04/30/2010 Belly Up, Solona Beach, Ca

redeyedbert

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

where stu goes i go....

as mentioned above, looks like its blue light, cheap hotels for me........

best three dso shows i've seen

be careful, if you get him, phil will steal him...

he's just that good......

• Forum MVP

Now now, remember this is not our decision and we don't actually know who is the man for the job. That's up to the band to decide. As for Stu being the man, yes and let me say it again yes. Whether he is playing with DSO, JGB, or another Dead cover band, Stu can count on me being in attendance at quite a few of his shows.

The best DSO tour I have seen in my many years of following this band around.

I saw 11 of 18 shows and wished I could have seen them all!!!!!

missed both Watchtowers but got both Midnight Hour -ER jams

I hope we get more Dark Stu Orchestra some day soon.

-e

Futhur is fading ... and Stu is shinning bright :wub:

For sure...and he tried out for them prior to the band forming. It was between him and John... :rolleyes:

Dark Stu Orchestra!!! Nice!!! It's nice to hear all of the positive reactions...I imagined it was only a matter of time. There's something about his energy/voice/playing that grab you and hold you in the cosmic air until it's time to land. He makes the room stand still...I always get this sense of everything hanging in the air from word to word. I don't know...I can't even properly describe it. You either get IT or you don't.

It's really nice to hear older StarHeads that have been seeing DSO since 2005 and even earlier into the JK days proclaim they caught some of the best DSO shows ever this past month. It speaks volumes.

-Fellow Stuhead :icon14:

• Forum MVP

For sure...and he tried out for them prior to the band forming. It was between him and John... :rolleyes:

Dark Stu Orchestra!!! Nice!!! It's nice to hear all of the positive reactions...I imagined it was only a matter of time. There's something about his energy/voice/playing that grab you and hold you in the cosmic air until it's time to land. He makes the room stand still...I always get this sense of everything hanging in the air from word to word. I don't know...I can't even properly describe it. You either get IT or you don't.

It's really nice to hear older StarHeads that have been seeing DSO since 2005 and even earlier into the JK days proclaim they caught some of the best DSO shows ever this past month. It speaks volumes.

-Fellow Stuhead :icon14:

Really interesting that Stu tried out for furthur, makes you wonder.... maybe they were on to something....

• Forum MVP

stu tattoo???

I just joined all the Stu mailing lists ... ;)

Really interesting that Stu tried out for furthur, makes you wonder.... maybe they were on to something....

I wonder if they called Jeff in for a look see ???

• Forum MVP

That must have been some circle jerk out there....I guess you won Konopka.

no , I lost , but not for lack of trying ... I fell short on quantity and distance ... I need to practice more !!! B)

:dsorocks:

Yeah...I personally prefer Stu over John.

Makes me think (IMHO) there was more to the decision than just talent as both JK and Stu are phenomenal. For Bobby, Phil, and...well..JILL, I believe notoriety and a "name" was of importance and held some weight in the decision (i.e. Warren Haynes). Naturally Warren and John draw a nice lil fanbase wherever they play...from a fiscal and ticket sales perspective it makes sense. But yeah, I'd have taken Stu over John any day of the week.

johnny%20guitar%20espanol.jpg

Anywho...sorry for the threadjack...back on topic..

Any chance we'll get recordings of these show(s)? I wanna hear Terrapin>Dew...bad.

• Forum MVP

Yeah...I personally prefer Stu over John.

Makes me think (IMHO) there was more to the decision than just talent as both JK and Stu are phenomenal. For Bobby, Phil, and...well..JILL, I believe notoriety and a "name" was of importance and held some weight in the decision (i.e. Warren Haynes). Naturally Warren and John draw a nice lil fanbase wherever they play...from a fiscal and ticket sales perspective it makes sense. But yeah, I'd have taken Stu over John any day of the week.

They also got their personal pleasure of throwing DSO into a tailspin by picking JK ... KARMA will get em !!!

They also got their personal pleasure of throwing DSO into a tailspin by picking JK ... KARMA will get em !!!

OK I'll play along for a minute: All IMHO of course...

Stu= perhaps best vocals( It took a while for JK's voice to grow on me)...youth and health...lot's of room to grow on guitar..

JK= polished...best guitar tone I've heard since JG...got his bag of tricks.. pedals etc...down pat

JM= experience...most psychedelic of all three by a mile in my book...prob weakest vocals(but I never really went to see the GD to hear vocals as the most important thing anyway)

Three very talented folks for sure..

Maybe the band can utilize both JM and Stu going forward...I would be bummed if I didn't get a chance to see the band with Jeff!

Namaste~ SJ

• Forum MVP

Stu= perhaps best vocals( It took a while for JK's voice to grow on me)...youth and health...lot's of room to grow on guitar..

JK= polished...best guitar tone I've heard since JG...got his bag of tricks.. pedals etc...down pat

JM= experience...most psychedelic of all three by a mile in my book...prob weakest vocals(but I never really went to see the GD to hear vocals as the most important thing anyway)

Maybe the band can utilize both JM and Stu going forward...I would be bummed if I didn't get a chance to see the band with Jeff!

Namaste~ SJ

All good points , Jon ... the first one is where I stand .

Stu= perhaps best vocals ...youth and health...lot's of room to grow on guitar... My choice ALL the way !!!

• Forum MVP

Namaste~ SJ

well said...

Matteson a beast on guitar, no questions, but I need strength, complexity and tone in the lead, and I am not convinced that JM can bring that....

Stu's vocals were better than expected, and I have high expectaions, and his guitar work was stronger each show. I think he could really grow being around the rest of the band on nightly basis, in addition to getting the appropriate rigs, etc....

Regardless, I don't think Stu is going away and from what I witnessed on the run, he has gained some very loyal fans....

Archived