04/30/2010 Belly Up, Solona Beach, Ca

redeyedbert

• Forum MVP

This thread should be a celebration of an amazing show by DSO. Instead, it has become a platform for slurs about peoples sexual orientation and fat jokes. Sometimes I wonder about you guys. :unsure:

Rick I could care less about peoples sexual orientation.....it was a joke thats why this :rofl: was right next to it....I meant nothing by it.Although I will admit in this politically correct world we live in...it can certainly be taken out of the context I wrote it in.I am truly sorry if my attempt at humor offended anyone in anyway.....there certainly was no malice intended.My daughter was at the hospital having surgery and afterwards I went to visit Mike and his wife while she was having her treatment at the same facility.It was a joke for gosh sakes.This is my official apology for using that word.I'm sorry....now I'm done with this.Have a good night.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Rick I could care less about peoples sexual orientation.....it was a joke thats why this :rofl: was right next to it....I meant nothing by it.Although I will admit in this politically correct world we live in...it can certainly be taken out of the context I wrote it in.I am truly sorry if my attempt at humor offended anyone in anyway.....there certainly was no malice intended.My daughter was at the hospital having surgery and afterwards I went to visit Mike and his wife while she was having her treatment at the same facility.It was a joke for gosh sakes.This is my official apology for using that word.I'm sorry....now I'm done with this.Have a good night.

I know you guys were kidding. Please don't consider me to be a corrective agent. Apology accepted, but none necessary for I was not offended. I only wanted to mention again what an incredible show DSO put on at the Belly Up. It was a truly magical experience from which I am still recovering.

• Advisory Board

Y'all need to STOP being so FUCKING SENSITIVE!!!!! Jeff is a bit on the heavy side... he knows that... I don't think he'd be offended by the "extra wide doors" comment... knowing Jeff, he's laughing his ass off... he has a great sense of humor, and you all should too...

Stop being such a bunch of fucking babies!!!!

Y'all need to STOP being so FUCKING SENSITIVE!!!!! Jeff is a bit on the heavy side... he knows that... I don't think he'd be offended by the "extra wide doors" comment... knowing Jeff, he's laughing his ass off... he has a great sense of humor, and you all should too...

I just thought it was taking the Stu vs Jeff arguement to unneccasary place. I have a great sense of humor and I'm fat.

• Forum MVP

Greg , it was really good seeing you yesterday , you made my day at the hospital a little brighter .... maybe some of these folks should walk in our shoes a little bit to see how sour reality can be ... hope all is well with your daughter , Patty is doing much better today ... and the doors on the bus are "a one size fits all "... laugh a little folks cause you'll have plenty of time to cry .... ROCK ON !!!

• Forum MVP

Good hanging' with ya last week Herdy ... I want you to know that wherever I am , my place is your place !!!

• Forum MVP

Don't agree with you at all on this one...

Certain things in life you don't need to say about people....

and you dropping swear words at me and others also is not the answer... but you do what makes you happy....

should I call you a swear word as well ?? ... no reason to go down to that level..

Don't agree with you at all on this one...

Certain things in life you don't need to say about people....

and you dropping swear words at me and others also is not the answer... but you do what makes you happy....

should I call you a swear word as well ?? ... no reason to go down to that level..

+1

ain't no time to hate...go to ratdog.org with this crap!

• Forum MVP

I just thought it was taking the Stu vs Jeff arguement to unneccasary place. I have a great sense of humor and I'm fat.

There is no Stu vs Jeff argument ... it shall be as it shall be ... August West and I are good friends and were having some fun picking at each other , unfortunately our choice of words was not very well thought out ...B)

• Forum MVP

"Waiting For A Miracle"

It was...grate!

they melt into a dream ...

I think we all need to also remember that what made Stu shine this past weekend in So Cal had a whole lot to do with the other 6 musicians on that stage with him...

28202_1385283386553_1066060134_1156707_4749489_n.jpg

as far as I'm concerned it isn't a matter of busses, it is one bus.

You're either on the bus or off the bus. I'm on. :cheers::dsorocks::cheers:

+1

ain't no time to hate !

wordup.gif

This, to me, is the essence of the Grateful Dead. THIS is the magic to me, not the vocals. Vocals are only something I care about after the fact, listening to a recording. If you haven't already done so download one of the Europe 72 shows with mattson---very very good.

The way I see it though it makes no difference who they pick, because each musicians has his own unique qualities to bring to the table. Mattson brings consistency, soaring deep jams(the best dark stars since the early 70s imho), and great chemistry with eaton and barraco. Stu brings vocal talents unlike any since jerry(once again imho) and certainly some lead guitar playing ability. There seems to be a pretty big bias towards stu on these boards, I think mostly because of his singing....I'm happy either way and sure that the band will make the decision that makes the most sense. As always, :dsorocks:

Different stokes for different folks. For me, the Jerry ballads are my favorite parts of a show. My least favorite is space and long meandering jams. There is no "correct" preference in one's taste in GD music. However, if the Jerry ballads are what get you off the most, you really must have both the voice AND guitar chops to capture the magic than Jerry would produce when playing the slow Hunter/Garcia masterpieces . I just don't see how you can prioritize guitar over vocals with these songs. Stu seems to have the upper hand for the ballads from what I've heard. His guitar playing is perhaps a bit more "focused" than JM's, and he's less likely to go on long extended improvosation. This works very well for my taste. For those more into the psychedelic jamming, JM may be the better pick. As you say, either player would be a great permanent addtion to the band. For full disclosure, I haven't seen JM live, which is necessary to get a full feel for what he brings to the band.

• Forum MVP

Different stokes for different folks. For me, the Jerry ballads are my favorite parts of a show. My least favorite is space and long meandering jams. There is no "correct" preference in one's taste in GD music. However, if the Jerry ballads are what get you off the most, you really must have both the voice AND guitar chops to capture the magic than Jerry would produce when playing the slow Hunter/Garcia masterpieces . I just don't see how you can prioritize guitar over vocals with these songs. Stu seems to have the upper hand for the ballads from what I've heard. His guitar playing is perhaps a bit more "focused" than JM's, and he's less likely to go on long extended improvosation. This works very well for my taste. For those more into the psychedelic jamming, JM may be the better pick. As you say, either player would be a great permanent addtion to the band. For full disclosure, I haven't seen JM live, which is necessary to get a full feel for what he brings to the band.

BINGO!

Guest GratefulDom

I just don't see how you can prioritize guitar over vocals with these songs.

Very simple my friend. Listen to the sugaree on here. The singing is good not great, but the solos are just smoking hot fire on the mountain type shit.

http://www.archive.org/details/dso2009-11-16.mstc.flac16

Dont get me wrong Stu has been knocking my socks off with some of the stuff Ive heard, but lets not take away from Jeffs ability too.

• Forum MVP

I think I pretty much agree with everything you ever posted here , neutrino ... you call it like you see it and you say it in a very dignified no bullshit way ... CHEERS !!!

I think I pretty much agree with everything you ever posted here , neutrino ... you call it like you see it and you say it in a very dignified no bullshit way ... CHEERS !!!

Thanks for the kind words, my frend!! I also greatly appreciate reading your posts on this great forum! It great that we can have such a civilized place to discuss the music we love.

:icon14:

Greg

• Forum MVP

Thanks for the kind words, my frend!! I also greatly appreciate reading your posts on this great forum! It great that we can have such a civilized place to discuss the music we love.

:icon14:

Greg

Thanks back at ya ... I could use a little lesson in forum etiquette from time to time , but hey , no ones perfect ;)

Archived