So Who's Stoked For Stu Allen?!?!?!

Stagger

• Forum MVP

I had such a grate time with family at last nights show.Although I would have hoped for a couple of different tunes... it was all good.I thought it was a little crazy that they took over an hour set break... and did no encore... but the break enabled us all to chat and catch up. Have fun at the Peak tonight.....there will be plenty of dancing room.Peace. :grouphug:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lisacat

I thought it was a little crazy that they took over an hour set break

Wow that was over an hour? I never would have known. Although logic and proportion seemed to fall sloppy dead....only thanks to too many sierras. They actually ran out. I'm sure I helped.

• Forum MVP

The is NO show in Eugene!

You seem pretty sure about that! Guess I will have to be happy to just go to MacDonalds here in LV. Although the acoustics in the kids' playroom aren't quite as good.

And so you all drank Mexicali's dry last night, huh? Hour long set breaks give you time for that. That will be a nice feature this next tour.

• Forum MVP

:):)

I will tell you this ! STU brought more than the goods tonight at OUR favorite haunt , MEXICALI !

Tuff Mama

Way u do the things you do

Saw her Standing there

Stop that TRAIN

SENOR ! Yikes

Thats what LUV will make u do

Cats ( stu playin a mirror image of the WOLF, but not an irwin , sounded GRATE )

Crazy LOVE ! ( money )

Think ( sg back in hand )

money MAKER !!!!!

Brothers and Sisters

Somebody to love ? I need U, U , U I need u !!

Really , really good show. Melvin was AWESOME , Jerryettes were money , bass , drums and man STU is good . Such a fun night and so looking forward to Saturday . Robbie I am so happy to hear that you guys are as excited as Stu is to play with you all. It should be F U N ! We all know what Jeff can do , which is insane ! Stu , besides being the nicest guy , can bring the HEAT ! Let it go and get it on ! Wish I could see the magic , but I saw it tonight for damn sure . :):):)

A

I thought Melvin just slayed that's what love will make you do, my favorite song of the night. Crazy Love and Brothers and Sisters were also really great. I thought the Wolf replica sounded so much better than the SG. Anyways, I didn't stop dancing the whole night. Can't wait to hear what Stu was with DSO backing him, that'll really bring out the X factor. Melvin sounded so good last night too.

• Forum MVP

re: "And very happy for Dino and his new addition."

Thanks Charles! It's been great spending time with little Evie. She is two months today. Time fly's!

I too am looking forward to this west coast tour. I know it's going to be tons of fun!

I thought the Wolf replica sounded so much better than the SG. Anyways, I didn't stop dancing the whole night. Can't wait to hear what Stu was with DSO backing him, that'll really bring out the X factor. Melvin sounded so good last night too

Does anyone have any intel on that guitar..I have only seen Stu play a few times and it has always been the Red SG...

Is the Wolf replica something he has had for awhile, plays out from time to time...etc?

And who made it???? Just curious...To me both Mattson's love for the Strat and Stu's for the SG is fascinating as it relates to the Garcia sound...I realize Jerry played both..Strat in early to mid 70's and the SG from time time much earlier than that...

It would seem that it may be a bit more difficult to get the later Garcia sound with those guitars at first glance..but I have nothing to back that notion up..

Seems like John was more of an electronics, gear and sound geek (meant to be complimentray) than Jeff or Stu but again that is just speculation on my part...I love it all..

Guest Rob Eaton

Looking forward to another show at the Vilar Center. Love that venue.

especially since they made it General Admission!

Does anyone have any intel on that guitar..I have only seen Stu play a few times and it has always been the Red SG...

Is the Wolf replica something he has had for awhile, plays out from time to time...etc?

And who made it???? Just curious...To me both Mattson's love for the Strat and Stu's for the SG is fascinating as it relates to the Garcia sound...I realize Jerry played both..Strat in early to mid 70's and the SG from time time much earlier than that...

It would seem that it may be a bit more difficult to get the later Garcia sound with those guitars at first glance..but I have nothing to back that notion up..

Seems like John was more of an electronics, gear and sound geek (meant to be complimentray) than Jeff or Stu but again that is just speculation on my part...I love it all..

Well both Stu and jeff nave had custom guitars built recently. Both are wired with Jerrys electronic scheme and pickup's. Jeff got his delivered in St Louis on the last tour and this new guitar of Stu I have yet to see but I do know he had an SG wired like Jerrys. The body is one thing but it's the electronics that make the sound!

Guest coloradodead

That Wolf replica is not Stus guitar. The guitarist Bob Guerra for Reflections let Stu play it for a couple of songs.

Guest Lisacat

They threw down at Penns Peak last night! Really really great show. They were definitely digging playing in a place with a big stage and good acoustics (although it did seem a bit tinny at first but once the place filled in it got better).

Setlist sort of went like this:

Tore Up

Sugaree-probably about 20 min long

Get out of my life woman

Lay Down Sally

Simple Twist

Midnight moonlight

Struggling man

Rhapsody in red

<Need help here- can't remember...kris? Steve?>

Mission in the rain

Sisters and Brothers

Tangled Up in Blue

E: Shining Star!

Very much looking forward to the west coast!

They threw down at Penns Peak last night! Really really great show. They were definitely digging playing in a place with a big stage and good acoustics (although it did seem a bit tinny at first but once the place filled in it got better).

Setlist sort of went like this:

Tore Up

Sugaree-probably about 20 min long

Get out of my life woman

Lay Down Sally

Simple Twist

Midnight moonlight

Struggling man

Rhapsody in red

<Need help here- can't remember...kris? Steve?>

Mission in the rain

Sisters and Brothers

Tangled Up in Blue

E: Shining Star!

Very much looking forward to the west coast!

Per Jimmy's (bass player) fbook post, "Sitting in Limbo," instead of Simple Twist and "Waiting for a Miracle," after Mission in the Rain.

Guest Lisacat

Per Jimmy's (bass player) fbook post, "Sitting in Limbo," instead of Simple Twist and "Waiting for a Miracle," after Mission in the Rain.

Woops! Was thinking sitting in limbo the whole time while writing simple twist. Didn't have my coffee yet! Thanks for the corrections!

• Forum MVP

I think there was a tune in between stuggling man & rapsody,just can't remember what

I'm pretty sure that rhapsody came right out of it, and it was smokin. Show was amazing we had such a good time. Never seen that peak that empty before, they even had some seats set up on the floor(which we promptly corrected). I think that Stu is really great and he will be even greater with dso. Truth be told though I think he should keep doing what he is doing---I'd hate to see this band go away. Long live JGB.

The Mexicali show was a great time! It was my first time seeing Stu and I really enjoyed it, wish I could make it to the DSO west coast shows. It was great seeing and dancing with you folks there, love you all!

Guest crazy digits

...i would do anything to see stu on this upcoming tour..if he is anything like what i heard the other night, folks will be excited...the show was very good.

Friday night was the first time I saw a full, two set JGB show (since Jerry's passing anyway), and I came away very impressed. The first set Sugaree was a barn burner, and I was especially impressed by the Struggling Man>Rhapsody in Red. I'm really looking forward to hearing Stu's work with DSO next month. Let's hope for lots of quality tapers!

Archived