Way To Go Ohio

ripplinrain

• Forum MVP

It doesn't matter how fast your going. The cops can and will pull you over whenver they feel like for whatever they feel like. Too bad no one realizes that traffic stops and check points are almost always a violation of civil rights. Oh yeah, we don't have those anymore. U.S.A. the land of the catch-22. If you drive over the speed limit, your speeding (I just picked up one for doing 5 over in the Indiana, ticket says 75 in a 70 - I claim it was 73, but thats irrevalent cause 73 is still above 70 and speeding) and if you drive under the speed limit, your driving suspiciously so their gonna stop you anyway so they can take a look around or how bout the worse case you think your driving the speed limit perfectly, but because your odometer or the cop's method of measuring your speed (ie radar gun) is not calibrated correctly so your now doing 2 over and thus, speeding. I would suggest driving carefully and caoutiously regardless of any ruling made by the Ohio State Supreme Court. They don't govern or enforce the laws on the highway and I think this ruling was just affirming that their not going to try and start now.

Why do we even have speeding laws or traffic stops? Do we really think that the person is driving too fast or do we want to generate a revenue stream? Technology exists that would pick up the speed of the highway your on electonically and could restrict you from exceeding the acceptable maximum speed. Why aren't we using it?

• Forum MVP

A few years ago when I was a young hippy I was headed in my van from Hot 'lanta to the lake in Alabama where my family was vacationing. My path took me through a small Alabama town that had a reputation of busting a bunch of Deadheads on their way to and from a show in Birmingham. I was extra careful...driving slow..watch the turns...stop at every yellow light...passing the couthouse in the center of town I noticed about six cop cars and pigs hanging out in the shade... carefully I made my way out of town...no one following....finally out of town and into the countryside again...Karlos, the hounddog, started jumping around like he needed to find a firehydraunt....I put on the turn signal...carefully pull off the road into a dirt drive way into a vacant field....let Karlos out..and then the cop car comes blazzing in with his lights a flash'n. He claimed I made an illegal turn without signaling. Even though I politly asked if he would please help me check the turn light by obsering it when I test the turn signel he was not interested in checking. He stuck his head inside the van and said it smells funny in here. I replied that maybe the dog took a shit in the back. He was needing to get out is why I stopped. I ended up sitting in the back seat of the cop car for about fourty minutes talking to him ... telling him about being a graduate student at Georgia Tech and every other respectiveful thing I could think of. He finally told me to hit the road and get on to my family. Latter that night while sitting around the campfire my father asked if I had any weed to share. I then started fumbling around tring to roll a joint and my uncle Rich said "Here, let me do that", I watched Rich roll a nice fat one using only one hand.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

A few years ago when I was a young hippy I was headed in my van from Hot 'lanta to the lake in Alabama where my family was vacationing. My path took me through a small Alabama town that had a reputation of busting a bunch of Deadheads on their way to and from a show in Birmingham. I was extra careful...driving slow..watch the turns...stop at every yellow light...passing the couthouse in the center of town I noticed about six cop cars and pigs hanging out in the shade... carefully I made my way out of town...no one following....finally out of town and into the countryside again...Karlos, the hounddog, started jumping around like he needed to find a firehydraunt....I put on the turn signal...carefully pull off the road into a dirt drive way into a vacant field....let Karlos out..and then the cop car comes blazzing in with his lights a flash'n. He claimed I made an illegal turn without signaling. Even though I politly asked if he would please help me check the turn light by obsering it when I test the turn signel he was not interested in checking. He stuck his head inside the van and said it smells funny in here. I replied that maybe the dog took a shit in the back. He was needing to get out is why I stopped. I ended up sitting in the back seat of the cop car for about fourty minutes talking to him ... telling him about being a graduate student at Georgia Tech and every other respectiveful thing I could think of. He finally told me to hit the road and get on to my family. Latter that night while sitting around the campfire my father asked if I had any weed to share. I then started fumbling around tring to roll a joint and my uncle Rich said "Here, let me do that", I watched Rich roll a nice fat one using only one hand.

Peace and Love,

Doc

Everybody needs an Uncle Rich now and then :D

• Forum MVP

Help !

I did an edit on the above post and it duplicated the message. I then tried to clean up my mess by deleting one of the copies and it duplicated again. Thinking I made a mistake on the "delet" button I tried again and another copy appeared. I'm a bit embarsed ...now I think there are five copies ...

Peace, Love, and Duplications

Doc

• Forum MVP

Help !

I did an edit on the above post and it duplicated the message. I then tried to clean up my mess by deleting one of the copies and it duplicated again. Thinking I made a mistake on the "delet" button I tried again and another copy appeared. I'm a bit embarsed ...now I think there are five copies ...

Peace, Love, and Duplications

Doc

]

all fixed

Archived