Welcome Jeff Mattson

Dr. Vapor

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Advisory Board

Dr.B....Whenever I'm at a show or having dinner with a bunch of people who have been around here a long time......and the subject of Alter-Egos on this board comes up.. your name is the first one mentioned.ALWAYS.I don't blame Jimmy for bailing one bit.....this forum is not what it used to be.Take this thread for example.....what should have been a happy place has disintergrated into a monstrosity.I mean for cripes sake....a band member having to defend himself ?Give me a fucking break...and stop with the pseudo names already! It has led to the demise of these boards.

Let's get serious.

What names do you believe that I am posting under?

I and any "character" that I ever created on here for fun never contributed to the "monstrosity".

Don't saddle me with any baggage for the demise of these Forums. I barely post and any of the "characters" that I ever used stopped a long time ago and barely ever posted at that except for one.

Let's hear who you or anyone thinks that I post under. I will confirm or deny it, and that will be the end of any "character" posting on my part.

I am confident that I had nothing to do with Rowjimmy's bailing from the Forums. that's a pretty outrageous inference if that is what you are saying.

Dr. B

train-wreck.jpg

Haven't we had enough for one day?

Pugdog - you took an argumentative tone with a band member who is going through a rough time about internal band politics, regarding probably the most important decision they've ever made, and then insulted Waldo who is one of the nicest and most knowledgeable guys in the whole community. :wacko::unsure:

It'd be nice to get this thread at least somewhat back on track. Welcome, Jeff!

• Forum MVP

In the wise words of Walter from the Big Lebowski, "nothing is fucked, dude".

nothing is fucked. :cheers:

"You're being very un-dude." Although I have an incredible affinity for John Carpenter and horror sleaze, The Big Lebowski is without a doubt the best movie ever made. And the Cohen Bros. rule in 95% of their films... never saw intolerable cruelty, haha.

On topic though. I would just like to congratulate Jeff Mattson. I saw two shows with him that just completely blew my mind. There are great things on the horizon for all of DSO and their fans.

Pugdog - you took an argumentative tone with a band member who is going through a rough time about internal band politics, regarding probably the most important decision they've ever made, and then insulted Waldo who is one of the nicest and most knowledgeable guys in the whole community. :wacko::unsure:

u69Ix9iWTjn9suvmooUnqBzlo1_500.png

I agree to disagree.

I feel like Rob took a defensive, argumentative tone with me...BUT my feelings aren't hurt. I forgive, understand his frustrations, and knowing the space he's in has helped. Again, I think I could've better phrased my initial comment and have since apologized for it(Not pulled a Waldo and changed my post). You guys need to work on just being yourself...Perhaps whoever runs this Ship could research who is who by the IP addresses?

Nothing is fucked, Dude

jeff.jpg

...at all.

http://www.archive.org/details/dso2010-05-28.at822.mac

:icon14::icon14:

• Forum MVP

"Perhaps whoever runs this Ship could research who is who by the IP addresses?"

It can be done, and it has been done when circumstances warrant.

It is sad to see this ship sailing on a cruel sea. But I believe everyone will share the laughter again once things settle down. The music helps...

• Forum MVP

Let's get serious.

What names do you believe that I am posting under?

I and any "character" that I ever created on here for fun never contributed to the "monstrosity".

Don't saddle me with any baggage for the demise of these Forums. I barely post and any of the "characters" that I ever used stopped a long time ago and barely ever posted at that except for one.

Let's hear who you or anyone thinks that I post under. I will confirm or deny it, and that will be the end of any "character" posting on my part.

I am confident that I had nothing to do with Rowjimmy's bailing from the Forums. that's a pretty outrageous inference if that is what you are saying.

Dr. B

First of all I didn't say that you were some of the Alter-Egos here.What I said was that numerous times that I have been in the company of well respected members of this community... your name has come up with respect to the different aliases here.I don't know if its true or not... but I'm just trying to tell you for whatever reason people think that you are behind some of the names.As for Bissell I certainly didn't mean to imply at all that you had anything to do with him leaving these boards.You took that out of context.There are alot of people that don't post here anymore because of the way these forums have gone lately... and I know it because I hear it from them.Now I'm done.Peace out.

• Advisory Board

First of all I didn't say that you were some of the Alter-Egos here.What I said was that numerous times that I have been in the company of well respected members of this community... your name has come up with respect to the different aliases here.I don't know if its true or not... but I'm just trying to tell you for whatever reason people think that you are behind some of the names.As for Bissell I certainly didn't mean to imply at all that you had anything to do with him leaving these boards.You took that out of context.There are alot of people that don't post here anymore because of the way these forums have gone lately... and I know it because I hear it from them.Now I'm done.Peace out.

Sorry if I misunderstood but it seemed like your post was directed at me as it started by addressing me. I have read where people think that I am posting under some of the more inflammatory names around here, that is not true. Any posts I have ever made under any name have been made in jest and with good motivations.

I am one of those who rarely post anymore because of the way this place has become. I too am disgusted by it and by some of the people around here who just can't shut up and feel the need to stir the pot constantly.

Very sad.

Dr. B

Bottom line, whether it was Stu or Jeff, purty much a no-lose situation to my ears. Both are dedicated artists with their mindset and musical hearts in the right place. It's simply a bit silly to be getting our boxers in a twist over "who" and "how" and "why". It's a band decision and I am sure it was not an easy one. It was THEIR business. If it wasn't solely their busines, there would be a fan vote, which, unfortunately, given some of the strident and shrill discussion, would have been a clusterfuck and completely inappropriate to the spirt of the band (and the music).

Congrats Jeff and DSO. See ya in Portland soon, me hopes. And am also confident Stu will be bringing smiles wherever he goes.

Onward!

http://www.archive.org/details/schwag2009-04-17.schwag2009-04-17_50

:icon14: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :icon14:

Here's a SBD of Our very own Jeff Mattson sitting in with Stu Allen and The Schwag in April (of last year)...Donna Jean sits in too! Grate Schtuff!!!

We're all really just a big Phamily...we have our squabbles, but our underlying common love supercedes all, and it always will! Deadheads have always disagreed, it's our nature, the internet has dynamically changed the communication method, :rolleyes:, but our love will never fade away.

sp-hippie.jpg

tumblr_kty4ymSCXl1qa4u3j.jpg

Anybody got a grilled cheese they wanna trade...? :sleep:

• Forum MVP

I just finished today a graduate level course at UNLV to make me a nationally certified AP (Advanced Placement) United States History Teacher (Freshman level college course and college credit given) .... pretty cool.... ... :cheers:

Jeff being picked as the lead guitar for Dark Star... double pretty cool .... ... :cheers: :cheers:

• Forum MVP

I just finished today a graduate level course at UNLV to make me a nationally certified AP (Advanced Placement) United States History Teacher (Freshman level college course and college credit given) .... pretty cool.... ... :cheers:

Jeff being picked as the lead guitar for Dark Star... double pretty cool .... ... :cheers: :cheers:

Matt ,Congrauations ,thats fantastic,see you at the ledges?

• Forum MVP

A P teacher matt...!!!!

nice, congratulations.....

• Forum MVP

Thanks for all the positive vibes..... SEE WE DO HAVE CIVIL PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD !!!! .. :rolleyes:

and I like the ring to that.... "AP Teacher Matt" ... :blush:

and again congrats to JEFF !! ... I look forward to seeing him for the first time with DSO come August 1st in Newark, Ohio ... :dsorocks:

No Ledges this year.. darn... but my trip home for the summer is all of August to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary !!! ... cheers to them .. :cheers:

Chuck - I went from JV to AP .. :blink:

This place has turned into a soap opera.

Not sure when exactly it happened.

By my reckoning it happened when DSO fans here on this board displayed an unwarranted and untoward sense of entitlement with regard to JK's role in Furthur, to DSO's timing of announcements, and to Furthur's freedom to schedule tours as they see fit.

I know that I have pissed off many by harping endlessly against those things, but I am not sorry for having done so. DSO fans ought to realize that the holier-than-thou attitude displayed toward DSO over the years by some deadheads has lately come home to roost in a holier-than-thou attitude displayed by DSO fans toward Furthur.

DSO's music speaks just fine for itself if we but let it do so. If Furthur's music is able to draw fans away then DSO will deal with that by bringing it harder just like they always have, and if necessary by scheduling differently. Why be mad at Furthur about it? Nobody owns the music. Nobody owns the fans. Nobody owns the bands. Be of good cheer for songs fill the air.

:cheers:

:580:

Congratulations Matt!!

Archived