Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Forum MVP

http://archive.org/d...dpa.4023.flac24

pretty great sounding recording. This show got lost in my mental archives, but looking back it was an awesome semi-rainy dance party on the harbor.

- And yes, Teacher Matt, we drove ALL the way up there for ONE set :P

That was a really nice outdoor venue despite the rain. The rain was coming in sideways off of the harbor, and by the end of the show Mattson was drenched. Solid show.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a really nice outdoor venue despite the rain. The rain was coming in sideways off of the harbor, and by the end of the show Mattson was drenched. Solid show.

I was at that show as well, as it is in my hometown. I love that venue and hope they play there again. I even loved the rain.

• 2 weeks later...

The Maker; what an awesome song! Was really glad the day I discovered Jerry covered it. My roommate has always told me he thought the song Stay would've been an excellent JGB cover; I find myself agreeing with him. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Currently listening to JGB (8/7/1977), particularly Stop that Train. Would love to hear this at Jubilee, whether it is done by The Wailers or DSO.

"Stir it Up Jam".... Grateful Dead 3-21-91 Landover,MD-Capital Center

notes say first stir it up jam. i say to myself i know i saw one at the spectrum. so i look it up. they only played it once (88 hampton-which i'm sure i was there as well but don't remember any stir it up) ever? so is 91 the first ever jam if they played the song in 88? AND I KNOW I SAW IT AT THE SPECTRUM! or was it maryland?

everything says that was the only one ... you said spectrum and I started to feel like I may have saw them do it there too , but all roads lead to that one time !!!

wake up thinking (was drunk when posting yesterday) that i stayed with a taper at the spectrum shows same tour as stir it up and played the hampton show in room after seeing a spectrum show. so i look up the dates and see they didn't play the spectrum spring 88 tour. fucked up how they all rolled into one. who knows. you would agree the liner notes of "first stir it up jam" at the 91 show is mis-leading, if not plain wrong.

• Forum MVP

I am just now starting to check this stuff out on youtube.  Never really checked out youtube, nor thought of it to see stuff like this.....

but this has me in tears. 

I am sure many of you have seen this, but what a tear drainer.  Cant help but to smile when Jerry makes that little mistake.   My God we miss you so very very much.  Thank you for the years you gave us, and the travels in between!!

Archived