Who's Playing Stu Or Jeff On The Seeds Of Light Tour?

Stagger

Guest Jerryguy

Must say that Jeff Mattson is a sub-standard vocalist and not the right choice. Stu Allen

is a better fit. In a band that prides themselves on "attention to detail" it suprises me that

they would would overlook a major detail such as being able to sing the greatest ballads

ever written. Mattson, while an excellent player just cannot cut the vocal mustard. I have

seen both many times and to me it is crystal clear. After comparing

recent videos by both with DSO, I have to go with Stu...the band should NOT let him go. JM is older,

looks less than healthy and can't sing as well. Stu's playing is great and will only get better.

Why have a guy who clearly is not as talented, vocally? Makes no sense. Twenty buck says

Stu stays!

Must say that Jeff Mattson is a sub-standard vocalist and not the right choice. Stu Allen

is a better fit. In a band that prides themselves on "attention to detail" it suprises me that

they would would overlook a major detail such as being able to sing the greatest ballads

ever written. Mattson, while an excellent player just cannot cut the vocal mustard. I have

seen both many times and to me it is crystal clear. After comparing

recent videos by both with DSO, I have to go with Stu...the band should NOT let him go. JM is older,

looks less than healthy and can't sing as well. Stu's playing is great and will only get better.

Why have a guy who clearly is not as talented, vocally? Makes no sense. Twenty buck says

Stu stays!

First and foremost it really doesn't matter who plays lead for DSO the band brings out the best in everyone ,the members of DSO seems to push anyone that has the pleasure of playing with such a great bunch of folks, imo JM is the best fit for DSO i think JM is a better lead then STU . They are both very good just think the band can go places with JM that they can't with STU .Its all good either way.Peace Dave :dsorocks::dsorocks::dsorocks:

Guest jazz-man

I haven't seen either JM or Stu w/ DSO So I must rely on youtube. They both sound good to me, I'll be happy with either but I understand if folks have preferences.

I may be able to do a run of shows next March or April and I know the band will do what they think is best and will be bringing it regardless of who's in the lead guitar seat.

:unsure: :unsure: :mellow:

Who is the JERRY GUY ??? Welcome bud , but talk about NONSENSE ! For YOUR second post to be that much HORSESHIT is hopefully not an OMEN ! For you or ANYONE to talk about Jeffys CHOPS is childish ! I am not even gonna go into comparing THESE TWO FINE PEOPLE AND PLAYERS ! NO ONE around these parts has more bullets in their pocket than JEFF ! Just leave it at that . For Jerry Guy to come on here and take that stance is CRAP ! Sorry buddy ! Call it as I SMELL it ! I LOVE STU , just ask him ! That's not the POINT ! LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT ALONE ! Who loves you DSO ??? See you so soon ! OH by the way whats up after Eli's ? Got a big suspicious gap after memorial day , and next gig is in my home town. Shall I FIRE UP THE BARBY ? Nothing but love guys ! Can't happen soon enough !

Anth

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

After comparing recent videos by both with DSO, I have to go with Stu...

After touring with the GD, it seems pretty clear to me that all of us should understand that the only way to judge how much a musician moves us is to see them live. I have a hard time understanding how anyone can have an opinion that would mean anything by looking at videos, or even by listening to tapes.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I have none, because I haven't seen Mattson play with DSO, but I don't see how anyone who understands music can base an opinion on videos, no matter how good or how bad the quality--and most of them are crap as we all know. Bottom line is it's all in the live performances and you have to see them live to really know--at least imo. That is the only way we can really know the truth, no matter what that truth is to us.

I doubt I would have seen the GD had I just listened to the tapes. We were touched by Garcia because he touched us when we saw him live, and he probably moved more people in a live setting than any human in history---even the previous Pope I think.

It's all in the live performances--the shows are the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

The vidos are a shard of a snippet of an artifact of a reflection of that truth.

It's all in the live performances--the shows are the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

The vidos are a shard of a snippet of an artifact of a reflection of that truth.

I'll be there, Man.

2613127673_4965c41ef1.jpg

Archived