So Who's Stoked For Stu Allen?!?!?!

Stagger

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Let me say this a gingerly as I possibly can.I am not at all dissapointed that I won't get a chance to see Stu this summer with DSO on the East Coast.Mattson is the bomb.....he brings you places. I've seen Stu....although I have high regard for him as a accomplished musician.....I'll take the psychedelia Mattson brings.

• Forum MVP

Let me say this a gingerly as I possibly can.I am not at all dissapointed that I won't get a chance to see Stu this summer with DSO on the East Coast.Mattson is the bomb.....he brings you places. I've seen Stu....although I have high regard for him as a accomplished musician.....I'll take the psychedelia Mattson brings.

+1 Love Stu and what he's done with JGB and others, but being an aficionado of 60's - 70's GD sound - Mattson brings that in spades. I didn't realize how much that was lacking with DSO until I saw them with JM. Sort of ironic that Furthur is whipping out lots of old tunes and playing them with JK on lead while DSO is essentially doing the same thing with Mattson, but with more success IMHO. DSO has a much more authentic sound now when reproducing the old stuff than Furthur does (again IMHO). Much of what I've heard of Stu and about Stu is that his style is much more in the JK vein (80's - 90's Jerry) than old school.

HOWEVER, you never know what chemistry will do. They may get Stu on board and reach a yet to be experienced GD utopia. It's just like trying to predict the outcome of a sports game - speculate all you want, but they'll have to suit up and play the game to ACTUALLY reach an outcome....

• Forum MVP

+1 Love Stu and what he's done with JGB and others, but being an aficionado of 60's - 70's GD sound - Mattson brings that in spades. I didn't realize how much that was lacking with DSO until I saw them with JM. Sort of ironic that Furthur is whipping out lots of old tunes and playing them with JK on lead while DSO is essentially doing the same thing with Mattson, but with more success IMHO. DSO has a much more authentic sound now when reproducing the old stuff than Furthur does (again IMHO). Much of what I've heard of Stu and about Stu is that his style is much more in the JK vein (80's - 90's Jerry) than old school.

HOWEVER, you never know what chemistry will do. They may get Stu on board and reach a yet to be experienced GD utopia. It's just like trying to predict the outcome of a sports game - speculate all you want, but they'll have to suit up and play the game to ACTUALLY reach an outcome....

True about the sports metaphor - on any given Sunday... I'm looking forward to A game all year long!

Guest coloradodead

A few nice Jerry tunes to start the tour off. Sugaree, Black Peter, Tennessee Jed, Peggy O, Loser and Ship of Fools all in one show. Those certainly showcase Stus voice right out of the gate.

Thanks for the list Tommy but you need to post this in the right spot. Come on brother! :)

I'm sorry rule mongerer. I didn't want to post in the show reviews as I wasn't there. Hence no review. I guess my mistake was posting the setlist.

But really, where are the reviews? 3 shows and barely a whisper.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Opera House

My first post in years and maybe my 2nd post of all time.. I am really looking forward to hearing Stu with DSO. He is the guy

Stu is a fine fit for DSO. Jeff is a swell fit too!

Archived