Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

1969-11-02 at Family Dog at the Great Highway

A favorite of mine from 1969. Dark Star>St. Stephen>The Eleven>Death Don't Have Mercy is hands-down the highlight. As far as I'm aware, the Dark Star is one of only two, the other being 1970-01-02, that features both a Feelin' Groovy Jam and a Tighten Up Jam. The Dark Star can be broken down down as follows: Intro>1st verse>Space Jam>Feelin' Groovy Jam>Tighten Up Jam>2nd Verse. Pure storytelling. Listen and enjoy.

• Forum MVP
DSO Show: 1998 • 11/17/2011 Wilbur Theatre, Boston, MA

Setlist: 6/9/76 - Boston Music Hall, Boston MA
One: Cold Rain And Snow ; Cassidy ; Scarlet Begonias ; The Music Never Stopped ; Crazy Fingers ; Big River ; They Love Each Other ; Looks Like Rain ; Ship Of Fools ; The Promised Land 

Two: Saint Stephen > Eyes Of The World > Let It Grow > Drums > Let It Grow ; Brown Eyed Women ; Lazy Lightnin' > Supplication ; High Time ; Samson And Delilah ; It Must Have Been The Roses ; Dancing In The Street > Wharf Rat > Around And Around 

Encore: Franklin's Tower

Mattson's favorite GD show. Glad I was able to make it to Beantown that evening.

• Forum MVP

DSO Show: 1998 • 11/17/2011 Wilbur Theatre, Boston, MA

Setlist: 6/9/76 - Boston Music Hall, Boston MA

One: Cold Rain And Snow ; Cassidy ; Scarlet Begonias ; The Music Never Stopped ; Crazy Fingers ; Big River ; They Love Each Other ; Looks Like Rain ; Ship Of Fools ; The Promised Land 

Two: Saint Stephen > Eyes Of The World > Let It Grow > Drums > Let It Grow ; Brown Eyed Women ; Lazy Lightnin' > Supplication ; High Time ; Samson And Delilah ; It Must Have Been The Roses ; Dancing In The Street > Wharf Rat > Around And Around 

Encore: Franklin's Tower

Mattson's favorite GD show. Glad I was able to make it to Beantown that evening.

That show was incredible. So happy to have been in attendance. The recreation did it justice. Still one of my go-to Eyes to listen to.

Show: 2007 • 11/29/2011 State Theatre, State College, PASetlist: 9/26/91 - Boston Garden, Boston MA - ThursdayOne: Jack Straw ; Cold Rain And Snow ; Wang Dang Doodle ; Candyman ; Mexicali Blues > Cumberland Blues ; Picasso Moon ; Box Of Rain

Two: Dark Star > Saint Of Circumstance > Eyes Of The World > Drums > Space > The Other One > Dark Star ; Attics Of My Life > Good Lovin'

Encore: Brokedown Palace > And We Bid You Good Night

Filler: Run Mary ; Don't Let Go

http://livedownloads.com/live-music/0,7180/Dark-Star-Orchestra-mp3-flac-download-11-29-2011-The-State-Theater-State-College-PA.html

oh no, a 90's recreation.... more like YES PLEASE. one of my favorite dso shows attended, hell of a filler too!

second set was sick. darkstar>saint>eyes. fucking phenomenal. I don't even know what to say, that trio of songs just did so much for me. First time I ever heard a live darkstar too. I was actually in the front row for the entire second set, I think Kevin made a few funny faces at the crazy kid flailing right in front of him, hope he's doing well...

• Forum MVP

I was there. Loved the Wang dang.

I remember that well. We were both deep into our Wang Dang phase. Remember thinking this entire tour is a bust if we don't get our Wang Dang. Highlight of the tour.

After the screening of Sunshine Daydream I went online to find a copy of that 8/27/72 show.

As I was downloading it, every other file kept popping up as "already existing".  Turns out I've had half of it for a while now, but  it was mislabeled, sounded disjointed, and as a result, never gave it much listen.

Now I've got the whole thing, including the crazy stage banter segments with lost child announcements ('Mom's! Go find your kids!") to bail money pledge drives for "Durango".

And the music ain't too shabby either.

Archived