This Place Used To Be Fun.......

Dr. Vapor

• Forum MVP
On 1/4/2017 at 1:25 PM, Mason's Child said:

She even laughed at me which I still to this day find belittling and insulting. Fortunately I know not to take things personally. Like I said, I look forward to seeing her on the rail. I even look forward to reading her very intimate and real although sometimes scattered reviews. They place you at the show wonderfully. Just don't think we have much to talk about in the realms of philosophy and life.

Hey, MC- I never knew these posts were here all these years til chuck liked my earlier post in it and I just saw it........

and you know I agree that we were disagreeing and that I laugh a LOT- not meant to be hurtful, rather it is to show that I sincerely believe that the semantics of this particular philosophical point tend to confuse rather than sort out what is only able to be experienced rather than discussed. Obviously I can't live the life you live. But if we both love the life we live then we both live love. And cause of DSO we both get to love the life we live. But like I said, statements just seem vain at last.

and yeah yeah yeah- I still don't go to enough shows. But it's not about that. It's about how we take that magic out into the world for everyone else. Y'all got me, always have. The others need me, too. But since my dirty traveling vendor family will always be there- I am there, too. I can't escape. 

And, MC, I'm glad we have found a few things to see eye to eye on since these posts! Always thought u were cooler than me, never gonna argue that you and Mango take the award for deadicated star heads..... but at least y'all know my name :) 

im only not at shows lately bc of real life emergency shit, which for once I won't go into, here, but this lil unicorn is hard core adulting for the benefit of her family right now and it's only cause y'all taught me strength of will and the bliss of life that I am standing strong in this fucked up shit storm my fam is facing right now. 

We will survive. 

Glad we still come around. All of us. All good things in all good time. Kiss kiss.

enjoy red rocks- I'm gonna have to go shove my Jerry finger up the ass of some Nazi sons of bitches while y'all are dancing but we all do all of this together- if each on "our own path" LOL

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP
11 hours ago, Supplicated Velvet Thunder said:

enjoy red rocks- I'm gonna have to go shove my Jerry finger up the ass of some Nazi sons of bitches while y'all are dancing but we all do all of this together- if each on "our own path" LOL

If by all together you mean you dance thru me at redrocks and I shove my finger up some Nazi ass,..... I'm out.

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

If by all together you mean you dance thru me at redrocks and I shove my finger up some Nazi ass,..... I'm out.

duly noted. But metaphorical middle fingers up the ass of those that pretend to be above the law doesn't leave a stink- actually, it's not even kinky- it's just what must be done. 

Fucking miss y'all. Thanks for making me giggle on a very serious morning!!! Kiss kiss- it's not like I'm abandoning y'all for red rocks cause I'm out in the woods- in fact, it's kinda annoying all those kids are so close by right now- hard to make a buck busking when the whole country of travelers is around the corner. 

Back to TCOB ;) even worse than it appears but... it's alright!!! Kiss kiss

• Forum MVP
On 6/24/2010 at 11:53 PM, gr8fulpair said:

The reason the Grateful Dead culture is sometimes referred to as a church is because the very foundation upon which the culture was built started back in the 60's and was all about love, acceptance and tolerance. I have fond memories of my first show in March of 85 at Hampton. While the music was certainly compelling, I had not yet established the deep rooted love for the songs that would eventually evoke emotions in me that can only be compared to the emotions I had while falling in love with my wife, or seeing my children born, or sadly watching my Mother die. What hooked me at that time was the people that made up the culture. Hugs from strangers, a discounted tofu dog, a complimentary pipe hit, an invitation to "check out the inside of my bus". Inside the coliseum the back wall of the floor level became a pile of jackets three or four feet high the width of the floor. At the end of the show, people were patiently finding their jackets and helping others find theirs. "Alas, there's my Guatemalan hoodie", just as I left it nearly four hours ago. Indeed, it was a simpler time. Let's not forget how things were when this all started. Us older folks have an obligation to be the example for how it was. People have a right to their opinions, but they also have an obligation to express them with the kindness and empathy that proliferates the culture. The Grateful Dead / hippie culture is (supposed to be) devoid of hostility and hate. That's what I like about it. Let it grow.

Just exactly perfect. Just thought I ‘d bring it to the top of the deck.

• Forum MVP

So true. I just read the whole thing. Some deep personal stories, openness. It has effected my perspective for the better. We are all so alike. We’ve all been to hell and back, hungry for life to be good, willing to do our part. The music, the lyrics, and the celebration connect with us. We are all simple troopers in the tye dye army. Praise DSO for their dedication and sacrifice, being there for us to revitalize ourselves so that we can work on getting back to where we belong.

• Forum MVP

From the heart of me I have to tell you all

thank you

i love you

out there on the streets, deadheads ain't got much heart left, sometimes. It looks tired and old and sad, too often, despite the electric fireworks that we all see in each other's eyes as we dance and play together. 

But..... here..... at Dark Star Orchestra......

its pretty much just all heart. I mean- we are mostly assholes like anyone else in the world- but........ we really love this music and the message it cries through the night in a way that feels.... well..... tender. And special.

Best show ever for the one note that one time stuff that my eyelids can't unsee, my feet cannot unspin, nor my heart unpatter. It stays with you. It never fades away. Never ever. It's too goddamn real. 

and this....... you guys...........

thank you

i love you

kiss kiss

• Forum MVP

“and this....... you guys...........

thank you

i love you”

Bless you, Steph.

I cannot thank every one of you enough for the gifts you have shared with me.

Archived