asking you, please, FIND ANOTHER PLACE FOR IT. I truly feel that Furthur discussions should be done on the Phil forums or the Ratdog forums, or even the Facebook Group I started back in July when I heard the news here it is http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=117761263223 there are 2600+ members and they all want to talk Furthur. You can "Start Discussion" topics, post, reply, post photos, stories, etc and it's a 100% dedicated Furthur Forums!!!

I have always been told I think in analogies, well here's one for you: Discussing Furthur here, on the DSO Forums, is like talking about how much you love your ex-wife to your NEW wife at the dinner table every single night!!! Love the one you're with......and I'm with DSO!!!

I keep praying for the day someone ties his old ass down a cuts that fucken sasquatch from his face ... seriously !

I agree. I have some pictures from the 2nd show of Furthur of Bob that I wouldn't post. You would swear he's Cavey's Brother.

Guest Lisacat

I agree. I have some pictures from the 2nd show of Furthur of Bob that I wouldn't post. You would swear he's Cavey's Brother.

Its hard to believe this is the same face thats buried underneath that squirrel that has taken up residence on his upper lip. Don't get me wrong, I love Bob...but really?

weir_barlow.jpg

as I was looking for a younger Bobby pic- came across this one...what a great early shot of the boys. Phil's mop is classic.

bobweir.jpg

• Forum MVP

I have always been told I think in analogies, well here's one for you: Discussing Furthur here, on the DSO Forums, is like talking about how much you love your ex-wife to your NEW wife at the dinner table every single night!!! Love the one you're with......and I'm with DSO!!!

I guess I'm lucky then. My two women are happy to have me at my choosing. Or at least they're both willing to sell me tickets. The only thing off the table is a ménage à trois. :rofl:

Oh, and my donation, albeit a modest one, is complete.

Like those ideas?

Harry Callahan

SFPD

I'm with you. We went through this back in the beginning January (thread is "why oh why?") but the most of the peeps don't get it. I'll say it again, the bands are competing for fans, like it or not! Is it a coincidence that furthur is dropping their ticket prices and phil "always thought DSO was cool". Please, If you believe that I got a bridge I want to sell you. Bobby said it in his CNBC interview, their trying to build a fan base. Wake up and smell the coffee, furthur chatter is good for furthur, not DSO.

I'm with you. We went through this back in the beginning January (thread is "why oh why?") but the most of the peeps don't get it. I'll say it again, the bands are competing for fans, like it or not! Is it a coincidence that furthur is dropping their ticket prices and phil "always thought DSO was cool". Please, If you believe that I got a bridge I want to sell you. Bobby said it in his CNBC interview, their trying to build a fan base. Wake up and smell the coffee, furthur chatter is good for furthur, not DSO.

Arch -Very well stated opinion( usually only venom flies from the Alais around here!)

The last time I mention the bands were competing for fans........I got a lesson on COOPETION (Even though it hardly applies in this case)!

It's competition for the same dollars from the same fans,plain & simple!

Bobbies interview on CNBC was a crock of shit......We are keeping tix prices low(40$)-Truth be told with all the added fees they are about 57$ ,while Furthur East coast tix in '09 were about 60$.

What happened to the fees last year? Did the boys just defer some of the costs that venues make them pay onto the fans,while preaching about keeping tix cost low?

Really getting tired of the whole ball of wax....... Bluegrass music @ a local joint is sounding better & better these days(40$= 4 sat. nights).And everyone there talks about the music/ or just listens to it !

Peace,

Rob

Guest deadheadmike

:rofl: Caveys hairy brother ...

• Forum MVP

Bluegrass music @ a local joint is sounding better & better these days(40$= 4 sat. nights).And everyone there talks about the music/ or just listens to it !

Peace,

Rob

There is a band that satisfies that on a grand scale, in a just exactly perfect way. Cornmeal, of course...

Looky, I disagree with your post. I think that it is totally appropriate to discuss an Ex-DSO member's band in this forum. Plus who really cares, we are all just a bunch of slackers with apparently too much time on our hands.

Archived