Just Have To Say....

Herdygerdy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

It is good to take a few minutes to come in from the pool and see how things are progressing here. I do have a question though: what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

• Forum MVP

It is good to take a few minutes to come in from the pool and see how things are progressing here. I do have a question though: what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

sometimes you just have to laugh at the length people will go to get their point across and at the things they will do and create , it's borderline insanity , myself included ... but there is nothing funny about peace , love and understanding , it's serious business ... and your point is very well taken , Chuck ...

:dsorocks:

and where the fuck is Herdy ??? we're all going at it and he's nowhere to be found !!! WTF ... :rofl:

I would have to think that Herdy smacked the hornets nest with a stick and you all came buzzing out all pissed off,just like he thought you probably would. Everyone swallowed the bait---hook,line, and sinker

• Forum MVP

I would have to think that Herdy smacked the hornets nest with a stick and you all came buzzing out all pissed off,just like he thought you probably would. Everyone swallowed the bait---hook,line, and sinker

everyone (?);) , 4 to 5 of the posters in this thread are the same person ... :rofl:

I think goganious's long post is right on target...it's everything I wanted to say on the issue myself, but I simply could not find a way to articulate it so skillfully. Bravo!

I'm excited by the smattering of northeast shows this summer...it may be sacrilege to say, but I'll be at the State College (PA) show then head out to Philly the next day for Furthur (sue me, I haven't seen them yet!)

Bear's Picnic, anyone? It looks like an East Coast Gfest, except not at the Ledges!

Everything goganious has said is dead on, IMHO, and I couldn't care less if he's a person or an alter ego or whatever. I guess I must have forgotten my tinfoil hat at home today. The message is good and reasonable and well-said... something that can't be said of everybody here.

Supporting the keepers of the flame is great, but doing that by repeatedly attacking the creators of the flame makes no sense to me.

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

Comesatime: I just wanted to quickly mention that I think its a bit ridiculous that just because you don't "know" me, you feel pretty certain that I'm some sort of Johnny-come-lately who's only here to defend Furthur. In fact, that couldn't be FURTHUR from the truth (sorry, I couldn't resist the bad pun). Being a youngster who never got to see the actual Grateful Dead, I was elated when I first discovered DSO. To me, they might as well be the real Grateful Dead. I'm just as excited when DSO comes to town as I would be if the Grateful Dead themselves (complete with a singing "touch of grey" style skeleton Jerry) came to town. After seeing a few Phil and Friends, Ratdog, and "The Dead" shows, I thought to myself "You know what Bobby and Phil really need? John Kadlecik.". I kept thinking "if its Grateful Dead music these guys want to play, why not play it with John? One day, I logged on to find out that this particular dream had come true!

John Kadlecik, the guitarst I had seen in person on many occasions and who had melted my face more times than I could count, was now going to be playing with Bobby and Phil!

Being a GD fan, I likely would have continued to see any and all projects that Bob and Phil rolled out, mainly because I respect them so much as musicians and feel privelaged to have the opportunity to see them healthy and playing the music they (and I) love. But let me be very clear: the thing I like MOST about Furthur, the MAIN reason I see them, is John Kadlecik.

That having been said, I'm still and will always be a huge DSO fan. I'm going to the Ledges this year, as I have in the past. I will also be attending several Summer shows throughout the Northeast. I will be driving as many as 5 hours to some shows, and I will be doing back-to back shows in some instances. I do what my income and my Job availability ALLOW me to do. Just because I can't get an entire month off and don't have hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to make sure I see ALL the shows on the tour does NOT mean that I'm not a "real" fan. Its great that you guys have a "clique" or a brotherhood or whatever it is. However, to insinuate that those who are outiside of this "clique" and who you don't know personally are somehow inferior or are not true DSO fans is ignorant and elitest.

I love Dark Star Orchestra. I also love Furthur. Loving both bands and supporting both bands does not make me a "bad" fan, and it does not make me in any way inferior to the "cool kids". I resent your insinuations about me, and I think there's one thing you need to remember: Phil and Bobby were/are actual MEMBERS of the Grateful Dead. To insinuate that they don't have a right to play their shows wherever they see fit (even if it means booking a show with the direct intent of competing with DSO) is to be a bit unfair, in my estimation. If you really love DSO, then please understand that if it weren't for Bobby and Phil, there would BE no DSO. Also remember there would be no Grateful Dead or DSO if it weren't for us fans

Direct competition in a free market, capitalist economy is one of our country's primary ideals. I don't understand why people act like Phil and Bobby owe something to DSO and should be polite and thankful to them for "carrying the torch". Performing music may be what these guys love, but its also a BUSINESS.

This post is already longer than I intended, so I'll stop there. The point is this: its okay to enjoy both bands. Its also okay to claim your allegiance to one or the other. However, whats NOT okay is starting verbal wars and hurling insults at whichver camp you don't belong to. If there's a recurring theme in the traveling family that follows the Grateful Dead, its "love and community". Lately, I haven't been feeling either of those around these parts.

One of the interesting parts of this thread is the number of alter egos chiming in. Based on similaraties in writing style I think that one person is posting as three or maybe 4 individuals. I guess it keeps things entertaining but strange. :blink:

• Forum MVP

One of the interesting parts of this thread is the number of alter egos chiming in. Based on similaraties in writing style I think that one person is posting as three or maybe 4 individuals. I guess it keeps things entertaining but strange. :blink:

Maybe it's a poltergeist ... I'd be careful :unsure::lol:...

• Forum MVP

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

• Forum MVP

Nice referrence to Alister Crowley's Moonchild

your reply challanged me to look him up as I had herd the name before but knew nothign about him ... I see he was quite an interesting fellow from the quick biography skim over I did ... Thanks , I may delve in a little deeper ...

• Advisory Board

Just curious, which 3 or 4 screennames do you think are the same person?

Dr. B B)

• Forum MVP

Don't worry. We're all in the dark, but the alter egos has spread so far that some new members or infrequent posters are being mistaken for alter egos. No one knows who anyone is anymore. I guess thats how a forum is supposed to be. Maybe Cavey can sort it out.

Archived