Now Listening...

You Are Here

Archive Stream:

The Other One

With Drea

Tue Feb 28th 2012 12.00pm–2.00pm

Time zone: Central

12:02pm

Alison Brown “Forky On the Water” from The Company You Keep CD ALBUM (Compass Records Group 2009)

12:05pm

The Hatrick “Rocky Road Blues” from Stompgrass Vol 1 (self)

12:09pm

Tony Furtado Band “Wating for Guitteau” from Cojema Music (Cojema Music)

12:17pm

Ryan Spearman “Large Mouth Fool” from Get Along Home (self 2011)

12:20pm

Truckstop Honeymoon “Grateful Dead Show” from Steamboat In A Cornfeild (S. Euliss & m. West 2011)

12:24pm

Rory Gallagher “As The Crow Flies” from Irish Tour (BMG 1999)

12:31pm

Hugh Laurie “You Don't Know My Mind” from Let Them Talk (Warner Bros. 2011)

12:34pm

John Mooney “I Wonder Blues” from Gone to Hell (BLIND PIG RECORDS blindpigrecords.com 2000)

12:39pm

Ray Bonneville “Crow John” from Goin' By Feel (Red House Records www.redhouserecords.com 2007)

12:39pm

Nathan James & Ben Hernandez “You Better Learn” from Hollerin'! (Scared Cat Recordings 2007) —At Blues City Deli Thursday and Saturday; Friday Beale on Broadway

12:47pm

Cannon's Jug Stompers “Minglewood Blues” from American Folk Music (Master Classics Records 2008)

12:51pm

Grateful Dead “New Minglewood Blues (Live At Lakeland Civic Center Arena, Lakeland, FA, May 21, 1977)” from Dick's Picks, Vol. 29: Fox Theatre, Atlanta, GA, 5/19/77 & Lakeland Civic Center Arena, Lakeland, FL, 5/21/77 (Atlantic Records/ATG rhino.com 2003)

1:01pm

Kitaro “Howling Thunder” from The Light of the Spirit (Politur 1987) —Sound bed for announcements.

1:07pm

Band of Heathens “Ramble On Rose” from Double Down Covers (self 2012)

1:14pm

Keller Williams with Keith Mosley & Jeff Austin “Candyman” from Rex (Rex Foundation)

1:19pm

Triple Threat “Down By the River” from Triple Threat (Joekrown.com)

1:25pm

North Mississippi Allstars “Never In All My Days” from Polaris (ATO Records 2003)

1:28pm

The Derek Trucks Band “I Wish I Knew” from Songlines (COLUMBIA/LEGACY 2006)

1:33pm

The Jeremiah Johnson Band and the Sliders “Brand Spank'n Blue” (self 2011)

1:38pm

Louisiana Love Act “Parish Jail” from Louisiana Love Act (self 2011)

1:48pm

Grateful Dead “NOT FADE AWAY” from Dick's Picks #29 (Dead Recordings)

http://kdhx.org/play/radio-shows/the-other-one

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

80s Alternative Radio on Pandora Radio - Now Playing - Friday I'm In Love - By The Cure ... just starting - Crowded House - Don't Dream Its Over ...

prolly listen to this most of the morning while I watch the oranges ripen on the tree in my yard and drink coffee ... hello Saturday !!!

and now playing -Chris Issak - Wicked Game

• Forum MVP

Listening to 5-11-77 St Paul show--Charlie Miller SBD. I really like the Eaton remasters, but cant find his version of this show. Ive been on this 77 kick after I found the Grateful dead Project. Ive seen a lot of people asking where can you download the archive.org SBDs. Here's a link that will get you about every SBD out there. Ive been downloading the grateful dead project 77 torrents. Note it doesnt search by date very well, but year seems to work fine. http://bt.etree.org/index.php?searchss=1977&cat=8&sort=seeders

The Hunter Seamons matrix's are very sweet too. I think he has 80 of them on there.

• Forum MVP

11/7/71

Only got through Truckin and the stage banter has me cracking up.

Show has been epic so far. Getting into Dark star now. The comes a time has not oft sang verse in it that touched me very deeply. Absolute marathon. Taking the whole thing in at once tested the limits of my listening; I can't imagine the energy it took to perform all this. Coming down home stretch now. love is real....

Guest L~Cat

"Russian Lullaby" played this evening on satalite GD channel. Jerry Garcia Band ( not Jerry and Grisman ) that sounded like Nicky Hopkins on piano, John Kahn and a quite drummer....not sure the source but would like to know.

Peace and Love,

Doc

could be any of these....

Oct 27, 1975 Jerry Garcia Band Bailey Hall (Cornell University), Ithaca, NY Notes 1 Recordings Oct 28, 1975 Jerry Garcia Band Beacon Theater, New York, NY - Early Show 3 Images 1 Recordings 2 Changes [Jun 29, 2011 16:11] Added second ticket image and show time based on it. - jjupille Oct 30, 1975 Jerry Garcia Band Colden Auditorium (Queens College), Queens, NY Notes 1 Images 1 Recordings 1 Changes [Feb 26, 2010 7:11] Added ticket image - slip_not Oct 31, 1975 Jerry Garcia Band Tower Theatre, Upper Darby, PA - Late Show Notes 1 Images 1 Recordings 2 Changes [Feb 18, 2009 22:55] Added notes from Terry Keating who attended the show. - ryanshriver Nov 1, 1975 Jerry Garcia Band Capitol Theater, Passaic, NJ - Late Show Notes 1 Images 1 Recordings 1 Changes [Dec 13, 2008 18:51] Added ticket image - slip_not Nov 2, 1975 Jerry Garcia Band Constitution Hall, Washington, DC Notes 1 Recordings 1 Changes [Dec 26, 2010 19:7] Changed title of set II "unknown song" to "Old Man River," based on email from Rob Darst. - jjupille Nov 17, 1975 Jerry Garcia Band Keystone, Berkeley, CA Notes 1 Recordings 1 Changes [sep 5, 2008 0:0] Added Reinhart Hohlwein recording, filled in setlist based on tape evidence, and noted that Positively 4th Street appears on the official release Garcia Plays Dylan. - jjupille Nov 22, 1975 Jerry Garcia Band St. Paul Civic Center, St. Paul, MN Notes 1 Images 1 Recordings 1 Changes [Jan 6, 2011 2:14] Added Joe Sia image - slip_not Nov 23, 1975 Jerry Garcia Band Macky Auditorium (University of Colorado), Boulder, CO 1 Recordings Nov 29, 1975 Jerry Garcia Band Keystone, Berkeley, CA Notes 1 Images 3 Recordings 2 Changes [Feb 10, 2011 19:49] Added opening band name. - slip_not Dec 20, 1975 Jerry Garcia Band Winterland Arena, San Francisco, CA Notes 1 Recordings 1 Videos 1 Changes 1 Guests [Mar 21, 2009 7:20] Added audio with images you tube - slip_not

• Forum MVP

could be any of these....

Thank you, Angel. That's good song research. Without much supporting facts I'd have to think it might have been the show at The Keystone in Berkeley, Nov 29, '75. The occasional sounds from individual audience people gave the impression of a small club. That line up of Jerry, John Kahn, Nicky Hopkins, and Ron Tutt had "Russian Lullaby" on their set list frequently the few months they were together.

Peace and Love,

Doc

Guest L~Cat

Thank you, Angel. That's good song research. Without much supporting facts I'd have to think it might have been the show at The Keystone in Berkeley, Nov 29, '75. The occasional sounds from individual audience people gave the impression of a small club. That line up of Jerry, John Kahn, Nicky Hopkins, and Ron Tutt had "Russian Lullaby" on their set list frequently the few months they were together.

Peace and Love,

Doc

you could always goes back here and listen: http://tela.sugarmegs.org/alpha/j.html

I stream from here at work sometimes...actually listened to 11-17-75 today.

• Forum MVP

'75 has got to be one of my favorite Garcia Band years, Nicky Hopkins is listed as playing piano on Jimmy Page's 2011 release with Albert Lee. Still looking for that three piece power trio Page hoped to tour with last year. Hopkins did play with the Stones for awhile, right?

Yes. On exile on Main street

And I agree about 75. Nicky Hopkins talent cannot be denied. His playing could be a little superfluous at times but he still meshed very well in the band on the rippers and the ballads.

Guest L~Cat

Yes. On exile on Main street

And I agree about 75. Nicky Hopkins talent cannot be denied. His playing could be a little superfluous at times but he still meshed very well in the band on the rippers and the ballads.

You know your stuff that's for sure....

As a little digression, since the stones were mentioned, I have to say I'm slowly making my way through Keith Richards autobio..... Highly recommended. I knew it would be a hoot- very entertaining but I did not expect it to be nearly as interesting and educating as it has been. Great read.....

Archived