Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

12/21/79. Jgb warfield. The 4th Street could change your life.

Wow, thanks Rick.  Just cued this up.  Nice board too, although Kahn is a bit loud in the mix.  4th Street is quite the rare threat as well.  The bust out at Warfield Spring '91 was also a bit of a life changer for me.  Then again I saw it live.  B)

Nice x-mas gift!

As a fat x-mas gift, I bought myself a pair of reference headphones.  Talk about a life changer - if you have a chance to listen, check out the Sennheiser HD800s.  A bit ridiculous price wise, but the combination of sonics and comfort can not be denied. 

• Forum MVP

YEAH RUDE !!!!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH7I6ibA-SM

Bobby is a STAR-maker, look at my avatar and the vid @3:54  – you think that’s just an ordinary duck he’s partying with?

So Bobby and this duck – not a pet duck  mind you.  More like Brian, the dog on Family Guy – you know, a regular pal who just happens to be an animal with human qualities.  We all have 1 of those, don’t we? 

Right???

What you don’t see in this video is Bobby in the bar with his duck pal.  The place is filled with insurance salesman from a nearby convention, and Bobby is somewhat relieved to have some time w/his duck pal w/out being hassled by gaggles of dead-head beauties.  Like a real man & Duck, Bobby and his pal belly up to the bar and Bobby blurts out  loudly to the bartender, "Hey, you got any flies?”  Now Bobby was already lit up – he couldn’t even remember that stupid joke,  and his duck pal hollers at Bobby, "Hey  - you know you can’t tell jokes worth a crap, you’re A Flippin Lame As Comedian. "

Bobby’s slurs back “a what?” Duck Pal repeats,   "A Flippin Lame Ass  Comedian."  Bobby slurs back again, "a what???"  The Duck says again, "A Flippin Lame-ASS Comedian.  A-F-L-A-C."    Bobby slurs back, "AFLAC?", duck says "yeah, AFLAC !!!"  And for 5 straight minutes Bobby and the duck say nothing but "AFLAC" to each other, until 1 of the salesman introduces himself to the duck.  And while Bobby never knew his duck pals name, he was known from then on as, the AFLAC duck.

…and there you have, the rest of the story.

• Forum MVP

Inching closer to this.  7/18/76 2nd set 

Might As Well
Samson and Delilah
Candyman
Lazy Lightnin'
Supplication
Let it Grow
drums
Let it Grow
Wharf Rat
The Other One
St. Stephen
Not Fade Away
St. Stephen
The Wheel
The Other One
Stella Blue
Sugar Magnolia

Wharf Rat and Stella.  Stephen sandwich inside of an other one sandwich. I just don't see how this one could suck.

• Forum MVP

While it opened the show, 10/29/77 is VERY spirited.  I wonder why?

The best I ever saw:  6/6/91 > Deer Creek.  that one just crakeled with energy.  Hell, that 1st set was one of the best I ever did see :)

• Forum MVP

6/5/70

Set I
Dire Wolf 
I Know You Rider 
Silver Threads and Golden Needles 
Friend of the Devil 
Me and My Uncle 
Black Peter 
New Speedway Boogie 
Set II
Cold Rain and Snow 
Easy Wind 
Mama Tried 
Cryptical
Drums
Other One
Cryptical
Attics of My Life 
Hard to Handle 
It's a man's world
UJB
St. Stephen 
Casey Jones 

• Forum MVP

6/5/70

Set I

Dire Wolf

I Know You Rider

Silver Threads and Golden Needles

Friend of the Devil

Me and My Uncle

Black Peter

New Speedway Boogie

Set II

Cold Rain and Snow

Easy Wind

Mama Tried

Cryptical

Drums

Other One

Cryptical

Attics of My Life

Hard to Handle

It's a man's world

UJB

St. Stephen

Casey Jones

Love any early show with Attics. This one is text book!

Archived