Now Listening...

You Are Here

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today in the car I have a show that begins with Race, R4tR, Cassidy.

;) who can name that show?

Well of course that would be the 5/19/07 Rams Head show! What an all around awesome night that show was,just exactly perfect on many levels!! That was possibly the best concert experience I have ever had.

• Forum MVP

Well of course that would be the 5/19/07 Rams Head show! What an all around awesome night that show was,just exactly perfect on many levels!! That was possibly the best concert experience I have ever had.

Plus one.

• Forum MVP

http://www.archive.org/details/dso2010-07-08.mk5mk6_24bit

...diggin Eaton's harmonies at 11:35-ish, "let it burn, burn, burn"...very good stuff.

Really? There is a flat out monstrous show with a flat out monstrous Fire from 4/24/78 where Garcia does that at the end of the last verse.

Eaton was probably at that show.

Yeah, I think I've heard it before (but very rarely)...it was a pleasant surprise to hear Eaton throw it in. In "Good Lovin'" (Atlanta (Variety Playhouse) a year or 2 ago) he was doin' a lil rap and did the "gotta get some lovin in Russia now baby"...

I could have sworn he said "we're gonna eat some Mushrooms now baby." :rolleyes:

Off topic to a degree but it reminds me of the "MMMM-bop, bop, bop-bop" at the end of NFA (80's-90's)...I really dig it (7/4/89) but have talked to people that despise(d) it. "It's confusing!" They say. :rolleyes:

thoughts?

Anybody have a link to any DSO versions with the "bop-bop" harmonies?

• Forum MVP

5/17/77 Alabama

First Passenger. Grooving Jack-A-Roe. Hot Half-Step. Fantastic first set with nice Scarlet>Fire to end it.

Love any show with Terrapin in it and a Wharf Rat never hurt neither.

Guest crazy digits

http://www.archive.o....150.sbeok.shnf

Grateful Dead Live at Berkeley Community Theater on 1972-08-21

I am into the D-Star>El Paso>Space>Deal Holy freakin madness batman!!!

If you have not found this before, slap yourself and then go get it. WOW!

Saw DSO recreate this one a couple years back at mexicali..one of my favorite DSO shows of all time..next night was roosevelt stadium 76" at Stone Pony..those two nights were love.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Really? There is a flat out monstrous show with a flat out monstrous Fire from 4/24/78 where Garcia does that at the end of the last verse.

Eaton was probably at that show.

You are so right about 4/24/78. Sparkles from genesis to revelation, but I particularly love the NFA>Black Peter transition. It just glides and then oozes. Contrast that very same transition in the DeKalb show four months earlier (10/29/77). In those remarkably different moments one gets a glimpse of the bottomless alchemy they were playing with.

When I need to get nothing done, I find myself turning to 6/23/74. Absolute butter.

• Forum MVP

Had to take a nice day trip down to Portland yesterday:

5/26/73 Kezar Stadium on the way there.

2/15/73 Dane County Colisium on the way back.

Not only was it a beautiful sandwich of one of my absolute favorite years, but it really showed off what a difference 3 months on tour will make with how different the songs sound.

Anyone else ever do that? "That" being listening to the beginning and ends of tours to hear how the songs progress as time goes on. So much fun............

• Forum MVP

Thanks for a cool idea!

No problem. its especially nice on tours that had munerous "1st timers" ala '73, '76(back from hiatus", etc. Listening how the Eyes and China Doll progress from the beginning of '73 to how they are being played at the end of '73 is just amazing.

Archived