Taper Ron

Taper Ron

Hey Neutrino, I wasn't annoyed at you! What I meant was it's irritating that many hospital personnel seem to only want to talk about the horrific motorcycle accidents. Maybe they don't want to admit they are vulnerable in their cage (car).

Jazzman, I understand why they couldn't give me pain meds - that don't mean I didn't want some! I bet you would too. :D

I was a Navy Hospital Corpsman for eight years, several of which I was an ER tech/ ambulance driver I also flew Search and Rescue so I have seen my share of trauma. Furthermore, I started riding motorcycles more than 40 years ago. I have lost friends but honestly don't believe helmets would have saved any of them. In many cases helmets can kill you, by snapping your neck. I know it is a poor example, but that is what killed Dale Earnhardt.

Again, I was not at all annoyed by your post. We are all welcome to voice our opinions. I appreciate that you always state yours in a respectful manner- no name calling or hateful attitude!

Post On Brudders!

Hey TR,

Glad you didn't find my posts about motorcycle safety to be annoying. You and I clearly have a difference of opinion about helmets, and that's fine. I'm not a biker, but I'm sure if I was, I would wear a helmet. I would feel much better about my survival if my head were to hit the asphalt at 80 MPH if encased in a very strong polycarbonate shell. I longer ride my bicycle without a helmet. for the same reason I'm sure there are some deaths that occured BECAUSE of helmets, as you state. However, the same could be said for seatbelts, but I wouldn't think of driving without it on anymore. Just playing the odds--as I see them. Hope I don't come off as being part of the nanny state, as I also believe in personal choice. Anyway idn't want this to become the helmet forum. I'm just very happy to hear that you are doing so well!!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived