Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Forum MVP

Archive is down so I cannot share the link :icon13: .

Just finished: GD in Richmond 11/1/1985. Jerry was in the soup most of this show but the energy from Bobby on this one is legendary. Love the She Belongs to Me and the Gloria from this show. :P

I remember 11/1/85 quite well. I was hung over as hell after living it up (MX Missile anyone?) at the 10/31 show in my home town of Columbia SC.

It was the only time the GD played Columbia. I was in college and I bought 15 or so tickets for my best friends and loaded up 2 suites at the hotel next door to the coliseum with enough libations to make Hunter S. Thompson proud.

Oh, the memories........

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Ooh, yes. I recently bought that CD and wholeheartedly endorse that coupling. Given that no one really has to buy any of this music, I wondered why I did. Patriotism! That's why.

Here's another great pair: Not Fade Away>Wharf Rat. 7/4/81 in Austin, TX. Very, very nice.

128872561666993532.jpg

It is all about the package.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

51mNSGBc5zL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

At first I was irridescent

Then I became transparent

Finally I was absent

You are weird. And I mean that in the best possible way.

I found myself rooting for the empire.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

http://www.archive.org/details/gd80-11-30.sbd-aud.sacks.2416.sbeok.shnf

Fox Theatre 11/30/80

One of the best freaking Scarlett>Fire transitions these old ears have heard. Also the intro to the Wheel absolutely sparkles! :cheers:

Agreed...Garcia and Lesh are mind melding with the creator, whomever that is. That's the only possible explanation.

Listen to that Deal too.

http://www.archive.org/details/gd80-11-30.sbd-aud.sacks.2416.sbeok.shnf

Fox Theatre 11/30/80

One of the best freaking Scarlett>Fire transitions these old ears have heard. Also the intro to the Wheel absolutely sparkles! :cheers:

Yes, indeed... and also a fine, tight Bird Song, which was the first electric one in over 7 years! Not stretched out like it would become by the late 80's, but sweeet nonetheless. I also dig the funky, punchy early version of Stranger.

• Forum MVP

Yes, indeed... and also a fine, tight Bird Song, which was the first electric one in over 7 years! Not stretched out like it would become by the late 80's, but sweeet nonetheless. I also dig the funky, punchy early version of Stranger.

Major Sweeeeeeeetness! Mucho Gracias Amigos!

Jerry Garcia Band - 1989/10/18 The Stone, San Francisco, CA

Think, And It Stoned Me, Run For The Roses, Let It Rock, Forever Young, Deal

Harder They Come, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Dear Prudence, That Lucky Old Sun, Gomorrah, Tangled up In Blue

Good show, both sets are strong, lots of good MELVIN hahaha

Archived