Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Spectrum Spring 85 series, incredible video with the board patched.Looking forward to Rochester in July with my friend who handed the torch to me at Red Rocks second and third nights 83, and hopefully meeting some forum folks. I get extremely spaced out at psychedelic shows, may take a minute to come around

• Forum MVP

Heard a live performance of four handed piano playing of Shubert's Fantasia in F minor, Or 103 and Mendelssohn's Andante Und Allegro Assai Vivace, Or 92. Incredible !!

Huh? Was that with Donna and Keith or Brent:) hate feeling dumb, like I don't k ow the name of plastic cups with art in it!

• Forum MVP

It was just so amazing to see live I had to share among my music loving friends ! They would cross over one another's hands to play at times.

Mendelssohn died when he was 28 or so and Shubert at 38!! Just incredible composers.

One of the duo playing said the difficulty of playing one piano was the pedal sharing. They had to work the particulars out of that. She likened it to sharing a bathroom with your husband and remarked it is better when you didn't have to.

Dick's Picks 11 

09/27/72
Stanley Theater - Jersey City, NJ

Set 1:
Morning Dew
Beat It On Down The Line
Friend Of The Devil
Black Throated Wind
Tennessee Jed
Mexicali Blues
Bird Song
Big River
Brokedown Palace
El Paso
China Cat Sunflower>
I Know You Rider
Playin' In The Band

Set 2:
He's Gone
Me And My Uncle
Deal
Greatest Story Ever Told
Ramble On Rose
Dark Star>
Cumberland Blues
Attics Of My Life
Promised Land
Uncle John's Band
Casey Jones

Encore:
Around And Around

• Forum MVP

I have no idea what I m waking up to 5his morning, but the GD channel is playing te clearest late 60's shoenu have ever heard.

He was friend of mine is on right now, and it sounds crystal. Jerry's voice, his guitar is shredding with a clarity that really gets us deadheads off!

Wholly shit....i am in complete chills....they just took he was....into a China cat. Omg wow...i never ever heard that or any transition like that. That was fucking awesome... love that young Jerry's voice!!!

• Forum MVP

Do you ever listen to space in the car and find the noise in space, in this case a high pitched metal scraping sound, throws you a bit and you find yourself checking you haven't hit anything ? I was backing up the car today down the driveway when it happened. Lmao........ Or sirens and look to make sure no cop ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

About as good as they come :)  In the pantheon of all-timers - thanks for the reminder PC!

RFK maybe had not quite become that festering sh*thole that it ended up being before they took a wrecking ball to it.  I think it was 95 degrees+ every time the Dead played there

• Forum MVP

Do you ever listen to space in the car and find the noise in space, in this case a high pitched metal scraping sound, throws you a bit and you find yourself checking you haven't hit anything ? I was backing up the car today down the driveway when it happened. Lmao........ Or sirens and look to make sure no cop ?

When space comes on in the car, I instinctively pull over to go pee. Then when I get back in the car I click the fast forward button. Do people actually listen to space in the car?? Maybe if a long car ride but locally D/S always gets skipped if a local drive.

• Forum MVP

When space comes on in the car, I instinctively pull over to go pee. Then when I get back in the car I click the fast forward button. Do people actually listen to space in the car?? Maybe if a long car ride but locally D/S always gets skipped if a local drive.
LMAO !! Is it because you were drinking beer during drums ??

Sometimes it is fascinating to hear where the song emerged from... Especially the Other One. At Blk Mtn in 2014, the space was terrifying-- it was full of angst and screeching. Rob E kept his back to the audience, turning knobs and pressing pedals. An astral raping for sure. I would hit the fast forward on that one.

I read once the GD would pick themes for the drums / space. I swear Dead and Co in DC last fall had an ufo theme. It felt like the place was about to tear from the concrete foundation and was vibrating so palpably the coliseum building itself reached a new level of higher conscious when it was done. Mickey and Bill are masters.

• Forum MVP

About as good as they come :) In the pantheon of all-timers - thanks for the reminder PC!

RFK maybe had not quite become that festering sh*thole that it ended up being before they took a wrecking ball to it. I think it was 95 degrees+ every time the Dead played there

How can I be a repeat offender if my alternate name is PC ?

"Don't the moon look good, mama

Shinin' down through the trees?"

Full Moon tonight!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

6/29/76

This show has an emotionally crushing segment in the first set. Rain into rain. Mission crushes you as you do things half way and then the clouds come in. It's raining in the mission but it looks like rain all around you. You find yourself immersed in darkness as you pray that storm to come.

They break you out with browneyed. Then encourage you to go find a new. Would you come closer if I asked you to?

• Forum MVP

I'm gonna do 2-25-66 thursday night after a local dead cover.  Get in right headspace. Listening to 1/23/70 soundboard on relisten Honolulu, HI.  Its gonna be new dave's picks.  Set list incredible.  

Owsley was working the board.  The boys were probably juiced up. 

The crowd definitely. 

Archived