Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Forum MVP

Just listened to the 5-5-77 show again. That's my fav of that 4 show run through 5-11-77. Man that Betty board has amazing sound. Actually listening to Rob E.'s remaster. That is a such an explosive show. That morning dew is such a sick 2nd set ender. I don't care what anyone says I think this was as good as any may 77 show :).

No Dew on 5-5.  Do you mean 5-8?

Little Boy - I agree that 5/9 is tops, but we're slicing through hairs here.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

LMAO grrrrrr.  I had that 5-8-77 show mislabeled as 5-5-77 lol.  Now where the hell is my 5-5 show!!! 

I had to convert many of these shows from flac to mp3 and must have screwed it up :(

1970-05-02 Harpur College - State University of New York Binghamton (Dick's Picks Vol. 8)

Hey guys, once again listening to the dead. This band sure has really stuck to me. Been revisiting a lot of the Dick's Picks lately. Mr. Latvala sure had some excellent tastes. I like this show for the mix of acoustic and electric. One thing I really like about the dead's acoustic shows is the often humorous chatter amongst the boys on stage. This show is outstanding. If anyone has any recommendations for 1970s shows I'd love to hear them. This one might be my favorite thus far, and for very good reasons.

Have a very unlaborious weekend my friends!

• Forum MVP

Got tired of waiting for 2013 shows so downloaded the 2-4-11 Atlanta show. Nice 3-setter but not a huge fan of the heavily synthesized keyboard from this 1980 recreation. Besides that, the show is a typical DSO barn burner. It sill amazes me every time I hear a new show from these guys.

• Forum MVP

I also like the 5-9 show the best of that stretch with 5-7 coming close behind, really love the 5-28 show later in the month.

5-5 through 5-11 would be 5 shows, but point taken. I think the strongest is 5-9 on account of the Help/Slip and the Comes a Time

Try giving 4-3-70 a listen.

1970-05-02 Harpur College - State University of New York Binghamton (Dick's Picks Vol. 8)

Hey guys, once again listening to the dead. This band sure has really stuck to me. Been revisiting a lot of the Dick's Picks lately. Mr. Latvala sure had some excellent tastes. I like this show for the mix of acoustic and electric. One thing I really like about the dead's acoustic shows is the often humorous chatter amongst the boys on stage. This show is outstanding. If anyone has any recommendations for 1970s shows I'd love to hear them. This one might be my favorite thus far, and for very good reasons.

Have a very unlaborious weekend my friends!

Speaking of those mind-blowing '77 shows, I'm listening to 9-3-1977 Raceway Park Englishtown, NJ (Dick's Picks Vol. 15).

It's hard to always say a best version for a song, but I just think the Mississippi 1/2 Step from this show is just unbelievable. Something is to definitely be said for the Eyes and Not Fade Away. This show would easily go in my top 10 for '77 if not top 5, which really says a lot considering the year.

• Forum MVP

Englishtown is spellbinding! My favorite 1/2 Step although I realize there is stiff competition. One of the sweetest Peggy-Os, and a rompin Music Never. That 2nd set Loser just soars! A terrapin encore does not suck. It's right there as one of ny favorites just behind the gold standard: 5.22.77!

• Forum MVP

No comparison. That was an amazing weekend. Fun time. Camping and music is such a great combo. Summers come and gone my oh my. Trying to plan the New Years run. Much more complicated logistics than camping and a drive. Plane then train then show then quick hotel and on a train again. Repeat.

I don't know how I've missed this for so long, but Jerry's solo on Row Jimmy before "broken heart don't feel so bad" 1977-03-20 is absolutely stunning to the point that I go on to claim it as some of Jerry's finest work. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you must listen.

http://archive.org/details/gd77-03-20.sbd.miller.25610.sbeok.shnf

Archived