This Place Used To Be Fun.......

Dr. Vapor

and by extension Brian what you think of me is none of my business - lol

as I am just a player in your play - a role.

That is why i TRY to be grateful to everyone, for what they bring us is a gift - no matter if it is a "good" one or a "bad" one. It is what you do with it that matters.

My son got upset because his sister would hurt his legit creations. He was the victim. I told him if anything respect other's creations and maybe the lesson would go away. I believe he understood.

obviously until that lesson your son disrespected other's creations. I'm surprised any offspring of PG could be that way. :)
Maybe he just needed to express his appreciation of what others are bringing at age 8. ... His *lego* creations

Nice sentiment. Happy New Year, Ducats.

u r so way over my head it scares me.  I don't understand the first line. fortunately for me you're not a sarcastic bastard like me so i'm fairly comfortable the "nice sentiment" is sincere. I just don't know if it's directed at me or your son.  Reading about that tragedy you experienced made me sad.  Happy New Year to you to.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Not at you. Just saying he might have been lacking appreciation instead of expressing dishonor. Two sides of the same coin. One is passive, the other is active way of showing respect.

Yeah, it was very hard and still the PTSD comes out in subtle ways. Obviously, feeling safe. But it gave me gifts too. It wasn't just a robbery. A really high price ! He was a gem of a guy and it hurt for a long time.

✨✨✨✨

That is why i TRY to be grateful to everyone, for what they bring us is a gift - no matter if it is a "good" one or a "bad" one. It is what you do with it that matters.

"Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens."

Gibran

If it wasn't for the path of my past experiences I would loose out on the wonder of today.

It's a great day to be alive!!!

• Forum MVP

Daryl Scott: "It's a great day to be alive. I know the sun is still shining when I close my eyes. Well, it's hard times in the neighborhood, but why can't every day be just as good"!!!!!!  I'm still lamenting the loss of Guy Clark; however, Daryl is still touring. I consider Guy Clark as (like his song is titled) The Last Gunfighter.  now he's old and the only one left sitting at the bar and nobody believes what he says, he's being called out to the lunatic fringe, where he gets killed by a car... so much for the smell of the black powder smoke....and to stand in the street at the turn of a joke. I wonder where all our stories and tales of collaborating on the road and in all the love raised in parking lots will be in 25 yrs.  While you're on the Guy Clark trail check out Texas 1947 and Boats To Build. Guy cut at close as Hunter does to what gives us all meaning and compassion for Chet and Murphy and the rest of all of us who had strolled down Ammagamalin Street (called it Shakedown Street, if that makes more sense)

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness all while Singing the Blues and not getting caught - Ducats.

no idea if that even makes sense or if it correlates to any part of this thread - since as I said over my head.

some of those long posts (Mason, PG, SVT, plenty of others) I am LOST

does that Chockra thing have anything to do with any of this :unsure:  

• Forum MVP

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness all while Singing the Blues and not getting caught - Ducats.

no idea if that even makes sense or if it correlates to any part of this thread - since as I said over my head.

some of those long posts (Mason, PG, SVT, plenty of others) I am LOST

does that Chockra thing have anything to do with any of this :unsure:  

....only pertinent while eating gigantic bowls of Count Chockula....... :580:

• Forum MVP

My puppies leaving me no room in bed. My legs been ending up in the weirdest angles.

Last nite: A wife, 3 cats, 2 kids, and our neighbors fat lab. It was warm but did not promote restful sleep - Had to pull the ripcord at 3am....

• Forum MVP

Why do dogs feel the need to take up all the room in the bed

Our cats have reduced our sex life at least 30%. They plop in between us and it becomes too much work at that point to move them.

My puppies leaving me no room in bed. My legs been ending up in the weirdest angles.

Interesting topic....several years back living with my old girl, she had a dog and had always allowed the dog to sleep in the bed with her..I came along and refused to allow this to happen...fast forward 8 years, both my dogs , 90 lbs each sleep in the bed with me. I would have it no other way. I now understand why she allowed this to happen and feel awful I was against it... Dogs = LOVE

yeah love but not unconditional like everyone says.  when my dog alerts me to what she wants I dam better jump.  if not, she looks at me with the wide eye stare (the book says that's the one that says do it or else) and explains how it is not an option.  I want it and I want it now or I'll fucking rip your face off :)

and I have the sweetest smartest border (smartest breed they say) collie (Cassidy ofcourse) on the planet. unfortunately spoiled brat.

• Forum MVP

Why do dogs feel the need to take up all the room in the bed

Our cats have reduced our sex life at least 30%. They plop in between us and it becomes too much work at that point to move them.

lol.....I had a cat who did that too....it made us laugh.....

• Forum MVP

There just so much room on the bed no one is using. They both tried to plop right between my legs. I've read its recognition of me as the alpha but I'm not so sure. Definitely puts a hurting on the legs.

Love the puppies though. I'm happy to have them in bed.

• Forum MVP

Our 17 year old shihtzu girl doesn't sleep with us because she snores (shhhh.... don't tell). However, she knows what she wants and has persistence. She will bark endlessly, a yip timed just right, because when you think she might have given up, she barks again.. I mean it will go on and on.

The joke is instead of "does a tree make a sound in the forest when no one listening", does she bark for dinner when no one is home ? Yes. She does,incessantly. I came home one day at 4:00 an hour or so early and heard her barking. I milled around outside for about an hour and she never quit.

• Forum MVP

Instead of dogs, I have to deal with pillows. I tried getting a larger bed so I would have some room and my wife just added more pillows.

I'm still cracking up over this response

Archived