Baseball

bs69

• Forum MVP

yup !!!

Haters. baseball isn't changing anytime soon, so It's about acceptance.( 449 BB) Plenty of teams spend money and don't make the playoffs, look at the met's payroll.

Home grown talent has been the core of the yanks, it's a must in baseball. Difference between the yanks and other teams is that they can afford to make mistakes in the free agent market.

I'm stoked for the season, Jeter should get 3000.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Since the yanks have such a large payroll, they give a certain percentage of the payroll to the league which is then divied up amongst the teams. Y'all should be kissing Steinbrenner's hairy beanbag honestly.

• Forum MVP

Since the yanks have such a large payroll, they give a certain percentage of the payroll to the league which is then divied up amongst the teams. Y'all should be kissing Steinbrenner's hairy beanbag honestly.

I'm afraid you've fallen into the category of 'complete duesche-bag'

• Forum MVP

Thaaaank yewwww so much for the kind words. Be sure to drop in when the Phillies lose again this year! Your contribution to this thread has been soooo important because you make some really great points. Gee golly

I'm from NJ, of course I'm a ball busting prick. Philly fans are :blink:

• Forum MVP

Sorry Mr. Found the Sound but I'm afraid I'm going to have to revoke your Yankee card and question your supposed NJ roots based on bolded word above. I believe the Yankee approved version of that sentence would go something like this "Yuz gize shu be kissin' Steiney's fuckin' hairy sack, fuckin seriously". :cheers:

GO BRAVES!!!!

• Forum MVP

Born and raised in the North Jersey. Lived in the same town my entire life. It's just the way i write bruddah.

And for someone who says "Go Braves," I'm not sure i can consider you a credible judge on distinguishing where I'm from. ;)

And i tip my cap to the Red Sox on last nights win. It was a well fought game and a real pleasure and fun to watch (although the outcome coulda been better, yanks blew it). But we still got a whole lot more baseball...

• Forum MVP

Thaaaank yewwww so much for the kind words. Be sure to drop in when the Phillies lose again this year! Your contribution to this thread has been soooo important because you make some really great points. Gee golly

I'm from NJ, of course I'm a ball busting prick. Philly fans are :blink:

Not judging, just reading... much of my disdain for the Yankees is founded in jealousy. So many NL East titles and so many trips to the fall classic with only one reward (I don't count the Boston Braves or the Milwaukee Braves), and twice foiled by the pinstripers. Pitching looks better this year, we're gunnin' for the damn Phillies. Good luck this year - shouldn't need it, but you probably will.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Forum MVP

Opening day is only days away and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate this year. Here are my picks for this year:

AL

East: Yanks

Central: Tigers

West: Mariners

Wild Card: Red Sox

NL

East: Phils

Central: Cards

West: Rockies

Wild Card: Reds

Not too bad so far, except the Mariners. don't know what I was thinking there.

• Forum MVP

I would just like to point out that the Yanks are the bad guys

If I were a Yankee fan...I wouldn't really talk about it in public, but that's probably just me.

I LOVE being the bad guy. But that too, is probably just me...... ;)

Guest jazz-man

Picking the Mariners...they should be testing your urine some time soon :)

White Sox, the hottest team in baseball! I have no idea how Gordon Beckham could hit so lousy the first 1/2 of the season and look like the Natural the second 1/2. Go White Sox!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Normally, I would love to spout Yankee smack. However, there is really only one team I am pulling for right now: Auburn Little League All-Stars!!!! 1st trip ever to the LLWS!!!!!!

Cheering for Hamilton Ohio here. They are from our district and my son used to play against them before switching to AABC. I do have a problem with the way these coaches are sacrificing these kids arms in the name of T.V. and fame by throwing curveball after curveball at 12 years of age. Not good.

• Forum MVP

Cheering for Hamilton Ohio here. They are from our district and my son used to play against them before switching to AABC. I do have a problem with the way these coaches are sacrificing these kids arms in the name of T.V. and fame by throwing curveball after curveball at 12 years of age. Not good.

I know what you mean. My 11 year old played in the division just below the kids who are playing in the LLWS and this year they definitely had a few kids throwing curves. Only good thing was that only one kid I saw actually threw what I would consider to be a true curve ball. All the others seemed more like a looping changeup. I told my son that he doesn't get to throw a curve until he's 16 and his body fills out some. At this age, 11-13, they have enough trouble hitting a good fastball. No need to try a curve at all.

• Forum MVP

. I do have a problem with the way these coaches are sacrificing these kids arms in the name of T.V. and fame by throwing curveball after curveball at 12 years of age. Not good.

I haven't been watching but that should not be allowed. There should be rules pertaining to how many curve balls a kid is allowed to throw, so a coach who is more concerned about winning that the health of his kids, won't be able to ruin these young arms.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

The Reds are red hot! With calling up Chapman, last night he was throwing at over 102 mph, and Votto just crushing everything look for this 7 game lead on the cards just keep growing!

R

E

D

S

REDS! REDS! REDS!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Yankees have a much bigger, better package than the Reds in my (biased) opinion. Yanks got the bats, speed, defense, pitching rotation, bullpen could use some help (need consistency and reliability). Hopefully Vazquez and Burnett are strong in October. I don't like how Girardi seems to micromanage every aspect of the game. He likes to put his print on the game and sometimes it blows up in his face. Overall, they're still the best team in baseball though. I think the record speaks for itself.

I think the reds have GREAT strategy and approach to the game of baseball. They score in so many ways with their offense but their pitching could use some help. I hope you guys don't burn out Chapman. It would really hurt you guys to have an arm like that go. So like i said, very strong offensively and I think their lead over the Cards reflects that. Good luck in the post-season (i don't think i'm speaking too soon.)

I would really like a Reds/Yanks WS.

Ok, bring on the hate...

• Forum MVP

Go Phils.

How do we know that the Little League coaches are making them throw curves? These kids probably care a lot about winning to or they wouldn't be competing for the LLWS. At 12 or 13, a kid can tell which pitch is most effective and might choose to throw a curve ball because its his most effective pitch. I really don't know who is behind the curve ball, but I wouldn't discourage a kid from doing whatever he thought necessary to win. For some, they might not play beyond high school and this may be the most limelight they get on the diamond their entire life. Now, if someone has evidence that the coach is forcing the kids to throw curves, I would certainly say not cool.

Archived