Taper Ron

Taper Ron

Taper Ron, Though we've not met I thank you for all the work you've done to keep this community together. I hope to meet you at a show soon. Get well.

As to risk taking, I'd rather live a life I love than live in constant fear of what ifs. This isn't to say that I don't worry sometimes but I try not to let worry control me. In a month I'll be packing up the bike to make the 600 mile treck to Delfest. I take all the precautions I can and leave the rest to fate.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a safety-nerd 5-day-a-week rider too, and glad I started riding later in life, long after realizing I wasn't invincible... but that's not what this thread should be about. There are enough places to debate safety vs freedom - Ron made his choice and I'm really sorry to hear that some clueless cager impacted his life in this way through their carelessness.

I'll be thinking about Ron on my ride home tonight, and tomorrow, and the next day.

{{{{Rider Ron}}}}

Guest jazz-man

I hope I didn't come off as safety nanny telling folks not to ride, that was not my intention. We all take risks every day (driving to work, taking the subway, hell even sex is risky) and each person has to decide what is an acceptible risk for them and try to enjoy life within those confines. Maybe take the odd step outside the lines to check things out :)

• Forum MVP

I'm a safety-nerd 5-day-a-week rider too, and glad I started riding later in life, long after realizing I wasn't invincible... but that's not what this thread should be about. There are enough places to debate safety vs freedom - Ron made his choice and I'm really sorry to hear that some clueless cager impacted his life in this way through their carelessness.

I'll be thinking about Ron on my ride home tonight, and tomorrow, and the next day.

{{{{Rider Ron}}}}

Thanks for the refocus Rusty the Scoob. This thread should be 100% focused on our brother Ron and his recovery. All of the dialog in this thread should be filled with love and directed specifically to Ron. Peace.

Ron, here's to the hope that today was better than yesterday...............

Ron is doing a lot better. My niece has started a facebook account for his recovery. His facebook email address is checkonron@yahoo.com. If you want to add him as a friend, send a request and I will get you added. Be sure to mention DSO so I can let my niece know to add you if she checks first. If you don't have a facebook account and want to check out his pictures follow this link. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000984682160

Hi folks ~

Since Ron is not yet on the computer, I compiled all your well wishes, as of early yesterday morning, into a little card/booklet for him, and overnight mailed it. It's now in Wayne's hands, and he's giving it to Ron before his surgery today...

Above is the Facebook contact info. If you'd like to postal mail or deliver something to Ron at the hospital, as he may be there for some time, feel free to message me, and I'll send you the hospital info. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you!

Thanks and love to you all...

Ron's surgery was postponed until tomorrow. Apparently complications in an earlier surgery. They are going to try to fit Ron in tomorrow. I will not be able to be there tomorrow however my niece is driving in from Witchita to take mom to the Hospital. She will call me to keep me updated. When I get any updates, I will call kieu so she can post any updates. I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for expressing your love for Ron. I know it means so much to him. I also want to thank kieu for all her help she has been to me.

Hi all ~ I spoke with Ron today and he seems to be doing okay, given the circumstances. He was so deeply touched by all of your well wishes.... You've really helped bolster his spirits... :wub:

Wayne just reached me to let you know that Ron's surgery this evening went fine and he's now in recovery. They performed an open reduction of his thigh bone, which also involved placing a pin in it to stabilize the break to aid in the healing....

Love and positive healing thoughts for our brother Taper Ron...

{{{{{{{{{Ron}}}}}}}}

Hi all ~ I spoke with Ron today and he seems to be doing okay, given the circumstances. He was so deeply touched by all of your well wishes.... You've really helped bolster his spirits... :wub:

Wayne just reached me to let you know that Ron's surgery this evening went fine and he's now in recovery. They performed an open reduction of his thigh bone, which also involved placing a pin in it to stabilize the break to aid in the healing....

Love and positive healing thoughts for our brother Taper Ron...

{{{{{{{{{Ron}}}}}}}}

It is amazing what they can now do with prosthetics. Don't know if Ron was a runner, skier, or anything like that, but the loss of his lower leg should not stop him from doing such activities in the future. Continued best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

An update from Wayne to us all... Having had his surgery yesterday, Ron is doing well today. He's still in a lot of pain, though, and needs rest. Wayne will update us as Ron progresses through his recovery... (Thanks Wayne)

Ron had his surgery late last evening. All went well. He is in a lot ofpain and tires pretty easily. I plan on just calling him the nextcouple days to see if he needs anything. Give him a chance to get somerest. I probably won't have an update until Sun. unless somethinghappens.

• Forum MVP

Ron had his surgery late last evening. All went well. He is in a lot ofpain and tires pretty easily. I plan on just calling him the nextcouple days to see if he needs anything. Give him a chance to get somerest. I probably won't have an update until Sun. unless somethinghappens.

Well lets hope he rest well , nothing out of the normal happens and you update on Sunday is positive and upbeat !!!

Archived