Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Live at Massey Hall 1971 Neil Young ~ incredible DVD , esp Don't let it bring you down, it's only castles burning, The Who have resumed trying to complete a years worth of 50 years "fare the well" shows, Eddie Vedder sat in for The real Me at last night's Rosemont Horizan show, Roger and Pete put all their heart into the magnitude of their catalog. $50.00 tickets available for most of the res of the shows, nothing bigger than a colosseum, nothing better than a 15 min. Magic Bus to get things rolling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Comes a time
when the blind man
takes your hand
says: don't you see?
got to make it somehow
on the dreams you still believe

This song that we seldom hear was thrown at me last night by a obscure website....and then this afternoon it pops up again on the CD just pulled blindly from the shelf..." Steppin' Out with the Grateful Dead, England '72"  which by the way has many Pigpen songs.  I want to listen to more versions this evening...just to find what the spirts are tring to tell me.

Peace and Love,

Doc

Don't give it up
you've got an empty cup
only love can fill
only love can fill

• Forum MVP

Comes a time

when the blind man

takes your hand

says: don't you see?

got to make it somehow

on the dreams you still believe

This song that we seldom hear was thrown at me last night by a obscure website....and then this afternoon it pops up again on the CD just pulled blindly from the shelf..." Steppin' Out with the Grateful Dead, England '72" which by the way has many Pigpen songs. I want to listen to more versions this evening...just to find what the spirts are tring to tell me.

Peace and Love,

Doc

Don't give it up

you've got an empty cup

only love can fill

only love can fill

Had a sweet moment with that tune this morn while listening to 6/22/76....primo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=mf1dNTexCL4

Incredible guitar interplay, simple, complex, tone,voicing a guitar players/listener paradise. And that's without the other 50,000 other contributions from the band.

CHEERS From Greg in NJ.

Greg,   maybe I'm lost but your link seems to open to a page with an advertizement for "Deadpool"...and it's even an advertisement just for a trailer for "Deadpool" what ever that is.  Maybe You Tube changed something on the page or maybe I'm just lost, whicht happens now and then.

Peace and Love,

Doc

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=mf1dNTexCL4

Incredible guitar interplay, simple, complex, tone,voicing a guitar players/listener paradise. And that's without the other 50,000 other contributions from the band.

CHEERS From Greg in NJ.

Greg,   maybe I'm lost but your link seems to open to a page with an advertizement for "Deadpool"...and it's even an advertisement just for a trailer for "Deadpool" what ever that is.  Maybe You Tube changed something on the page or maybe I'm just lost, whicht happens now and then.

Peace and Love,

Doc

Sorry Doc, I was working with a kindle and sometimes all this technology escapes me. I think I fixed the link. An oldie but gratie!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

12-28-70 while cutting the grass. That's pure uninterrupted Dead time. The Smokestack had me thinking about the 84 Smokestack. During drums the guy next to me said not since 72. I forgot where that conversation wound up on the board, I remember reading a post refferancing that Mass show.

• Forum MVP

Love is but a song to sing
Fear's the way we die
You can make the mountains ring
Or make the angels
cry
Though the bird is on the wing
And you may not know why

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

Some may come and some may go
We shall surely pass
When the one that left us here
Returns for us at last
We are but a moment's sunlight
Fading in the grass

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

If you hear the song I sing
You will understand (listen!)
You hold the key to love and fear
All in your trembling hand
Just one key unlocks
them both
It's there at you command

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

• Forum MVP

Jerry's solo show from April 82 ?, finally got the all the parts including a wicked going, going, gone and To lay me down and Valerie, China doll is really a treat hearing only jg also a Gomorrah I had never heard these songs before, only all the usual songs on a 90 min. Must of had a late and an early show, maybe 2 sets each? Something happened where Kahn didn't make it, so Jerry got a chance to do everything just how he felt

Archived